Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    We got the Video up. Sorry for the delay - HD Camera + single G4 mac processor == eternity of rendering.

    So - did you learn anything new or interesting from our interview (besides the fact that we are, in fact, gigantic phone-nerds)?
  2. #2  
    YouTube video is nice but I wish you guys put up a smaller 320X320 version for us Treo folks to download and watch directly.

    I follow gaming news that's what people do over at 1up and gamespot. They make a regular version and another mp4 version so people can watch in their PSP.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    YouTube video is nice but I wish you guys put up a smaller 320X320 version for us Treo folks to download and watch directly.

    I follow gaming news that's what people do over at 1up and gamespot. They make a regular version and another mp4 version so people can watch in their PSP.
    Will do. I have a mac mini now and I'll apply that to the task ASAP.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    YouTube video is nice but I wish you guys put up a smaller 320X320 version for us Treo folks to download and watch directly.

    I follow gaming news that's what people do over at 1up and gamespot. They make a regular version and another mp4 version so people can watch in their PSP.
    Been awhile since I messed around with video for Treos. I'm thinking I'll do mp4 at 240x240 with aac audio - kinoma can handle that, yes?
  5. #5  
    No offense but not really. I couldn't really hear the questions only the answers so the interview was less than optimal.

    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    We got the Video up. Sorry for the delay - HD Camera + single G4 mac processor == eternity of rendering.

    So - did you learn anything new or interesting from our interview (besides the fact that we are, in fact, gigantic phone-nerds)?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6. #6  
    I do MP4 at 320x320 with aac audio, preserve original aspect ratio, and 15 fps and Kinoma on a 700p handles that fine (Quicktime Pro, MacBook Pro).

    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Been awhile since I messed around with video for Treos. I'm thinking I'll do mp4 at 240x240 with aac audio - kinoma can handle that, yes?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  7.    #7  
    I was thinking 240x240 for us poor WM folks.

    as for volume, I boosted the questions as much as possible before the static became unbearable. As with the podcast, my computer seems to be the only one where it seems to have enough volume. I think I'm going to find some OS Hack to preamp the volume on my system DOWN all the time. Heh.
  8. #8  
    Probably dvix/xvid/mpeg2 has wider competibility with TCPMP. I really don't care about the resolution but I rather not install kinoma again. Thanks either way.
  9. ion++'s Avatar
    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    as for volume, I boosted the questions as much as possible before the static became unbearable. As with the podcast, my computer seems to be the only one where it seems to have enough volume. I think I'm going to find some OS Hack to preamp the volume on my system DOWN all the time. Heh.
    Why not just get 2 or more microphones, one for each participant.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    Why not just get 2 or more microphones, one for each participant.
    We shall in the future.
  11. #11  
    The product manager from Goodyear told us they don't want to make "me too" tires anymore, so there won't be any round tires from goodyear in the future (rectangle, triangle and rhombus tires will be available from retailers and goodyear.com directly).

    The answer about why no black treo 680 is just funny and makes no sense.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

    Treo 750 hacks thread.
  12. kmorris's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #12  
    Why no question as to when the 680 will be available? I'm going loopy here waiting, along with everyone else.....unlocked GSM for me....but WHEN?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    Why no question as to when the 680 will be available? I'm going loopy here waiting, along with everyone else.....unlocked GSM for me....but WHEN?
    Well, they wouldn't have given us a different answer from what we already know - within a month. Whether unlocked or locked will be first is anyone's guess.
  14. #14  
    Can you do 240 width in MP4? When I select the options I see a 320 width or a 176 width. How do make it a custom width? Are you using QuickTime Pro or something else?

    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    I was thinking 240x240 for us poor WM folks.

    as for volume, I boosted the questions as much as possible before the static became unbearable. As with the podcast, my computer seems to be the only one where it seems to have enough volume. I think I'm going to find some OS Hack to preamp the volume on my system DOWN all the time. Heh.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  15. #15  
    I was able to hear the questions.

    Who was the guy asking the tuf questions? One of the was about the a better camara vs more memory.

    Personaly, i would rather have the better camara.

    I learned that the unlocked might come out b4 the carrier version, depending on who passes the test first. Btw, not really holding my breath. Also learned that the colors will only be available to ppl who buy from palm.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    Who was the guy asking the tuf questions? One of the was about the a better camara vs more memory.
    that would be Marcus. He's like an attack dog, that guy is.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    The answer about why no black treo 680 is just funny and makes no sense.
    Yeah, I agree. He could have just said we thought these colors would be more fun or we plan to do a black one at a later date but that silly answer he gave was just that, silly
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

  18. #18  
    What do you guys think? Do you think we can rob the new interface and load it on to the 700p or 650? I am with sprint and have the 700p, need evdo, and have a great plan with sprint and probabbly wont see a antenaeless treo for a while but like the new phone interface. Let me know your thoughts.

    Ken
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    The answer about why no black treo 680 is just funny and makes no sense.
    I agree. But I really can't believe their marketing is as silly as that answer implied. I think there is another reason that is he covering up, like exclusivity for a carrier or something.

    G
  20. #20  
    I saw the video. The white look alot nicer than the red in the video. I can't image how beat up the red will look after 1 year.

    WOW the colors will be avaiable as unlocked only. So Cingular will get the sh!tty unpainted color. Sorry Cingular users.
    Last edited by whatever7; 10/24/2006 at 09:59 PM.

Posting Permissions