1.    #1  
    I was able to set up VersaMail to work with my Gmail just fine. The problem now is that I don't have the space on the Palm to put all my mail (considering I've kept ALL my mail from day one of activating my gmail account, over 3000 emails). I saw the option to only sync from the last 7 days, but it always gives me an error saying that it cant import all those messages because of the setting to get mail from the last 7 days.

Should I get Chatter Mail+, assuming that it will allow me to do this with Gmail? Anyone else having similar experience or know of a solution?
    go into Gmail and change your POP settings to only download mail "from now on." This will help you immensely.
    The fix Tlbradl mentions does work, though if you still want to keep all of your email available (but not necessarily on the device), then take a look at ChatterEmail and get a temporary subscription to an IMAP mail provider such as Everyone.Net or Fastmail - I use both and am just tickled green at the ability to have my mail regardless of where I am.

Ben