Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Source:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/28/p...e-and-release/

Content:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7416/slide4re2.png

Opinion:

I seriously hope Palm doesn't think about selling these things for ~ $399 on Palm.com

I was expecting to pay $300 hell even $350 at most!
    Last edited by DevilsRejection; 10/28/2006 at 05:01 AM.
    I'm not complaining. It's cheaper than the 650 with better specs.
    I ll buy it for $425
    only if it were WM.....ugh...palm yuk
    so will the unlocked version be released around the same time....
    LOL, in that same doc talks about the 750, so dont be too sad. Heck, if the advertisting campaign mentioned in the doc pans out, they will probably sell a few more 750s that they think.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I would personally think that the unlocked version would come after a few weeks since Palm is making it so that you can only get the multi-colored versions from them (for now, I can see other carriers doing special colors for limited editions to keep the 680 in mind and "fresh").
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    $425...that means you can get the unlocked version in Chinatown for $380 or there about.
    for $425 I think i'll stick with my sparkly pink 600 for now (and to think people thought pink was stupid last spring when I di it lol)
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    for $425 I think i'll stick with my sparkly pink 600 for now (and to think people thought pink was stupid last spring when I di it lol)
    You were way ahead of the curve. Now make a blue version so Palm can copy you.
    I really, really thought I was going to get the 750V unlocked, and came really close, but now that I can see that we are getting closer, and I have always liked the Palm OS, I HAVE to run GoodMM, this has more memory thyan my 650, I am actaully excited to get this device!!! I will get one from Cingular to test when it comes out, and then most likely or maybe return it for an unloceked when Palm releases the unlocked colors!!! I REALLY hope thry launch this on the 5th, and the rumors of the delay until after Thanksgiving are not true!!!

My real question is, I wonder how the sound quality will be? Even with Volume Care, unless I use a BT headset, people I talk to always complain of an echo when they talk to me. Do you think the Voice quality will be better with the 680 or the same?
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    You were way ahead of the curve. Now make a blue version so Palm can copy you.
    hehe but in order to do that, i'd need another treo! care to donate one? lol
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganT View Post
    I'm not complaining. It's cheaper than the 650 with better specs.
    Folks like you keep Palm in business. So you have no qualms paying so much for having so little above the 650, and for old hardware. It's a 650 sans antenna and more memory, same pokey processor from more than 2 yrs ago, albeit same OS, no 3G.....i'll stop here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Folks like you keep Palm in business. So you have no qualms paying so much for having so little above the 650, and for old hardware. It's a 650 sans antenna and more memory, same pokey processor from more than 2 yrs ago, albeit same OS, no 3G.....i'll stop here.
    Since it is his/her own money, I guess he/she can do whatever the heck he/she wishes.

Funny that the apple ipods(except the nanos) don't really look that much deifferent since day 1....wonder why people are still buying them.
    Considering I've never had a Treo and don't really care for 3G (since I can't really afford it). Oh and I happen to like the PalmOS.
    I like how in the PPT under Rich Multimedia Experience, it says: With MEdia Net. Im out of contract now, so I'll pay the 424.00 price and still use my 20 unlimited internet media net plan I'm grandfathered in. Or I could do the 1 year plan, save another 75.00 then by the time my 1yr. contract is up the 750 should be cheaper from its introductory price it will be coming out with......finally something other than my 650
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    I agree that if you have a 650, it's not really worth it. But the 680 was also meant to attract new Treo buyers. And I think it's a decent upgrade for the even older 600, if you still want to stay with Palm OS.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    What a bummer. Noticed the Presentation states that it only supports SD expansion cards up to 2GB. I thought that the 680 would support Fat32/higher capacity SD cards, that thought is obviously wrong. I'm sure this will be a big support issue for them as 2GB SD cards are commonplace and soon to be replaced by 4GB SD cards.

I'm not sure if this upgrade makes sense for me after reading this
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    It supports 4GB fat32 non-SDHC cards but not SDHC cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    It supports 4GB fat32 non-SDHC cards but not SDHC cards.
    According to the presentation posted here, 2GB is the limit. Slide 4, Features bullet #2 "SDIO Expansion card slot - accepts up to 2 GB memory card".

Is the presentation wrong?
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast