Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Palm could snatch up a lot more customers by allowing Cingular to sell colors.
    I suspect the reason for Cingular not selling colors is because Cingular doesn't want to. Palm would love for them to take all the colors and have them all on display. But Cingular is the customer, and it appears to me they've concluded the other colors won't result in enough incremental sales to compensate for the increased inventory carrying costs.

G
    Yet, they now have all the RAZR colors except D&G.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    but they didnt have all the colors at launch.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    At the time of the RAZR launch, wasn't there only the silver one?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    i seem to remember, that as razr launched it was a diff color for each carrier.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I find it interesting the color hype that is going on and the lack of information on the Treo 680. However, if you visit the European website they have a dedicated page to the 680, BUT don't mention various colors. Again interesting b/c of the previous comments in other threads about European users being fixated on style.

http://euro.palm.com/europe/en/produ...680/index.html

Either way the 680 isn't good enough to upgrade from 650. I've sworn by palm for a number of years, but I've played with the 700w/wx at verizon and sprint and I'm really looking forward to a 750.
    The color jihad will NOT stop until Palm give us blue 680!
    Well, is it out?
    Every pixel a picasso
    nope.. and probably won't be for awhile. Howardforums info says the cingular 680 release is pushed back to 11/20
    I'm just wondering what the price would be for the unbranded, unlocked Treo 680. I hate buying phones from carriers, and anyways it's nice to have a phone without some type of carrier branding on it.

I'm suspecting $499, but I'm hoping $399 unlocked. I can get the Nokia E61 for around $379, which actually works with my BT keyboard...so the Treo 680 can't be that much higher, considering it doesn't work with my BT keyboard .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
  11. SG2
    Cingular just called me and at least for this region (East Coast) the 680 will be available on November 20th and I am getting a 'showing' of the phone this week...go me! Price is approximately $200-$300. 750 model still pending.
    I just dropped by my local Cingular store & the rep told me he had no idea when his store would get a shipment of the 680.
    Quote Originally Posted by SG2 View Post
    Cingular just called me and at least for this region (East Coast) the 680 will be available on November 20th and I am getting a 'showing' of the phone this week...go me! Price is approximately $200-$300. 750 model still pending.
    Lucky you. My best friend's wife's sister's friend's husband's dog's petwalker's cingular rep also confirmed November 20th with the same 50% range in pricing.

seriously.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  14. SG2
    I've known the store manager for half my life so that's why he called me. My only question is do I get the 680 because I'm so impatient or just wait until the 750?...
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    My aunt just called and she got her 680 an hour ago! She wants to give me a showing so I'll post pics when I get back!
    Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    My aunt just called and she got her 680 an hour ago! She wants to give me a showing so I'll post pics when I get back!
    Where did she get hers? Palm retail or Cingular?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsun View Post
    i wasn't serious..
    Quote Originally Posted by dsun View Post
    Oy....
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    i wasn't serious..
    you got me good...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123