Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Palm- why the hell do you do this to me? I've been a loyal user since `98! My 600 has officially died, and I've had to revert back to my 270. I want the damned 680, I want it NOW, and If they're $250 or under, unlocked, I'll buy 2! At least let us know when they'll be available so I can decide how long I'll stay with the 270, or just buy something on ebay Please, Palm, save me from the pits of despair!!!
    You're asking the devil for ice-water. You'll find out when the 680 is available the day its available. That's been Palm's MO for years, and there is no reason to think it will change now. But thanks to the leaks, it will almost certainly be released within the next 3 weeks.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDs10e View Post
    You're asking the devil for ice-water. .

I like that- can I use it? I know I probably expect to much, but looking at my beloved, dead 600, and having to use my old 270 is making me mental. I wish they'd stop playing games
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDs10e View Post
    You're asking the devil for ice-water. You'll find out when the 680 is available the day its available. That's been Palm's MO for years, and there is no reason to think it will change now. But thanks to the leaks, it will almost certainly be released within the next 3 weeks.
    I think you're barking up the wrong tree. Cingular will decide when to release it, not Palm. And if Palm announced the date before Cingular was ready, they'd have one pissed off customer.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Makes sense to me. I want to have one too. But, i think someone else is pullin the strings.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbd517 View Post
    Palm- why the hell do you do this to me? I've been a loyal user since `98! My 600 has officially died, and I've had to revert back to my 270. I want the damned 680, I want it NOW, and If they're $250 or under, unlocked, I'll buy 2! At least let us know when they'll be available so I can decide how long I'll stay with the 270, or just buy something on ebay Please, Palm, save me from the pits of despair!!!
    Might want to join the Palm bashing thread by Bob-C, cast your vote for the cause..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I think you're barking up the wrong tree. Cingular will decide when to release it, not Palm. And if Palm announced the date before Cingular was ready, they'd have one pissed off customer.
    They could give some info about the unlocked versions...
    Last edited by Blackhawk5; 10/26/2006 at 01:14 PM.
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

I'm sure Cingular's contract precludes Palm from making any announcements prior to the official launch. That's the way these things work. The phone company doesn't want Palm stealing their thunder.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Wilsonb, I'm not bashing Palm. I'm frustrated with their customer relations re: "leaks", no real info, etc. I love palm os, and to me, it's worth the frustration with the company. I just want some answers
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    heya brother,

I'm there with ya.. about Palm. Was just an FYI, that they are trying to do something about it and might consider joining in.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Wilsonb, are you referring to the "palm needs to be taken out to pasture and shot" thread? If not, could you point me in the right direction- I don't see anything else that applies. I hate myself for even considering other pda-phones, but I'm a desperate woman. I don't want winmo (trying to migrate to linux), and I don't know much about symbian. After 8 years, I'm just too comfortable with Palm OS. It does what I want, usually without much fuss (and I'm a HEAVY user- on it all day, everyday for both phone and pda, with tons of extra apps) I need my treo
    Other threads are claiming November 3rd for Cingular release. But no true official announcement. People are claiming that they saw Cingular memos.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    maybe since Cingular and Palm are monitoring all of our posts about when we think the release date is set for, they'll keep pushing it back.

Memo: Release set for September!
    Memo:release moved October!
    Memo: release was postponed to mid-october
    Memo: release scheduled probably at the end of October!
    Memo:release is DEFINATELY november 3, the memo says!
    Whatever they're doing, they can't keep fooling around for too long. People will resent them for holding off and get something else. November would be good for the 680 to be released since it will be 2 years since a GSM Palm OS Treo.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I happend upon a Cingular test engineer riding a golf cart in the middle of the woods (that's a story for another time). Anyhow, in his hot little hands was a test version of the 680 which he said would be out before Christmas. What was more interesting is that he also had another phone which I beleve he called a treo 850 which is a Windows device. Unlike the wimpy 680, the windows version used Cingulars newer high speed 3G data network, better camera, more memory and some other goodies that he rattled off too quickly while I was lovingly fondling the phone. He said that the 850 would also be out before the end of the year.

I have a 650 now so the 680 looks like much to do about nutt'n. I think it may be time to move to the windows mobile platform and give up on Palm OS.
    The Windows Treo was the 750. I hope he's correct about an end of year release!

So the 680 & 750 will be out before Xmas.
    What was the guy doing in the woods on a golf cart?
    Just call me Berd.
    You really wanna go there?

I'll wait till Christmas. Patience is virtue
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    "Before CHRISTMAS"?! (For the 680).

I sure hope this isn't the case, and we'll see the 680 hit (at least Cingular) in the early November (Nov 3?) timeframe.

No idea why Palm would announce the 680 and wait on releasing it..it only frustrates people who want to upgrade "now" and freezes others who were in the process of purchasing a 650, etc.

I desperately want to upgrade from my Samsung i500..come on, Palm..get with it already!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast