Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    which bluetooth would you say is the best for treo 700p? best quality and longest range w/o breaking up??
    I've heard very good things about the Sony-Ericcson HBH-300. (I don't have one, but if I were to buy one, this is the model I would probably get).
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    wep-200
    jabra JX10
    How does the WEP200 do in windy environments?
    Whatever you do, don't buy the Motorola H500. I have one and I hate it. (Sound quality sucks unless your phone is less than ~8 inches from the headset, battery life much less than advertised.)
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Isn't there a bunch of these threads already...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Isn't there a bunch of these threads already...
    Exactly, there are a number of threads about this and no clear winner, each devise someone likes while others dislike

Get an idea from searching then buy one from a brick and mortor store so you can return it if you don't like.
    I'm using the Cardo Scala 700 currently. Originally I got the X10 from Jabra but they seem to be having a variety of quality control issues. The first one wouldn't hold a charge, crackled even at short distances, and lost pairing with the Treo Constantly. I sent it back and while the replacement held a charge it still had pairing loss issues. Stranger yet they changed the USB charging connector on the 2nd headset but not the charging stand so the charging stand was unuseable. I returned it as well, found some threads on the Cardo and tried it.

The Cardo has been much better. Its a little heaver than the Jabra and lacks DSP noise reduction but it does have a wind reduction cover that works well and it has a much longer battery life. Crackling is not an issue when the phone is within a few feet now. There are still some pairing losses but they are much better. I'm attributing the paring losses that remain to Palm - I'm sure you'll see various rants on different threads here.
    The WEP200 works extremely well. My only complaint is that I don't find it very comfortable for long periods of use.
    I've only tried two. I returned the Jabra BT350. It felt like it was going to fall off of my ear, and I couldn't hear well with it. Now I'm using the Jabra BT500. No pairing issues, and sounds great most of the time. As far as how it sounds in the wind, let's be real. Phones don't do too well in the wind without covering up the mouth piece, why should we expect more from the headset?
    Last edited by pool_shark; 10/28/2006 at 09:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Motorola HS-850.

See my post in the Bluetooth forum:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=127167
    Palm IIIx -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Verizon Treo 700P -> Verizon Motorola Moto Q 9m
    Jabra JX10 -> Motorola HS-850 -> Aliph Jawbone

Arizona Criminal Attorney |
    Arizona DUI Attorney
    Quote Originally Posted by robbalazs View Post
    How does the WEP200 do in windy environments?
    Only use it with your windows rolled up and dont dare walk around with it in windy conditions; no one will understand you.
    ~ ScandaLous ~