1.    #1  
    I was having one or two minor problems with my Treo 650 and the Rogers tech suggested I update my firmware to 1.20. All seemed to work and update as it should....

I've now had this update for about a week and I want to revert back. My Treo now resets itself 4 or 5 times a day and it seems to crash and reset on about every 4th or 5th incoming call.

Can I go back?

Moral #1: The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Moral #2: The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.

Moral #3: If it ain't (completely) broke, don't fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonthron View Post
    I was having one or two minor problems with my Treo 650 and the Rogers tech suggested I update my firmware to 1.20. All seemed to work and update as it should....

I've now had this update for about a week and I want to revert back. My Treo now resets itself 4 or 5 times a day and it seems to crash and reset on about every 4th or 5th incoming call.

Can I go back?

Moral #1: The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Moral #2: The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.

Moral #3: If it ain't (completely) broke, don't fix it.
    I also have the same firmware version on my Rogers Treo 650 and my phone seldom crashes.

I also have a lot of software on it to boot.

Not sure why your's is crashing. Have you made any changes to the programs in ROM yet?
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGS View Post
    I also have the same firmware version on my Rogers Treo 650 and my phone seldom crashes.

I also have a lot of software on it to boot.

Not sure why your's is crashing. Have you made any changes to the programs in ROM yet?
    No, nothing changed in ROM and about the only other app I use on a regular basis is Snappermail.

Most of the problems/crashes seem with the phone side of things too. Is there any way to reset setting or prefs for it to start fresh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonthron View Post
    No, nothing changed in ROM and about the only other app I use on a regular basis is Snappermail.

Most of the problems/crashes seem with the phone side of things too. Is there any way to reset setting or prefs for it to start fresh?
    One thing you could try is to do a Hard Reset and then use it as is and see if it crashes.

After a couple of days install snappermail and see if it's stability changes. Do a search for "Hard Reset" and you find numerous threads describing the process.
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra