1.    #1  
    According to this post, which purports to show a CompUSA spec sheet for Treos, the 680 will be free with a plan!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...88&postcount=1

(It also shows that Sprint and Verizon will be selling a version of the 750!)

Is it true? Your guess is as good as mine.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Still dont think it is enough for me to jump to cingular.
    TMOBILE FOR LIFE. (as of today anyway)
    :P
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I kind of doubt it will be free with a plan or the listed price of $399 for an unlocked phone. Comparing to the 750w which is listed as $599 and $399, thats a difference of $200 for the 750w, but the 680p has a difference of $400. I think it would make more sense to give the biggest discount to the business phone because they call more and might use more data == the provider gets their money back. However the business market is less price sensitive than the consumer market, so maybe they cant get people to buy 680 without giving a big discount.
  4.    #4  
    The 680's reason for being is, apparently, to attract the consumer market, so I think selling it as cheaply as possible would be a primary goal. If it is free, it'll put a lot of pressure on Motorola and Verizon to drop the price of the Q, for sure.

BUT: I just discovered that comparison chart is not from CompUSA, it's from Treonauts. Which means the pricing is nothing but speculation. Sorry folks, I got fooled.
    Bob Meyer
    Wait up. The cheapest quadband phone is $200 (slvr l7). Why would the 680 cost as much as the cheapest phone?

And that post said absolutely nothing about 680. I don't even know where to start.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post

And that post said absolutely nothing about 680. I don't even know where to start.
    Ah, that's interesting. The original poster edited his post. Follow the link to the treonauts site. The chart that is on that treonauts page WAS imbedded in the post I linked to. And the chart shows the 680 as "Free."
    Bob Meyer