1.    #1  
    Just got my first Treo over the wkend and I haven't seen any written limit even though it seems like it may be 2GB. Is there a limit and if so, what is it?

Nothing in the manual that I and waited for >30mins with tech support before giving up.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Some people have had some luck with 4Gig cards
  3.    #3  
    Found this on Palm's site (http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...External2001):

Maximum SD expansion card size for Palm handhelds

LifeDrive: see Knowledge Library article 39823 instead of this article.

Because Secure Digital (SD) and MultiMediaCard (MMC) technology continues to evolve, newer expansion cards may offer different features, such as larger capacity and faster transfer speed, than were available for us to test when we developed our handhelds. Although we couldn't test future expansion cards with older handhelds during development, we expect many newer expansion cards to work with older devices.

The maximum size of expansion card that can be used in your device depends on the model.

Treo 700p, 650, 600
    Tungsten T5
    Zire 72
    LifeDrive*
    and newer devices 2GB We have tested 2GB SDIO, MultiMediaCard and SD expansion cards with these devices and can say that they will work in these devices.

Note: While Palm has tested a wide variety of common expansion cards, we have not tested all brands and cannot guarantee support for all possible cards.

4GB cards? We have not tested 4GB cards and cannot confirm compatibility at this time.
    Here's a link to a thread from the FAQ's....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=114979
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I am running a 4gig on mine and my fathers with no problems yet. But haven't filled it up either. But as shown there are lots of discussions about it. Problem with a 4gig is that if you do fill it up and for some chance data gets corrupted, you just lost 4gig of data. Always a risk.
    I'm running the cheapest 4GB card I could find (PQI). And it works great. Music, Video, etc.

I always keep some new music and (very) new podcasts (video and audio) and some TV (generally some kind of documentaries where the video doesn't matter).

It's great!

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgavenda View Post
    Just got my first Treo over the wkend and I haven't seen any written limit even though it seems like it may be 2GB. Is there a limit and if so, what is it?

Nothing in the manual that I and waited for >30mins with tech support before giving up.

Thanks,
    Dan
    I have a 4GB patriot card. It works like a charm and I just love the fact that I can have loads of music and videos on it.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)