Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Try locking it with resco locker to improve stability
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I'm in the same boat. I've pretty much given up on all ring-tone/filter management programs because of reset issues.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    I may have to give it a try again. It is no funto get your treo working perfect and the having a app like callfilter reset it to no end. Makes me want to find my visa statment and get my money back from this app. not cool.
  3.    #23  
    mring works great. no resets.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    There is this thread over at MTDN:

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,41211.0.html
    Thanks for the link. but, it is not a all in one solution. Like what I have had?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    There is this thread over at MTDN:

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,41211.0.html
    This app is very buggy on my Verizon 650...I tested out a couple revisions. The developer went back to the drawing board...
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by jlsheldon View Post
    What is wrong with it, besides having to go in and out of the program after a hotsync (which I use syncback for)?
    Hmmm...never noticed that. But now that I try it...you're right. Man, I thought I finally had a perfect call filter...
    Treo 650 Verizon
    What is wrong with it, besides having to go in and out of the program after a hotsync (which I use syncback for)? I use it every day, and it seems to be fine otherwise. I am using the mytreo.net special release, Build: Jan 1 2006 20:46:35.

Can you point me to syncback?

Nevermind...found it. I also found OnLaunch and AfterSync...both will do this as well.
    Last edited by abe frohman; 11/04/2006 at 08:10 PM.
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by abe frohman View Post
    Can you point me to syncback?

Nevermind...found it. I also found OnLaunch and AfterSync...both will do this as well.
    There is also this solution, in case you use CallFilter AND "Profiles":

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,40262.0.html
    Quote Originally Posted by abe frohman View Post
    This app is very buggy on my Verizon 650...I tested out a couple revisions. The developer went back to the drawing board...
    Yeah, I gave up as well, but it appears to be a project under development, so one can hope that something good will come off it. Current version is 0.92.

I think this whole CallShield/ CallFilter/ Buzz2/ BuzzOff/ SharkMsg/ LudusW does not work reliably on the Treo 650 because of some inherent problem in the phone itself rather than with these utilities. Why else would so many authors have problems?
    What is wrong with it, besides having to go in and out of the program after a hotsync (which I use syncback for)? I use it every day, and it seems to be fine otherwise. I am using the mytreo.net special release, Build: Jan 1 2006 20:46:35.
    I forgot to mention that.
    That is the only "problem" I have had with Callfilter.
    I only Hotsync once maybe twice a week so its no issue for me.
    I've been using CallFilter for months with nary a problem. It is one of my indispensable apps. I hesitate to upgrade to a 700 if there is not a stable version to use. BTW, I'm using the MyTreo.net version.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    I just realized last night that I've been using Shadowmite's Sprint 700p hack to disable the annoying end-of-call duration pop-up. Wonder if that might be causing the resets together with CF. My device has been super-stable, lately, so I'm not sure if I have the courage/endurance to press my luck, right now. Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll load CF back on, seeing as I paid for the damn thing and all.
    Though CallFilter has been last updated last Dec 2005, I still stick with it. It never fail me handling my phone calls, SMS, and auto SMS reply. It's really fast! No slow downs, resets, or problems at all.

I tried to use Lightwav to test if it can replace my badarse CallFilter. Oh yes, it is feature packed, but because it does a lot, it SLOWS DOWN everything. When I received call, the call window appears only after 2 rings. And its the first time I experience reset after I receive a call. After that incident, I ditched LightWav and stick with CallFilter. I just have few apps on my treo, and just less than 100 contacts but cannot handle it right. Lightwav cannot even handle those small databases. Unlike CallFilter, it adopts the Zen of Palm.

2 words only, CallFilter rocksss!!!
    CallFilter always caused my treo to crash and freeze and I missed calls, I did partially work but had to dump it. I need to be able to block sms/calls but my options seems to have been exhausted..DAMN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzupa View Post
    Though CallFilter has been last updated last Dec 2005, I still stick with it. It never fail me handling my phone calls, SMS, and auto SMS reply. It's really fast! No slow downs, resets, or problems at all.

I tried to use Lightwav to test if it can replace my badarse CallFilter. Oh yes, it is feature packed, but because it does a lot, it SLOWS DOWN everything. When I received call, the call window appears only after 2 rings. And its the first time I experience reset after I receive a call. After that incident, I ditched LightWav and stick with CallFilter. I just have few apps on my treo, and just less than 100 contacts but cannot handle it right. Lightwav cannot even handle those small databases. Unlike CallFilter, it adopts the Zen of Palm.

2 words only, CallFilter rocksss!!!
    I've had good results with CallFilter as well (Sprint Treo 700), as long as I can remember to invoke the program after my daily sync.
    Any news on this? I loved this software but it won't work on my 680.
    I wish Rob would also include MMS filtering... IF he ever got around to taking up where he left off.
    It is dead.

Ben
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12