Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was just curious. Its been 4 months since i left my 650. Did callfilter ever get fixed?
    Nope
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Try Lightwav pro the developer actually cares and actively updates his app which has callfilter capabilities...
    What is wrong with it, besides having to go in and out of the program after a hotsync (which I use syncback for)? I use it every day, and it seems to be fine otherwise. I am using the mytreo.net special release, Build: Jan 1 2006 20:46:35.
    No

I just got rid of it (trial version) after some bad freezes during incoming calls.

I suspect the general love for mp3 ringtones among the mobile phone community made the developer focus on the wrong things. (at least for the 650, I understand that it was solid with the 600).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlsheldon View Post
    What is wrong with it, besides having to go in and out of the program after a hotsync (which I use syncback for)? I use it every day, and it seems to be fine otherwise. I am using the mytreo.net special release, Build: Jan 1 2006 20:46:35.
    Use the search function.
    MP3s dont play
    freezes the 650
    calls dont get sent to voicemail
    There are a ton. it is just not stable even on the version you have. I have had that one too.
    I don't use the MP3 part at all, but all the other problems you list, I am not having. I have verichat, snappermail, agendus pro, 2day, 4cast, splash wallet, splashblog, freedom, google maps, KeyGTime, linkstart, ptunes, RBackup, snapcalc5, volumecare, and Voicecall all running just fine also. I also don't get very many resets (maybe once every couple days). I got my Treo 650 off of ebay used in May. I think I must be just lucky or have it set up just right.
  8.    #8  
    . I think I must be just lucky or have it set up just right.
    YEAH for you. You are probaly LUCKY. ALOT
    It made me miss too many calls.
    Just call me Berd.
    ...but all the other problems you list, I am not having.
    You certainly are lucky...

I also don't get very many resets (maybe once every couple days).
    And I'm curious what makes this situation acceptable? I mean, why must we accept a phone crashing?
    It does not make for an acceptable situation; however, the application was not written for the 650. It should be plainly noted that it does not support the 650/700 series. Ben
    My apprehension about leaving my 600 for the 650 was due mainly to CF and Profiles. However, since I don't generally care for MP3's for my ringtones, I'm happy to say that CF and Profiles are working beautifully on my GSM 650. I use it mainly to block SMS and unwanted calls, and it works. It hasn't caused any resets at all. Now if only the developer would continue working on it...
    "ALOT" - hilarious. This program has no support. Constantly locks up or resets the phone. PictureID doesn't work worth a damn. And it's more expensive (and the developer is less responsive) than anything else out there on the market. I do hate tossing software I paid good money for, though (but I did).

Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    YEAH for you. You are probaly LUCKY. ALOT
    Call Filter is the only reason I stuck with the 600 after the 650 came out. I finally gave up the wait and purchased it. The 600 though with Call Filter makes life easy - loved it. Wish the developer would get it going. Ben
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    it's in beta and the beta was last updated 12-05........
    that should answer any questions
    Sprint 700p
    I use call filter with both my 650 and 700 at the moment. The pict id I do not use, but the play mp3 function does work for me on both phones, that was one of the main reasons I paid for it. IT DOES NOT WORK IF I AM ON A CALL and another call comes in, this is on both my phones. It is a bother at times, since I want those people sent to voice mail. But if I am not on a call the send to voicemail feature works well for me on both phones.

There have not been a lot of updates and I am using the beta version for my 700. The about callfilter screen reads
    CallFilter For Treo 600/650
    Version 1.3.2 Beta 1
    MYTREO.NET SPECIAL RELEASE
    Build: Jan 1 2006 20:46:35
    REGISTERED
    Last edited by mortusnox; 11/04/2006 at 10:19 AM.
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    I decided to post my experience just as reference.
    Sprint 650.
    Callfilter version 1.3.1
    My treo.net special release
    build Dec. 20 2005.

Not ONE problem. No resets, missed calls, or anything else negative. I use my phone extensively everyday.

I am wondering if maybe Callfilter conflicts with some software that I do not use.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider View Post
    I decided to post my experience just as reference.
    Sprint 650.
    Callfilter version 1.3.1
    My treo.net special release
    build Dec. 20 2005.

Not ONE problem. No resets, missed calls, or anything else negative. I use my phone extensively everyday.

I am wondering if maybe Callfilter conflicts with some software that I do not use.

Same deal as above. No issues EXCEPT the following :

With Call Filter engaged, it interferes with the normal operation of Softick Audio Gateway and my BT headset. I have tested this very thoroughly and the conclusion I came to is that with my Treo 650, when Call Filter is engaged and SAG enabled to stream music, it prevents the incoming caller ID to be displayed on the Sony's LCD and also no incoming call notification on my Treo. This has been tested with various rules implemented as well as disabled in Call Filter, all with the same result. As soon as I disable Call Filter, call handling works with my headset and Treo as normal. So for now, Call Filter is disabled most of the time.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
  19.    #19  
    I may have to give it a try again. It is no funto get your treo working perfect and the having a app like callfilter reset it to no end. Makes me want to find my visa statment and get my money back from this app. not cool.
    There is this thread over at MTDN:

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,41211.0.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast