1.    #1  
    I was a bit ticked with all the quirks with my 700p so I traded for a 700 w. I REALLY gave it my best shot. I wanted to like it. I read the entire manual, asked lots of questions on the TC board, etc.

the w is just not nearly as easy to use as the p. Not even close. The "multitasking" is way overrated. It had the same lag and lockups as the p. Some were better, some were worse. The screen is no comparison. WMP is just a pain to work with. Making a calender appointment was tedious. the apps available were so cumbersome and unfriendly compared to palms. Even downloading them was harder.

oh, and one other thing: you guys in the p forum are GREAT!! I was very disappointed in the slow or sometimes non-existent responses from the w forum. they were sarcastic at times as well. the p forum have been prompt, courteous and very helpful. thanks guys!!
    The obligatory welcome back post.

I too went back to the P after giving the W a chance. I liked some of the W's bells and whistles and could have grown used to most of the short comings (e.g. low res screen and insufficient memory). Activesync was the deal breaker and I also sorely missed keycaps, kb lightsoff and vindigo. When the P launched I switched immediately. Other than regular resets upon launching Blazer, this is the best Treo I've ever owned.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Welcome back...I will never convert to the W unless I have to, and then we will have to see. I have used the 6700 and I liked WM, but I just like POS better.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Having recently trashed a xv6700 and going back to my old Treo 600 (700p on order), I am amazed at how nice the Palm OS is c/w WM5!
    The only WM device I ever owned was an Axim x51v. I got rid of it within a month. Not becuase of any type of learning curve (I actually knew what I was doing right from the get-go), but the overall feel of the OS and applications just didn't do it for me. The unit clocked at 624mhz still felt slower than my 200mhz Tapwave Zodiac. And while there seems to be an abundance of WM applications out there, there were many unique Palm apps I just love that did not have WM equivelants.

When I went for the 700p, there was absolutely no thinking about the 700w. I still stand firm that PalmOS surpasses WM in so many ways....one big one being it is not such a resource hog.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    real nice to have you back. Just like all families there are shortcomings and quirks, its the ones that fit you that decide where you call home.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Frankly, I'm really fed up with my 700p. I'm tempted to get the 700w because of the freezing/lag issues with my 700p. However, I came from a iPaq 2215 (and before that a Handspring Edge) and I loved how simplistic the Palm OS is.

Hmm..... this thread makes me not want to give the 700w a shot.
    If you're going to give a WM Treo a shot, I highly recommend skipping the w, and getting the wx. I have both the 700p and 700wx. Both have their pros and cons. My 700wx is much more stable than my 700p, never have spontaneous resets like my 700p does a lot. I still love my 700p because of Chatter, the PIMs. Go for the 700wx over the 700w if you're going to try a WM Treo.

The 700p is in need of a firmware upgrade fast. It's been out over 6 months, and not one update. I still have ptunes skipping, spntaneous resets, and the lag.
    Jimmie Geddes
    after FINALLY getting company email working on my phone (i used to have to VPN in, which does not play nice on the 700p) i can finally tolerate my 700p. sure the 20 second delay to open a internet browser is ANNOYING, but hey i can finally get some work done with this thing!
    20 second delay? I am not sure what you guys are installing on this device, but mine is zippy (opens the browser in more like 3 seconds). Perhaps you are installing alot of programs to phone memory and not the SD card? Very easy way to keep it up to speed is to use a program like PowerRun to move apps over to the SD card. They will retain their shortcut icons on the phone, but be stored on the SD...freeing up alot of memory. This is what I use and I have never experienced these problems.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I stopped having "lag" problems when I disabled ProfileCare. I can only assume, but it seems most lag problems can probably attribuled to background apps using considerable resources.

I'm really hoping that the rumored update will fix this problem--I really like ProfileCare and I'd like to start using it again
    Quote Originally Posted by zektor View Post
    20 second delay? I am not sure what you guys are installing on this device, but mine is zippy (opens the browser in more like 3 seconds). Perhaps you are installing alot of programs to phone memory and not the SD card? Very easy way to keep it up to speed is to use a program like PowerRun to move apps over to the SD card. They will retain their shortcut icons on the phone, but be stored on the SD...freeing up alot of memory. This is what I use and I have never experienced these problems.
    EXACTLY.....

I don't have the lag or spontaneous resets. I use power Run to keep large apps on the card and Resco Explorer as my launcher.

I maintain 50 megabytes of available devise memory and an average of 640 percent data access speed.

The 700p is actually zippier than my T650.....

Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    after FINALLY getting company email working on my phone (i used to have to VPN in, which does not play nice on the 700p) i can finally tolerate my 700p. sure the 20 second delay to open a internet browser is ANNOYING, but hey i can finally get some work done with this thing!
    How big is your Blazer cache? When you close Blazer, the Treo seems to write the contents of the cache to (where?). And then, when you open Blazer, it reads it in again. The bigger your cache, the longer this will take. I've limited mine to 2MB, and the lag is manageable.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Hello. I have a Palm 600 and have finally decided I need an upgrade. I have been hearing all the pros and cons of the Palm 700p and the 700wx and can't decide which one to buy. I was highly resistant to getting one of these phones in the first place, but my brother upgraded and gave me his 600. He uses his 650 for work a lot. I don't. I use my phone for the basics, but my brother believes I would use more of my phone if I had a better one. I definitely want faster internet speed and better photo quality. Can you please tell me which phone you would advise getting? Thank you!
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babymonkey View Post
    Hello. I have a Palm 600 and have finally decided I need an upgrade. I have been hearing all the pros and cons of the Palm 700p and the 700wx and can't decide which one to buy.

Most "Palm OS" users will not consider anything other than another Palm OS to be an "upgrade" - I just don't know of anyone who really LIKES Palm OS who can stand using a WM device. So, if it were me, I'd say the 700p (or 680 if you nee GSM) is the only way to go.

If Palm stops making Palm OS devices I don't know what I'll do - move to Symbian probably

Danita
    I would suggest you go to a sprint store and play with both
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer