Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I mean this is silly already...

For me the 700p is great, and improvement over my 650 expect for the most important feature of them all BLUETOOH...

My 650 was flawless working with both my Acura and My INfiniti....
    now all of a sudden, my 700p has a mind of it's own.

connects and disconects on its own all the time for no reason, shows the wrong number of who is calling on the NAV, and my phonebook now keeps getting erased in the M phonebook !!!

COME ON SPRINT/PALM, GIVE US AN UPDATE ALREADY...
    HOW LONG HAS THIS PHONE BEEN OUT, 6 MONTHS OR SO????
    WHATS THE PROBLEM.

sorry to yell, but for the price we pay for a new phone, seems like we take 1 step forward and 2 backwards....

lol
    help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    you get the wrong number on purpose..as a safety feature. it's in the manual of my car. there is supposed to be a way to turn it off...so you can see the current number...instead of the last call.
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt View Post
    you get the wrong number on purpose..as a safety feature. it's in the manual of my car. there is supposed to be a way to turn it off...so you can see the current number...instead of the last call.
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum_nj View Post
    my car's manual says in the blue tooth section that the car will not display the incoming call phone number if the car is moving. it shows the last call's number from the call log...so that you don't take your eyes off the road while driving.

in other words, it is the car that keeps the number from being showed, not a flaw of the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    sorry to yell, but for the price we pay for a new phone, seems like we take 1 step forward and 2 backwards....
    Welcome to the Treo community. We feel your pain.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt View Post
    my car's manual says in the blue tooth section that the car will not display the incoming call phone number if the car is moving. it shows the last call's number from the call log...so that you don't take your eyes off the road while driving.

in other words, it is the car that keeps the number from being showed, not a flaw of the 700p.

thats the stupidist thing I've ever heard.
    First of all, my last phone the 650 showed the right number everytime on the nav screen.
    now the car decides not to with my 700? doesn't make any sense.
    I didn't turn that feature on or off when I got my 700 so how is that a safety feature?
    If anything, it's more dangerous because I now look at the screen realize it's the wrong number, then have to look for the phone, then look at the phone number on the handset. and that is to be more safe than just glancing at the nav screen??

do you even have the same car??
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    The firmware update may not address the bugs we want fixed when it does come.

This goes for all,

If your not happy with it return it, sell it on ebay and move on or cope.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler