Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Betta View Post
    I happend upon a Cingular test engineer riding a golf cart in the middle of the woods (that's a story for another time). Anyhow, in his hot little hands was a test version of the 680 which he said would be out before Christmas. What was more interesting is that he also had another phone which I beleve he called a treo 850 which is a Windows device. Unlike the wimpy 680, the windows version used Cingulars newer high speed 3G data network, better camera, more memory and some other goodies that he rattled off too quickly while I was lovingly fondling the phone. He said that the 850 would also be out before the end of the year.

I have a 650 now so the 680 looks like much to do about nutt'n. I think it may be time to move to the windows mobile platform and give up on Palm OS.
    Interesting first post. Are you sure it wasn't a 750 he had in his hands? I'm also a bit sceptical about 'before Christmas' rather than early November for the 680. It seems to be counter to all the other rumours people have been hearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBear View Post
    I desperately want to upgrade from my Samsung i500..come on, Palm..get with it already!
    My wife has the I500 - She loves that thing! I keep telling her that she should upgrade. About 1 year ago, her I500 got run over by a truck (another story) and she was scouring ebay and the Internet to find a replacement because Sprint no longer offered it.

Palm lovers are fanatical!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    My wife has the I500 - She loves that thing! I keep telling her that she should upgrade. About 1 year ago, her I500 got run over by a truck (another story) and she was scouring ebay and the Internet to find a replacement because Sprint no longer offered it.

Palm lovers are fanatical!
    You sure can't beat the i500's form factor. Runs PalmOS and is a nice, compact flip phone.

BUT - the screen size is way limited, and you need to use Grafiti - which I've never been able to get quick at.

Having a QWERTY keyboard and a bigger screen on the 680 could be "the" killer package for my use. (Although I'm not crazy about the "candybar" form factor vs. the flip).

Now, if Palm (or anyone else) could figure out a nice, compact device with QWERTY and real screen real-estate, they'd sell millions of them IMHO!! But, since it sounds like PalmOS is dying (or has already died) a horrible death, I'm not holding out any hope. And, to run WinANYTHING..ugh.
    I want to hear all the other stories
    (Golf Cart in the woods, and phone ran over by a truck).
    They sound more interesting than all of us complaining about Palm or Cingular.
    Just call me Berd.
    PALM or Sinkular will announce before Christmas. PALM likes to announce at trade shows and other scheduled events. Here are the last 2 events of the year on their schedule (excluding the Sprint develop. conference - an unlikely place to announce a deal with Cingular):

November 8-10 T & L Conference Dallas, TX
    November 10-13 NAR 2006 San Francisco, CA

... So.. I'm going out on a limb here. The details of the 680 will go public between 11/8 and 11/13. You heard it here first
    They already announced it. We're waiting for the actual release.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    They already announced it. We're waiting for the actual release.

... Oh, I stand corrected.. So then you can let me know the release date and the price point, locked vs. unlocked versions available? That's what I'm actually waiting for... hence the "details" part of my post. I guess I'm saying those dates may be likely times for the release, etc. Capiche?
    Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

I have a feeling we'll find that out when they release it, and they won't be making any more announcements. Palm has a bad habit of keeping people guessing too much.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I am guessing it would be out by nov the latest.

It would be very stupid for palm release it later and miss the mass christmas sale...
    Latest word from the Cingular rep says that the rollout is delayed until mid-December.
    Dennis G. Esler
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter075 View Post
    Latest word from the Cingular rep says that the rollout is delayed until mid-December.
    Noooooooooooo!!!! Do you have any additional information besides an inflammatory remark?

If you are going to make a statement like that, you need to back it up with:

Where did you talk to a rep, what EXACTLY did he/she say, and why is it being delayed (or as reasonable a statement as possble). Otherwise, most people will think you are looking to be fllamed for some attention. Please tell us that you just talked to some rep that has NO idea (like most of them) of what is going on!!!

Where are the Cingular insiders that used to lurk and post in this forum? Cmon guys!!! You have to have some idea of what is going on!! Give it up!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter075 View Post
    There seems to be some disagreement here.. I'd rather believe this guy: (talking about the 3G rollout in LA)

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=12

Here's the whole thread:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1030265
    December? Is Palm and/or Cingular counting on people buying a Treo for Christmas?

I don't see any other reason why they need to delay the 680 further than November.

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbd517 View Post
    Wilsonb, are you referring to the "palm needs to be taken out to pasture and shot" thread? If not, could you point me in the right direction- I don't see anything else that applies. I hate myself for even considering other pda-phones, but I'm a desperate woman.
    Hehe.. sorry, Im there with ya... Im feeling like this Palm disappointment is growing fast in the community.. and it should considering. Im not buying their stock

It's like ATARI all over again
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Hehe, wonder if he was wearing those plad streetch golf pants...
    In the woods? No comment..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    I saw the Powerpoint that is floating around with the Treo 680 and the Cingular 8525 in it. The 8525 says 10/29 with the Treo 680 11/5.

The pricing was hard to figure out since some things have rebate and others don't. Looked like 2 year commitment was $250, no commitment $424, and a "best price" which I think is some kind of 2 year with data for $180. Interestingly it said only bluetooth for tethering at launch with USB being added for tethering in a later upgrade (also it had PTT and Microsoft push email as Q1 07 additions).

No idea if this is true or not. The powerpoint DID look like Cingular materials. The 750 was mentioned in a slide with a table of all Palm devices but no other mention of it (meaning it's later I would guess).

My personal opinion is those say free are smoking crack. My original opinion was that it would be priced like the Nokia E62. Sounds like they may be pricing it a little higher.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    If the 680 might come out this weekend or even next week, I'm surprised we haven't seen any ebay sales of the 680 (even if they are scams...lol).
    Brandon
    Here is the text of the email from our corporate Cingular rep:

"I just heard some news today that the 680 launch has been pushed back to
    early December. Check back with me mid Nov for an update.

xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
    Corporate Account Executive
    Corporate Markets Group
    Cingular Wireless"

That's all the info I have.
    Dennis G. Esler
    Looks like the ebay stuff might be starting after all!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOW-YOU-KNOW-TRE...QQcmdZViewItem
    Brandon
    All the speculation and the PPT doc depend on a technical acceptance date of around 10/20. It's possible that the initial date of acceptance has passed without a satisfactory result and Cingular is pushing back the dates.

Sure would be nice to hear that it had passed acceptance.

(Of course my wife would like mid-December as she could then claim it as my Christmas present.)
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast