Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hi everyone, I'm new and I'm a palm *****! I read the 700p bug sticky last night and I was totally LOST!! Here's my issue. I have a 3 week old palm treo 700p. I only have the sofware that came installed on the phone (real one, ptunes, on demand etc...) and pocket quicken in the ROM and on my card I have lexi-comp and oxoford dictionary. About 1-2x per week I get a message that states: battery low system will reset in 30 secs, then a countdown begins. I figured out how to check the cause of the reset and dialed ##377 (sprint service). "A crash occured on 10/26/06 at 7:20 pm while running "<unknown application>": Fatal Exception. I was not even using the phone and my bluetooth was hooked up. I was not low on battery (89% full) and I was not in a low service area. I have gotten a new battery and done 2 hard resets (after a number of soft rests) and the problem presits. All I need to know is:

1. if there is something defective with my phone (like a need to exchange for a new one)?
    2. Is there any software updates I need to do?
    3. Anything I need to do differently to correct the problem?
    4. I was going to install the crash pro, but will this cause software conflicts?
    5. Anyone else have this issue?

Any advice would be helpful TIA
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miimac View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new and I'm a palm *****! I read the 700p bug sticky last night and I was totally LOST!! Here's my issue. I have a 3 week old palm treo 700p. I only have the sofware that came installed on the phone (real one, ptunes, on demand etc...) and pocket quicken in the ROM and on my card I have lexi-comp and oxoford dictionary. About 1-2x per week I get a message that states: battery low system will reset in 30 secs, then a countdown begins. I figured out how to check the cause of the reset and dialed ##377 (sprint service). "A crash occured on 10/26/06 at 7:20 pm while running "<unknown application>": Fatal Exception. I was not even using the phone and my bluetooth was hooked up. I was not low on battery (89% full) and I was not in a low service area. I have gotten a new battery and done 2 hard resets (after a number of soft rests) and the problem presits. All I need to know is:

1. if there is something defective with my phone (like a need to exchange for a new one)?
    2. Is there any software updates I need to do?
    3. Anything I need to do differently to correct the problem?
    4. I was going to install the crash pro, but will this cause software conflicts?
    5. Anyone else have this issue?

Any advice would be helpful TIA
    I've had several Treos over the years and have never experienced that. I would return the phone for a replacement rather than pull my hair out trying to find the cause.
    Looks like bad hardware. If you have time, try this (you have little to lose):

Do a hard reset. Use the phone without installing ANY other software.

Any odd behavior now is because of bad hardware (or bugs in the ROM .. but there is nothing that you can do about that until Palm issues updates to the ROM).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    okay I called sprint and a new treo 700p will be at my house in 3-5 business days. However, after reading this new treo may not work well either???!? or do you think it will work fine if no third party sofware is installed?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    theres no way to tell till you have it, some are ok some are bad, and then there are some known bugs.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    dang!! if I get a replacement and I have another type of problem, I'll go INSANE!!!!!