Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Haven't tried Datebk 6, but datebk 5 works fine.

Jimm: Do you, or have you ever, used VersaMail on your 700? If so, that's probably the cause of your worst lag. But yes, the 700 is slower when opening a database than the 650 was. I don't find the lags all that bad, though.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I don't find the lags all that bad, though.
    I felt the same way until I went back to using my wife's 650 for an hour. You may have adjusted to the lag, but I think if you go back to a 650, you'll see how bad it really is.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I know the lags are there, and I've only recently replaced my 650 with the 700, so I think I'm pretty aware of "how bad" they are. They're not bad enough to bother me. I guess a wait of a second before I can make my phone call just isn't a big deal to me.
    Bob Meyer
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Lags? Normal, & typical.... One question for you all, when I was useing Agendus, nothing but daily resets(the worse time I've had on my 700p) I want to try Datebk6, but I don't want to deal with crash's, are you all happy Datebk user's?
    Datebk6 is working great on my 2 day old 700p. I have been beating it hard setting up everything and have had no problems.
    Thanks mtndew, I'm going to test it out tomorrow..
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Thanks mtndew, I'm going to test it out tomorrow..
    I'll second that. I've been using DateBk6 on my 700p for about three months without any problems at all. In fact, I've been using DateBk for a couple years and have never had any problems with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtan View Post
    Akula34,

What's up with this link - it redirects to joad.com. Do you have a working link or can you post the .prc?

I find the same thing with versiontracker and download.com, too.
    Thanks for the heads up RE these programs - I was completely unaware of Autosync and Open, but they seem quite interesting.

Also, I found an alternate site to download Open, if anyone wants to check it out.
    reverendrhino & meyerweb I have been away for awhile and just wondered how you guys were doin with your 700P. I was thinkn of upgrading, but everything I have read here say the only plus is evdo (if its available) just looking for a extra info.

Thanks in advance
    Franko
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515 View Post
    reverendrhino & meyerweb I have been away for awhile and just wondered how you guys were doin with your 700P. I was thinkn of upgrading, but everything I have read here say the only plus is evdo (if its available) just looking for a extra info.

Thanks in advance
    Franko
    I was actually happier going from the 650 to the 700 than I was going from the 600 to the 650. Stable... faster.. EVDO... more memory... better bluetooth... I love mine.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Excellent list. Thanks for taking the time to include the descriptions and links.
    Great Post. I familiar with most of the apps, but there are some interesting ones Thanks.

Thanks in advance
    Franko

Doing good, hopefully for you as well, I was want to upgrade also , but not much options for me, EvDO is what keeps me with my 700p. So I guess their ain't much but, at least for me, welcome back...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I felt the same way until I went back to using my wife's 650 for an hour. You may have adjusted to the lag, but I think if you go back to a 650, you'll see how bad it really is.
    I agree with you. My Sprint 650 was down for a month after bumping it into a door jam which broke the digitizer.

I found a person that had a Sprint 650 with a dead radio and sold it to me for $25.00. I replaced the digitizer and I noticed how badly my 650 lags after not using it for a month when compared to my 700p.
    Here's a suggestion, do NOT use Lightwav! I've used it for years, with little to no problems, all of a sudden re-sets, daily! Got rid of it, now its re-set free..now if I can only get rid of that 2 second delay(answering phone call) on mRing, everything would be peachy clean

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I hear a lot of bad stuff about Ringo, but I've only had one reset out of it in the last 6-9 months. Not even sure it was really to blame, Treo reset as soon as it started ringing, and Ringo was blamed in the log. For all I know it might have been what happened to be running since it's on the notification list for rings of course.

The version I'm using is actually fairly old, I haven't updated it because it works.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I convert or download everthing in AMR so that the Treo can play it natively. I no longer use a ringtone manager at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    I convert or download everthing in AMR so that the Treo can play it natively. I no longer use a ringtone manager at all.
    Because it won't reliably play a different tone for different callers. Latest firmware, known bug.

Plus Ringo plays the song off the SD card, I don't want a bunch of amr in ram wasting space.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Latest firmware known bug??? I have several different ringtones for different people and groups and it works just fine. There is only one version of the firmware too, so I don't know what the "latest version" you are using is.

I understand the desire to save space, but I've still got 23 megs left with about 30 AMR's installed. I don't even use PowerRun for much anymore.

Thanks in advance
    Franko
    Hey Franko:

There are a couple of minor features that are better on the 700P (although, for the most part, they're available from 3rd party vendors), but I'd say the only significant advantages are EVDO and the extra memory. With EVDO, the number and types of web sites I can make use of are greatly expanded. And I was blown away by how much faster my email downloads. (And don't listen to all the boors claiming EVDO on the 700P is slow, based on DSLReports tests: the numbers reported are bogus. Real web pages and downloads are much faster than the DLSReports numbers.)

And with the extra memory, I don't need something like ZLauncher or PowerRun to put programs on the memory card.

What would you be upgrading from, and for how much? Even with the extra speed of EVDO, I'm not sure I'd pay full price to upgrade from a 650. Without EVDO, definitely not. If you're using a 600, I'd say upgrade as soon as possible. The 650 and the 700 are both a huge improvement over the 600.
    Bob Meyer
    Latest firmware known bug??? I have several different ringtones for different people and groups and it works just fine. There is only one version of the firmware too, so I don't know what the "latest version" you are using is.
    650 with 1.20/1.71. And yes, there is a bug with it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but ringtones attached to contacts sometimes just ring the default.

I understand the desire to save space, but I've still got 23 megs left with about 30 AMR's installed. I don't even use PowerRun for much anymore.
    That's nice.. Either you have nothing installed or you have a 700p.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast