Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Pocket tunes update? They emailed me this last week. But before I install it, is it actually necessary or is this Pocket Tunes way of extracting more money from me by installing this update and then telling me it's a 15 day trial version?

Isn't the version that came with the 700p free or is it going to expire on me?
    Last edited by Expidia; 10/23/2006 at 07:11 AM.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    the version that comes with the Treo is 3.0.9. This version is supposed to help improve the performance to eliminate the skipping issues that are prevalent. There is mixed feedback on this. For the most part, it seems to fix most people's skipping.
    Typically there is no update fee for sub .xx updates. You typically pay to go from 2.x to 3.x but not from 3.0.x to 3.1.x. Are you sure you are due an update fee? I don't recall paying one to go from 3.0.9 to 3.1.x.
    Update to version 3.1.8 and my treo started running faster. Can some one verify that!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMember View Post
    Update to version 3.1.8 and my treo started running faster. Can some one verify that!!!
    I upgraded to 3.1.8 and my treo started to butter my toast for me. Can someone verify that?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    I upgraded to 3.1.8 and my treo started to butter my toast for me. Can someone verify that?!?!
    I hope that's not a euphemism.
    I'm not showing an update. I've got 3.1.7....and after checking for updates, it says none are available.
    Is it true that, because PocketTunes was pre-loaded on the 700p, we will really be left with 2 versions of PocketTunes if we update rather than 1 integrated/upgraded version?
    I had pTunes preloaded via my 700p and all I did was put in my bought pTunes registration number and have it update to 3.18 via pTunes upgrade menu option. No problems here except for "less" skipping. I don't think it puts 2 versions on your phone but I could be wrong.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    Typically there is no update fee for sub .xx updates. You typically pay to go from 2.x to 3.x but not from 3.0.x to 3.1.x. Are you sure you are due an update fee? I don't recall paying one to go from 3.0.9 to 3.1.x.
    I agree
    I received an update email as well. I think the only extra benefit ur paying for are the advance features of ptune deluxe which your allowed to sample for 14 days at which time you system reverts back to basic mode with the update to take care of the buggyness. I doubt that they are gonna charge anyone for a simple update. I've never heard of anyco. doing that.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Technically, yes - you'll have two copies on your device. The copy in ROM and the newer copy in RAM. You'll only 'see' one copy tho, the newer copy in RAM.

Won't hurt anything and it should work just fine.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I'll download the update. Didn't want to do it until I checked here first
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Technically, yes - you'll have two copies on your device. The copy in ROM and the newer copy in RAM. You'll only 'see' one copy tho, the newer copy in RAM.

Won't hurt anything and it should work just fine.
    That's what I thought -- thanks.