Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Wasn't it supposed to be released yesterday?
    Yes, it was...who knows what's going on. Many excuses, & no honest details.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    We are working with our technology partners that have pointed out things on Palm that requires some substantial amount of devel to fix. So we have pulled the release till we fix it.
    this is sound like the same excuse they hve been giving symbian customers. its been going out about oh 8 months
    FYI folks, just went to http://coreplayer.com and the Download/Buy link for Palm OS is now working. So I assume its ready to go!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    FYI folks, just went to http://coreplayer.com and the Download/Buy link for Palm OS is now working. So I assume its ready to go!
    So OK who's going first?
    What does it add that the free version does not have?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Ok, I was the guinea pig - and I do mean guinea pig. I buy it, install it, enter my serial number. It tells me incorrect serial number. I click ok. It reboots my phone. Nice. After my phone restarts, I launch it again and it brings up the serial number page with what I had entered last. I can't see anything wrong with my serial number so I click ok again. Phone reboots again. Thinking maybe it's retarded and doesn't handle lower case or perhaps a zero is the letter 'O' I email the serial number to my phone. I copy the first section and switch to the player. I try and use the menu to paste. Oops - not supported. I switch all the lower case letters to capital and click ok. Phone reboots. I switch what I think is a zero to an o. Phone reboots. Finally I delete everything, retype it all in from scratch and it works. I can't see what I typed differently, but oh well... I'll post opinions after I play with it for a little while.
    Known issues about serial # input:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...86&postcount=5
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Ok, I was the guinea pig
    Rich,

Thanks for taking the plunge. I hope things get better.

Kind of strange that there's no free trial avaiable. I think that will hurt sales.

What I really want to know is can I watch a You Tube video without jumping through hoops to make it work?

Al
    Does CorePlayer add media streaming capabilities to Blazer (as plugin helpers)? Or will you have to enter the YouTube URL into CorePlayer?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Does CorePlayer add media streaming capabilities to Blazer (as plugin helpers)? Or will you have to enter the YouTube URL into CorePlayer?
    I believe you have to type it in...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Can someone explain the differences to me? Is there going to be a new free version, or is the existing free version now legacy?

I read on their forums a little, but it didn't exactly clear up my confusion on that. I got the impression that there would be a new free version with less codecs and perhaps no streaming.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    From what I understand there will be a demo/free Coreplayer available a few weeks after the 1.01 release.
    Demo is not the same thing as 'free', if it's severely limited.

None the less, tcpmp has worked the dozen or so times I've used it, so no biggie.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Ya, you would think they would release a product that at least does what their FREE one did..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    I've been trying it out overnight.. I must be missing something, but half the videos I try to play are unsupported. I tried streaming one video over bluetooth (400kbit data stream) and it played about every 10th frame at best.

And no background mode for mp3's still.