Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    paesano,
    WRT 3) Was able to stream MP3 from .pls and .asx files.
    would you please try http://asx.abacast.com/blazers-kxl2-32.asx
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    What does this version add that the shareware did not have?
    OK, here are a few things that CorePlayer DOES have, that TCPMP does NOT have.

1) A nicer looking UI.
    2) Volume control in the main window.
    3) MP3 streaming (probably other formats that I haven't tried).
    4) Equalizer.
    5) Buffer settings.
    6) A lot more advanced settings and customizations.
    7) More accessible player controls

Perhaps others that I may have missed, but it certainly isn't just a repackaged TCPMP for PalmOS. I don't know all the CODECs supported. When I get more time, I'll do some more research.
    The wise man breaks wind and is gone... - J. Tull
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    paesano,
    WRT 3) Was able to stream MP3 from .pls and .asx files.
    would you please try http://asx.abacast.com/blazers-kxl2-32.asx
    thanks
    Sorry, no. It gives the error "mms protocol not supported," or something like that. I do believe I saw mms included in a list of upcoming protocol support, however.
    paesano,
    thanks for trying. looks like i need to wait a little (hopefully) longer
    paesano, TCPMP does have an equalizer. It isn't where the volume control is, though--tap the top bar and you'll see it in the drop-down menu.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaPrise View Post
    paesano, TCPMP does have an equalizer. It isn't where the volume control is, though--tap the top bar and you'll see it in the drop-down menu.
    Yeah, after I submitted that list, I noticed that the version of TCPMP I had on my TX was ver .71. I was afraid that the later version .72RC1 (or whatever) might have more features, but I had already deleted it from my Treo so I couldn't check.
    REVISED list of a few things that CorePlayer DOES have, that TCPMP does NOT have.

1) A nicer looking UI.
    2) Volume control in the main window.
    3) MP3 streaming (probably other formats that I haven't tried).
    4) WMA file support
    5) Buffer settings.
    6) A lot more advanced settings and customizations.
    7) More accessible player controls

Version .72RC1 has an equalizer, although one of the settings has changed from "Attenuate" to "Volume Normalization."

Now, here is my wish-list so far (in order of importance):

1) Background play (only for audio files, really). Just need to resume video from the last position if I leave the app to do something else and then return.
    2) More codec/protocol support for audio streaming.
    3) Cache recent URLs, because it is painful to enter them each time. They are usually long complicated names. At the very least, cache the last one.
    4) Bookmarking of URLs.
    5) Support for AVRCP and SAG, but that will probably take a change to SAG.

This list will likely grow as I do more testing. I haven't event tested video yet. I'm really hoping that I can replace TCPMP/pTunes with one media player.
    I went ahead and purchased it, not so much for what it had that was better than TCPMP, but because I felt that the whole package was worth it. It is much better than MMPlayer, which I also paid good money for, so please use my little contribution to make Core Player what it can be.

I have to say that the only thing I have been disappointed in so far is the fact that it still doesn't do a good job at H.264 playing. I had hoped that I could play iPod formatted files without alteration, but the performance is such that it is still unusable on the Treo.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane View Post
    I have to say that the only thing I have been disappointed in so far is the fact that it still doesn't do a good job at H.264 playing. I had hoped that I could play iPod formatted files without alteration, but the performance is such that it is still unusable on the Treo.
    If you have a Treo 650, try overclocking it before playing H.264 files.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paesano View Post
    Here are my impressions so far:

1) Looks nicer than TCPMP.
    2) Playing MP3 and WMA works fine (only formats currently on my SD Card).
    3) Was able to stream MP3 from .pls and .asx files.
    4) Apparently does not support streaming in Windows Media format (that was what I wanted more than just about anything else).
    5) Won't play in the background (An absolute must on a Palm device, hopefully later).
    6) Opening a URL requires typing the dang thing in every time (in other words, no caching of previous URLs).
    7) No bookmarks or playlist support.
    8) When starting a stream, no feedback about the progress (like "connecting," "buffering," etc.
    9) Occasional "skippy-ness" when playing .WMA format with SAG. MP3 was OK.

If I think of anything else, I'll post later.
    HI- Wanna buy Coreplayer, but only if it plays in the background, like PTunes. It doesn't? And if not, how is this any better than Kinoma? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane View Post
    Version 1.02 was choppy, but 1.04 works very well on my 650. The new version has hot keys, which are very helpful; I mapped my up and down keys to control the gain on the preamp; much more useful than a volume control.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Buyer beware. Thanks for the update. I cannot purchase a product that "might" have streaming WMA in the background (if they even promise that?) in a "future release". I'm not sure how this beats Kinoma+pTunes without those features.

Im not buying anything that PROMISES something in the future any longer. SAG was the last time I get burned. Still no 700P support.
    Its either got it and it works or it doesnt.
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    HI- Wanna buy Coreplayer, but only if it plays in the background, like PTunes. It doesn't? And if not, how is this any better than Kinoma? Thanks.
    It is NOT by a long shot better than Kinoma 4ex at this point. Maybe in the future it will be.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12