Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Purchased SanDisk Ultra II from Ebay...However, when I use the "Card Info" icon, it comes up as "SD Panasonic" with 4014.1mb maximum available memory. I put it in my built in HP card reader (worked great and showed right amount of memory. I transferred about 12 albums, already in mp3 format to the card. again, worked great! I then tried to download some podcasts and all but one gave me an error message when I attempted to play it with Ptunes delux. "This file could not be opened. It could be corrupted or it could be restricted to only allow playback on certain devives" The files are listed as mp3. Did not have this problem with former 2 gig card.

BTW - When I first installed the card, I just formated it and did not transfer any data from ld 2 gig card.

Should I reinstall Ptunes delux? anyother ideas????
    I find this train of thought slightly funny...

- You purchased a SanDisk Ultra II SD Memory
    - It turns out to be an SD Panasonic 4 GB Card
    - You want to reinstall pTunes to fix this problem

---
    I suggest you verify the card read/ write speed with some utility that is available free on several Palm websites.

Also, fake cards sometimes do report more space than they actually have. (the expectation is that not everybody fills the disk to capicity right-away, and by the time they do, they are not all that piqued by it). You can try to format the card in Windows to check this.
    There are alot of fake Sony memory stick on ebay. I had one and it ran very slow and die after 2 weeks. But I haven't heard bad SD card yet.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    4gb SD 1.1 cards are unofficial and non-spec. As you can imagine, Pansonic & Sandisk are founders of the SD Consortium and do not produce non-spec media. Therefore, any 4gb SD card that's NOT advertised as SDHC (ie SD 2.0) is a fake. I've seen those Ultra II and blue standard Sandisks in 4gb capacities offered on E-Bay before and figured they were fakes. Some of them are real 4gb no-name cards with fake Sandisk decals on them while others are not even 4gb capacities, as whatever7 hints at.

I'd try to get a refund or file a complaint with E-Bay. They crack down on PS3s and organ selling on E-Bay but seem to let sellers peddle fake memory cards quite often.

For what it's worth, I have a 4gb Patriot regular SD card. Formatting it in my 700P worked but it still had some issues being read by my digital camera (Casio EX-Z850). I then formatted it in my camera (which officially supports SDHC) and it works in the Treo w/ no problems. It works in 1 of my 3 PCs card readers (doesn't work in my Acer Core Duo internal reader but works in an Adaptec internal card reader in my work PC). It doesn't work in a new Linkskey reader in my home PC. My canon Pixma photo printer handles the 4gb card just fine but cannot write to cards (just read 'em).

As always, proceed with caution when you're on the bleeding edge of technology. I may go back to using 2x2gb SD cards until the 4gb situation shakes itself out and more hardware is compatible.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thanks for everyone's help. I went back to Ebay and discovered that the Seller has no pending items. It looks like he sold a lot of memery cards and then stopped. Smells like I've been had!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    BTW I took a couple of photos with my 700 and they were saved on the card, just fine.