Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I have had virtually no probs with my VZW 650 for a year. Recently, I'm noticing the device resetting/rebooting itself for no apparent reason. No recent software installs, etc.

    Has anyone seen anything similar or have any troubleshooting tips?

    I know it's a vague request, but I'm not sure "where to go next", you know?

    Thanks in advance,
    AJ


    PS: Some of you may notice my other post that I just upgraded to the new firmware...this reset prob was PRE-upgrade and one reason I decided to give it a go.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by aweber1nj View Post
    I have had virtually no probs with my VZW 650 for a year. Recently, I'm noticing the device resetting/rebooting itself for no apparent reason. No recent software installs, etc.

    Has anyone seen anything similar or have any troubleshooting tips?

    I know it's a vague request, but I'm not sure "where to go next", you know?

    Thanks in advance,
    AJ


    PS: Some of you may notice my other post that I just upgraded to the new firmware...this reset prob was PRE-upgrade and one reason I decided to give it a go.
    Hi,

    The first thing I would look at is any new or updated software that you may have added recently. I have found that this is usually the culprit when my 650 starts misbehaving.
  3. #3  
    I have had the same problem this past month. The resets were random and several times a day. I called Verizon, and they sent me a replacement phone.
  4. #4  
    Just like a computer, after a while, the treo gets filled with junk, like leftover files, etc. I usually found that after a hard reset and clean install of programs, my Treo worked much better. It is a pain to take the time to do that, but it might help.
  5. #5  
    I have found that my treo is now the most stable it has been in a long time with the latest version of Pref Doctor which now has cache management. I haven't had a spontaneous reset in several weeks now. (v 1.30, http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/AllPrc.php


    (and that's knocking on wood, not preaching!)
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer View Post
    I have found that my treo is now the most stable it has been in a long time with the latest version of Pref Doctor which now has cache management. I haven't had a spontaneous reset in several weeks now. (v 1.30, http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/AllPrc.php


    (and that's knocking on wood, not preaching!)
    Is this cache management necessary on the latest firmware that does its own cache management? I haven't used the dbcache tool since I updated.
  7. #7  
    I got a new treo 650 from Sprint and loaded everything back on to the new one from BackupBuddy and now I get random resets with the new treo 650 when I never did with the old one. I haven't added any new software what is up
  8. #8  
    What does dialing ##377# tell you after a reset?

    Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

    Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  9. #9  
    also - I have a very stable 650 and it only starts acting up when I add/update software. I use Resco BU and do a reset everytime I do a new backup (3 times/wk). This has helped.

    DDMTREO - sometimes, you have to uninstall and re-install software to avoid problems. I had to do that with the latest version of YourCall. Unfortunate, but true.
  10. #10  
    using ##377# it says it was caused by the phone app every time and underneath it says fatal expecption

    I will try reinstalling software.
  11. #11  
    Software is about the only thing I can think of that would cause your problem. Now if they were "Chunk over-locked" errors, I'd tell you to get a new (excuse me, refurbed) 650.

    Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

    Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DDMTREO View Post
    using ##377# it says it was caused by the phone app every time and underneath it says fatal expecption

    I will try reinstalling software.

    What was your prior device? Also a 650, or something else?

    Anyway, a clean install, usually clears up a software corruption issue that could be causing the continual resets.

    CLIFF NOTE REVISION:
    Hot sync to back up.
    Hard reset
    Rename backup folder on PC to backupold
    (Make sure PIM conduits in Hot sync Mgr are set at synchronize and NOT Handeld overwrites DESKTOP -- this would erase all PIM data on the desktop.)
    Hot sync
    PIM data will be back
    Re-install all 3rd party software FRESH, not from a backup.
    Good to go.


    LONG VERSION:
    http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/08/2006 at 11:21 AM.
  13. #13  
    Thanks. My previous phone was a treo 650 thru sprint. The other problem I have been having which occurs at least once a day if not more like this morning it already has happened twice. The screen turns off as it should after my preset 30seconds but I can't wake the phone back up unless I pull the battery out for 30 sec. Is that caused by software too?
  14. #14  
    Install Palm Internals and click the alarms button to see which alarms are set to fire (Resco Explorer allows you to see alarms also). Note the apps and date/times the alarm is supposed to go off and see which if any coincides with the next random reset and that should help figure out what's going on
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  15. #15  
    I ran palminternals and it doesn't match up with the resets or palm not being able to wakeup

Posting Permissions