Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    its doubtful.. as ive posted on the avic forums for that thread i cant get my plugs to go the way hes stated...

simply put... no treo with the new bluetooth stack will pair with the D3 for telephone... period

until i see screens of a MR 1.10 treo 700p or treo 755p with the avic d3 as a trusted device, paired and pushing a phone book i wont believe anything anyone says b/c i tried EVERYTHING
    I agree. I have been unable to pair these devices, though it seems to get close. For example, when initiating from the Treo, it sees the AVIC-D3, accepts the key ("0000") and puts the AVIC-D3 ("Pioneer BT unit2") into Trusted Devices. It even says that it has established a connection.

But the AVIC-D3 does not really connect. It still says No Connection, and wont allow Registration of the device (because there is no connection). When I try to establish the connection from the AVIC-D3, it finds my Treo and displays my username. But, when I try to connect, it times out and says "Connection Error"

I have tried many times (and I have the 1.10 Palm update for the Treo 700p).
    But, I cant get past this step, and cant seem to get any further information from Palm, Pioneer, etc. The AVIC-D3 works fine with other phones (eg, the iPhone), but may simply be incompatible with the Treo 700p (though I cant explain why some people claim to have succesfully paired the Treo 700p with the AVIC-D3).
    man i feel your pain... thats basically how things would go for me... id get it *partially* connected on the palm side... but the Pioneer would never see it... and when i went back to the palm, the pioneer was no longer a trusted device... it self deleted or removed itself... wierd

im def. grateful i have a buddy at sprint who directed me to a store that had one last 700p with the old firmware on it left... im not planning on a new cell phone for a while now... least till my contract is up... then ill prolly get and iphone if apple can manage to make it stable and at that its still able to be jailbroken
    So if we have a patch 700p, we are out of luck on Pioneer? Any word about JBL? I have the Toyota Highlander Hybrid, without the nav system, but do have an upgraded head unit that MAY be JBL (need to confirm). I would like to eventually add in a hands-free BlueTooth solution, using my Treo 700p...

I'm also planning on using my old 650p with Delorme Street Atlas and the Freedom GPS unit as my navigation solution. And add more music from my iPod. It would be cool if I can get it all tied together neatly, somehow... My wife may object if the dashboard becomes a tangle of wires, etc.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    So if we have a patch 700p, we are out of luck on Pioneer? Any word about JBL? I have the Toyota Highlander Hybrid, without the nav system, but do have an upgraded head unit that MAY be JBL (need to confirm). I would like to eventually add in a hands-free BlueTooth solution, using my Treo 700p...

I'm also planning on using my old 650p with Delorme Street Atlas and the Freedom GPS unit as my navigation solution. And add more music from my iPod. It would be cool if I can get it all tied together neatly, somehow... My wife may object if the dashboard becomes a tangle of wires, etc.
    FWIW, my wife has the 2008 Toyota Highlander (Sport, not-Hybrid), with the up-level stereo with Blue-tooth (I think it's the same unit you're talking about), and it works fine with my 755p. There's also an AUX port for pluggin in iPOD or treo w/headset adapter.
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    i cant provide any more info than what i posted above... thats the EXACT procedure i followed
    Who is your provider, and what OS version do you have? Mine is 1.44 and Bell is the provider. I cannot get this thing to work no matter what I do. I have successfully registered 2 different 650 treos - no problem - but not this one. I had a BB 8830 for a while. It would connect but not automatically so I went to the 700p thinking it would work as well as the 650 - NOT! Very frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by wagadesa View Post
    I have Pioneer AVIC D3 system with BTB200 module. This system works flawlessly with my Treo650. It auto connects and I'm able to play music via Bluetooth using SAG application.

Sam
    FWIW - I just recently upgraded to the Treo 800w (same Pioneer system) and now the only thing that works is A2DP. So I can play music from my phone through the car system - but for the life of me can't get the headset profile to work.....quite frustrating.

I mistakingly thought Bluetooth was governed by a standard, such that if one system worked with another over Bluetooth then any system with a qualified Bluetooth radio would work with that system. This is so not TRUE....
    Visor Phone, Treo 180, Treo 270, Nokia 3650, Treo 650, Treo 680, Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Treo 700wx paired up with a Clarion FB275BTB. $199 USD right now on Crutchfield along with all the installation hardware and instruction included for free. No cd player runs off of 2gb sd cards just like my 700wx so I can take my music right from my phone to my car. Works great and if I'm lazy (and don't mind a little loss in quality) I can just stream it straight from the phone. Just got mine installed last night in my Expedition along with a set of Boston S85's and a Rockford Fosgate Punch sub in the stock subwoofers box.
    My 800w works flawlessly with my AVIC-D3.......even with the Voice Command Update. I can also bluetooth the audio from my SPrint TV so I can hear it on the the car stereo.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12