1.    #1  
    **Application designed to record telephone conversation and voice memo on easy and intuitive way.
    When recording telephone conversation both sides are recorded without need to turn on the speakerphone on your Treo.
    CallRec store files directly to the memory card and recording duration is limited only by free space on the card. With adjustable recording sample rate you can make optimal balance between sound quality and file size. Once activated, the program allows you to commence recording before or during any incoming or outgoing call with a single click.
    With the aim of maximizing your recording time, CallRec has been designed for compatibility with SD memory cards, allowing you to record directly to your auxiliary memory. As you know, Treo 700p,Treo 680 and Treo 650 don't have a voice recorder built in. With CallRec, you can record your own notes.
    Need to record a quick note or thoughts? Just press the side button and start recording.
    Furthermore, you can configure CallRec to automatically record all your incoming and/or outgoing calls. Share your recording and send your files by IR, Bluetooth or e-mail.**
    http://www.qmobilsoft.net

NOTE: this is another paid update!!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post

NOTE: this is another paid update!!
    You're becoming redundant:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=32

(and so am I).
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, just saving money I did upgrade, so they win.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    When I checked the automatically record incoming calls, it did *not* record. Call received fine, but no recording. Is this working for others?
    I use Callrec 3.1 and is a very nice recorder. But the question is, Do you need upgrade for 4.0????. I Think the answer is no. No yet, because the I do not see improvements. Version 3.1 is basic the same.
    The company software find money and you can't find money without improvements. This is my two cents.
    I really like this software and have enjoyed the free updates from v. 1.0 to 2.0 to 3.0 to 3.0 which were VERY significant updates.

I went ahead and updated, partly because I like to reward developers who work diligently on improving and updating their software. This is a great developer.

I believe that ther are some significant improvements, the most important of which is the ability to automatically compress the files which DOUBLES the amount of data you can keep in the same amount of SD card space.

Another important improvement is the ability to change the LED indicator. The orange flashing light is pretty obvious, and the user now has complete control over the led color and flash.

anyway, my 2 cents.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    When I checked the automatically record incoming calls, it did *not* record. Call received fine, but no recording. Is this working for others?
    I had the same problem. Worked around it by checking the box to record out going as well as incoming calls. Uses more space but works like a charm.

The one feature I would really like to see would be for CallRec to access your contact DB and put the name of the caller under the name column on the main screen. If the caller isn't in your DB the number they were calling from would suffice. Looking through 50 or so call records that are only time and date stamped makes it difficult to find the one you want.

I know you can rename the file as the calls come in but thatís not very convenient.
    The compression, LED control and background playback are fantastic! Why not just pay a few bucks more?? It's much cheaper than hundreds bucks spent on horny girls at club....
    Voice recording programs are one area where I've found very poor performance on 700p. I had a 600 and could record at virtually any frequency/quality without problems using MVoice. So I upgrade to a 700 and have found that using any recording quality > 8 khz results in hiccups, and then skips and freezes as you increase the "quality". Same phenomenon with Call Rec. I can't record in anything greater than 8khz. The problem is slightly less with CallRec as it is usually bump/skip free at 8khz where with mVoice it sounds as if I'm playing an old wobbly LP. So does anybody know if this works better on a 700p?
    So does anybody know if this works better on a 700p?
    No skips, hiccups, or freezes for me. Unlike P tunes before the most recent upgrade.
  11.    #11  
    I also agree with driveral, its a clean recording, & clean playback. A+ from me...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by phillydog View Post
    ...have found that using any recording quality > 8 khz results in hiccups, and then skips and freezes as you increase the "quality". Same phenomenon with Call Rec...
    The problem may be a "slow" SD card. This problem is mentioned in the FAQ/ user manual(s). I think there is a utility for measuring the SD read/ write speed for the Treo (SpeedTest???).
    Definitely not my SD card (133x Transcend). I tried new Call Rec and this program is a definite leap in 700p performance. So far, I've had no problem with 16K recording. If things contiue like this I'll drop the 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillydog View Post
    Definitely not my SD card (133x Transcend).
    Only, please don't go by the "133x" designation.
    As you know, Treo 700p,Treo 680 and Treo 650 don't have a voice recorder built in.

680 does.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ Actually, the 700p does.

I use it all the time
    FYI
    In response to an email I sent, Customer support
    Qmobilsoft Team wrote me the following;
    upgrade is free for CallRec customers that have purchased the product on or after September 22th
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but how does CallRec differ from mVoice? I'm using mVoice version 4.5 on my Sprint Treo 700p, which seems to work okay. But I'm always willing to try something better. Thanks, CC.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    New versions of Mvoice (5.0) are terrible on 700p. Horrible hiccuping, skipping and pauses when recording regardless of card speed. Somewhat acceptable at lower qualities but the problem is intolerable at higher sampling frequencies. Rarely a problem on call rec.