1.    #1  
    I get text messages via my 700p rather than using a pager. At night, because the available alert sounds only play once, sometimes I sleep through them.

Is there a way I can get the alerts to repeat? I've looked in the prefs and there's no setting to address this. Is is possible to upload a longer alert (say one that plays for 10-15 seconds) and play it?

Thanks in advance.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Butler has a nag feature that works with SMS alerts.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  3.    #3  
    Thank you! I looked at it and it's worth a shot as long as it doesn't destabilize my 700p.
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    I have used my Treo as a pager for several years with Butler. It works.
    Pros:
    1. No missed pages. If you are in a dead zone, you will get the SMS as soon as you get a signal. Somewhat of a problem if you are a physician and are in a submerged hospital department with no signal but the SMS pops up as soon as you re-emerge.
    2. ONE LESS DEVICE TO CARRY, LOSE OR FORGET.
    Cons:
    1. Not as loud as a pager. If you silence the thing, I've found that the vibrating alert is not as strong as that on a pager and somewhat easy to miss.
    2. Poorer signal penetration compared to an analog pager. I am also a neuro and generally the signal coverage for Verizon in my territory is excellent so dead spots are rare and shortlived. In practicality, hasn't been an issue.
  5.    #5  
    I've been using Butler all day on my 700p, as I would normally use the device. Hasn't crashed my 700p once so far. I've set the nag feature so the SMS alarm goes off ten times at intervals of ten seconds. This should be enough to work for me at night.

I have been working long hours and have been more tired than usual, so I have been sleeping through pages lately. This program should help, and I've paid the shareware fee.

Thanks for the recommendation!
  6.    #6  
    Just wanted to update with a great feature of Butler that no one else has mentioned.

You can set the nag to be effective only between certain hours. During the day, my Treo is always on and is on my person, so I hear the SMSs coming in immediately. The hours I need help are 11 PM-6 AM, and the nag is set to be effective only between those hours. And it works.

This is a nice piece of software! Thank you for your recommendation!