Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been beaten to death, but I have read all of the threads and cannot seem to find any headset that gets consistent reviews.

I have a 700P. The thing I care about the most is sound quality, both incoming and outgoing. Sound quality has to be good even in a noisy environment like my car or in retail store. (I am realistic enough to know there are limits.) I just want a BT headset that sounds as good as a $25 wired one.

I currently have the JX10, and while I love the form factor, the outgoing sound is lousy when I am anywhere but the quietest environment. I am an attorney and when I call clients, I cannot have them getting annoyed because they can't understand what I am saying.

How is the Jabra BT250v? On the Jabra web site it says it has a unidirectional microphone. (The boom design and unidirectional mic would seem to be a step in the right direction, although the thing is big.)

What about the Sony's? Some of them seem to have a boom mic style to them.

I am considering just dropping the whole BT thing, and sticking with a corded headset. In the past I have used the Plantronics MX150 and my wife has the Jabra EarWave Boom, both of which have good sound quality, but unfortunately have cords.

Here is what I care about in order of importance:

1. Outgoing sound quality, even with background noise present.
    2. Incoming sound quality.
    3. BT reception.
    4. Good construction and reliability.
    5. Form factor: Not looking like Locutus of Borg.

Any suggestions or personal experience would be helpful.
    Palm IIIx -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Verizon Treo 700P -> Verizon Motorola Moto Q 9m
    Jabra JX10 -> Motorola HS-850 -> Aliph Jawbone

Arizona Criminal Attorney |
    Arizona DUI Attorney
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I decided to try the Jabra BT250v. I spent more and bought it at Best Buy due to the 30 day return policy. It had good sound quality incoming and outgoing, but it was uncomfortable and did not look good.

While the design makes for great sound quality, after 15 minutes of wear it started to bother me. I did not like the way the hard plastic rested against the bone behind my ear. This is very subjective; your noggin may work with this device. It is very secure, though, and I was not worried about it accidentally coming off.

The looks were the real deal breaker. At best it looks like a hearing aid. At worst it would be an effective form of birth control. The women in my office were a very enthusiastic thumbs down. I did not even bother to show it to my wife. My vanity got the better of me, and back to Best Buy it went.

When I went to Best Buy, I had an interesting experience. There were two guys in the Bluetooth headset department. One obviously had no idea of what he was talking about; the other was actually knowledgeable. I told them I needed really good outgoing sound quality. The knowledgable one said, "Well, we have a bunch charged up in the cabinet. You can pair them with your phone and try them out." This was exactly what I was looking for!

I tried a number of different models including the Plantronics 640, the Motorola H700 (which would not pair), and a Nokia BH-200. The winner of the outgoing sound quality contest was the Motorola HS-850. The noisy Best Buy turned out to be a good environment for testing. I called my wife on each headset to get her opinion of the sound quality. The HS-850 was the hands down winner.

The particular one I purchased is a revision C. (Look at the last letter of the Syn# under the ear loop.) So far I have been using it for a day and the people I call are very pleased. I have had no problems with it so far. This is a little surprising because there were a lot of negative reviews of this headset online (although there were postive ones too.)

I paid twice as much to purchase at Best Buy then the price I could have gotten online, but being able to try out so many headsets at once, and the liberal 30 day return policy made it worth it.
    Palm IIIx -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Verizon Treo 700P -> Verizon Motorola Moto Q 9m
    Jabra JX10 -> Motorola HS-850 -> Aliph Jawbone

Arizona Criminal Attorney |
    Arizona DUI Attorney