1.    #1  
    My treo automatically turns off every 30 seconds when I am reading on it.
    How can I keep it on until I hit the power button to go off or set for a longer period of time?
    I use an application called ReConfig 1.2 (for Palm OS) by Evan Jiang and I set the Treo to turn off after 3 minutes (you can adjust it to any length of time).
    You can set it to as long as 3 minutes by going to Prefs/Power, without any 3rd party tools.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    My pref power is already set to 3 minutes so something else has hijacked it. Maybe the Cingular software takes control?
  5.    #5  
    I will check it out. Thanks.
    I doubt it's Cingular. But something else you've installed? Quite possible. What do you have on your Treo?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    My Treo 650 was set in the prefs. to turn off after 3 minutes, but kept turning off after 30 seconds no matter what I did.
    So, I installed ReConfig and set it for turn off after 3 minutes, and it works well.

If I am working on a document I can set it to turn off after 5 minutes, or any other amount of time that I think I may need.

Something is obviously wrong when the Treo turns off after 30 seconds even if it is set to turn off after 3 minutes in the preferences, however, I don't have the patience or the skill level to find the source of the problem (Palm support was not helpful when I called them)-that's why I loaded ReConfig (plus, it let's me have longer times than just 3 minutes before shut off if needed).