1.    #1  
    I'm trying to get bluetooth between a Treo 650 and a Dell XPS M1210 working, but I'm not having a lot of luck.

I've got the devices paired, and I have created a virtual serial port and set hotsync to use "local" and the correct port number. When I sync, the bluetooth icon on the PC turns green (meaning the devices are talking), but hotsync never gets past "Connecting with the desktop using DESKTOPNAME"

I have been similarly unable to establish a bluetooth DUN connection-- again, pairing works, but actually attempting to dial up never succeeds.

Does anyone have any idea what might cause it to just sit and idle on the hotsync attempts?
    Are the ports correctly set? Mine are 4 (local) and 3 (modem) and there are times that #4 becomes #5.

Ben
  3.    #3  
    The bluetooth software bundled with this laptop set up about a dozen ports on its own. After trying them all, I found one that works for hotsyncing-- #6, in my case.

For whatever reason, the bluetooth software automagically sets itself up on #40 when you attempt to set up a DUN connection, though. Fortunately, PDANet works through hotsync-- so although I can't seem to get a pure DUN setup working, I can use PDANet via bluetooth hotsync.

Definitely some rough edges on the bluetooth tools I'm using, but at least I've found a way to do all the things I want to.