Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I am the original poster. Read the title. This was my 700p configuration.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    I have this thing about space. I have 35 to 36mb available at this time; almost everything is on the card. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I have this thing about space. I have 35 to 36mb available at this time; almost everything is on the card. Ben
    I had a thing about space also, but I moved most all my apps into memory and still I barely scratched 40MB (still had my chattermail msgs on the card though). It was nice to have everything load quickly, especially since card access on the 700p was noticeably slower than the 650. If the mythical 'firmware update' ever materializes, I hope that's addressed.

Technically speaking, the heap & dbcache are kept on the separate 32MB chip with the 700p, so filling up your memory shouldn't affect the system's stability at all.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Lags? Normal, & typical.... One question for you all, when I was useing Agendus, nothing but daily resets(the worse time I've had on my 700p) I want to try Datebk6, but I don't want to deal with crash's, are you all happy Datebk user's?
    Did you do ##377's after the resets? If so, what programs were listed as the culprits? Did you get resets while in Agendus or while in other programs? (I have Agendus installed on a 2-day old 700p and I'm getting a fair number of resets. Particularly when I press one application button, then change my mind and press another.) I'm asking if simply uninstalling Agendus got rid of the resets, whether they occurred while running Agendus or not, and whether Agendus or some other app was listed as the culprit in ##377.

thanks, -- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Did you do ##377's after the resets? If so, what programs were listed as the culprits? Did you get resets while in Agendus or while in other programs? (I have Agendus installed on a 2-day old 700p and I'm getting a fair number of resets. Particularly when I press one application button, then change my mind and press another.) I'm asking if simply uninstalling Agendus got rid of the resets, whether they occurred while running Agendus or not, and whether Agendus or some other app was listed as the culprit in ##377.

thanks, -- Bob
    I did it all, it stated Agendus was the app to cause it.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Have never had a reset from DateBk6. Try that.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Have never had a reset from DateBk6. Try that.
    That's what I shall do...thanks!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I had trouble with the "Open" freeware and the first alternative site. This is the one I used. http://www.palmopensource.com/index.php?more=295
    so far these works for me. I'll also use * for free item, but some "free" are upgradable.

AvantGo *
    Card Reader (allow your pc to see treo as a drive... good when you want to load the mp3/movie clips.)
    DiddleBug *
    Dir Assist *
    FileZ *
    Open Chess
    CJKOS
    Icon Mgr*
    Noah Pro *
    Thesaurus*
    Snap *
    Splash ID (I used to have YAPS*)
    Splash Photo
    TCPMP *
    TealAuto
    USB Modem (always cool when you can surf on the internet w/out wifi)
    Google Maps*
    KMeteo *
    Uninstall Manager
    Zlauncher
    DataBk5 (I actually use the default Calendar's Today screen a lot... I didn't want to upgrade to DBK6 ---yet).
    Last edited by justdoit2; 11/15/2006 at 11:32 AM. Reason: add my list
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    great list of software. Another freeware app I'd add to your list would be pssh. Essential for those of us who run websites.
    akula34, I loved keepoff on my Treo 600 since the power button was on top and wasn't the same as the hangup button.

The issue I have with the 700p and keepoff is that when the screen turns off by Phone Tech's screen off util, I can't turn it back on without hanging up the phone.

Do you not use a screen off during calls utility?

Ideally, keepoff would operate using the side button which is less likely to be accidentally pressed in my pocket.
    I know the 700p has voicememo (im using it on my 650) but does it have notepad? I like how i can start recording using the side button with voicememo
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123