Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    4GB normal SD cards are out of spec in any case, and work variably in devices. The only REAL 4GB cards are SDHC.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by jonecool View Post
    According to the presentation posted here, 2GB is the limit. Slide 4, Features bullet #2 "SDIO Expansion card slot - accepts up to 2 GB memory card".

Is the presentation wrong?
    It's not wrong they just don't support it. Like Cable company who give you a HD cable box that has working HDMI port but they will not support it due to technical support overhead.

Why waste time to tell you which 4gb card works and which 4gb card doesn't work if they can just tell you it's not supported over the phone.
    Last edited by whatever7; 10/29/2006 at 10:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Can't wait until the unlocked version pops on Palms site... even tho i'm in canada and will pay more then I probably should, I'm pretty excited about this. I had a 600 that was "ok" so a sexier 650 without the amenic RAM the 600 had looks pretty damn sweet to me. I finally can run Chattermail again yay (or will... once I get my hands on one of these babies) Glad they're comin out with a new Palm model. Still wish it had WiFI but around where I live that would'nt help me much outside my home.
    Treo 600 --> Dell Axim x51v --> Copper 680
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    hehe but in order to do that, i'd need another treo! care to donate one? lol
    Just gotta say....I have LOVED your treo since you did it....actually thought about doing mine...wish there was a sparkly case...but will have to make due with a pink Vaja!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_meezers View Post
    Just gotta say....I have LOVED your treo since you did it....actually thought about doing mine...wish there was a sparkly case...but will have to make due with a pink Vaja!
    thanks! I've lost a few crystals here and there, but then again, its been dropped several times, thrown in my purse, etc lol. If/When I upgrade to a 680, I probably will just go with getting a case or something. I would feel strange crystallizing a brand new device....my 600 was bought used off of ebay
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Stopped by my local Cingular store today and asked about the 680. One guy hadn't a clue, the other said February. I clearly said 680, but didn't feel like trying to clarify the differences between the 680 and 750. Take with grain of salt. A big one.
    We all know that carrier reps are not the most reliable sources when it comes to release dates and phones. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes later. For example Cingular's 8525 was supposed to be launched already, but still has not been seen for sale. Cingular is really bad when it comes to releasing phones.
    Last edited by johncc; 11/02/2006 at 11:12 PM.
    QUOTE=bcombee;1118277]The Treo 680 has a FAT32 driver in the OS. I've not personally tried any 4GB or larger SD cards on the device, but based on previous devices that have this driver, I say they will likely work. SDHD support is more iffy.[/QUOTE]

This was in the thread Fat32 on 680.
    I believe that bcombee is a credible source who has provided good insider info before.
    Last edited by johncc; 11/02/2006 at 11:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjyBoy View Post
    We all know that carrier reps are not the most reliable sources when it comes to release dates and phones. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes later. For example Cingular's 8525 was supposed to be launched already, but still has not been seen for sale. Cingular is really bad when it comes to releasing phones.
    The 8525 is now available on the cingular business site.
    1 1/2 days to go, I will be checking in at Palms site at 12:01 AM sat night
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    As a 600 owner it (680) is a good upgrade for me. The 320x320 and BT justify it. Seeing I got my 600 directly from Palm/Handspring 3 yrs ago for $399 (with loyalty serial number deal, which I would like to see back), I think a similar price would be ok. Obviously the less the better.

Now about that sparkly treo.. I have an extra case and am going to paint it Redfire with black accents, to match my car. I posted a few threads looking for others who have done this and got little response..is this uncommon practice?

Finally, firefinder24, if your professions is a reflection of your screen name, please add it to your footer text. In you I trust! I always place police and firefighters in the same category.
    I am just worried that the 680 will be as unstable as the 650 was.
    And yes, you all know what I'm talking about.
    I love the Palm OS, but if it won't be stable unless it has NO software on it, forget it. I have owned PDA Phones before, and only the 650 had these problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    1 1/2 days to go, I will be checking in at Palms site at 12:01 AM sat night
    Even if Cingular announces on Nov 5th, I'm not sure I expect Palm to have the unlocked version available soon. Otherwise, what good would the announced "Cingular exclusive" be to Cingular?
    Yes, but Cingular only will carry Graphite supposedly. The colors are through Palm, and it would be bad to keep people waiting too long. They will have to have the colored versions out in a timely manner or people are going to start looking elsewhere.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It really baffles me that Palm is only selling the colors through the website. You want those colors in the stores so people can buy the pretty shiney things for the holidays. I understand the issues with stocking inventory, but really seems a really bad decision if the target market really is consumers not business users.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I don't understand that either. The colors are what consumers will want, the Graphite is for business oriented people. They still have time to change that decision though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have seen rumours that Palm was intending to leave out office apps (docs to go, exchange sync) to save on license fees and make a really cheap Treo 680, but Cingular did not think it would fly, and insisted they include it. Its clear Cingular does not see it as a consumer phone.

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 11/04/2006 at 05:38 AM.
    Cingular is somewhat correct IMO. Honestly, the Palm OS isn't really a "consumer" OS anyway, despite it's flaws. However, the bright colors would still attract consumers. If the 650 attracted consumers(they say it did in the LA area), a red or white smartphone could attract even more consumers, who could then use the phone for both business and regular use. Once you get users hooked on smartphones, they often will not go back. Palm could snatch up a lot more customers by allowing Cingular to sell colors.

That's very true. The leaked Cingular presentations definitely portray the 680 as a business device.

Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I have seen rumours that Palm was intending to leave out office apps (docs to go, exchange sync) to save on license fees and make a really cheap Treo 680, but Cingular did not think it would fly, and insisted they include it. Its clear Cingular does not see it as a consumer phone.

Surur
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast