View Poll Results: Would you support the following campaign to get a 700p firmware update?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    410 95.35%
  • No

    20 4.65%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 201
  1. karlz's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #101  
    I'm in I'm in I'm in.

    What is the plan - I'm in the LA area
  2.    #102  
    I just finished up the letter and emailed it to be put up on the front page. I tried to make to the letter as concise as simple which meant limiting it to the main issues.

    I think that putting the letter on the front page of TreoCentral has a better chance of getting to Ed as opposed to getting past his administrative assistant. So I am going to just roll with the front page for a little while and see if we get a response before mailing anything. If we don't, I will then send it via US mail to him has well as executives at Sprint and Verizon Wireless and we can start discussing posting assignments.

    Thanks again for the support!

    Bob-C
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  3. #103  
    Um....have you guys actually tried calling sprint? You guys know that there is an update already in the works, right? A store rep even showed me this on their computer, and another rep who called me with regards to a trouble ticket I opened about the bluetooth headset issue called me and he indicated that there is a firmware update in the works.
  4. wilsonb's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    #104  
    I asked a Level 3 tech at Sprint 1 week ago.
    He was dumb founded..


    This , today , is the first time I heard that.
  5. #105  
    well i hope this firmware is in the works, because as much as i loved every Treo i have ever owned, im ready to throw this crap against a brick wall
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203 View Post
    well i hope this firmware is in the works, because as much as i loved every Treo i have ever owned, im ready to throw this crap against a brick wall
    It is true that the 650 was more usable before they fixed the memory problem. I am stuck with the 700P, just hope that they fix it soon.

    Today I lost my data from my 4 gig Transend card. I will start backing up the card weekly now. Lost most of my pictures that had been taken. Lessons to learn I guess!
  7. #107  
    I would highly encourage you guys to call palm's corporate number (408) 617-7000. Wait for the operater and ask her to connect you to corporate relations/support. She'll say when she transfers you to just hit option 2. Once there, report any and all issues with the 700p that you're having in a calm and professional manner. These people can actually fill out the reports that engineers and software techs read in order to fix the issues.

    The more people who go this route and call this number, the better a chance of getting a firmware update that everyone wants. And once again, I remind you, be calm, courteous, and professional on the phone if you want anything to be done or the rep who answers to help you at all.
  8.    #108  
    Yeah Merlyn, Sprint told me the samething about a firmware fix in the works. That was about 5 months ago. They give you a timetable on that? A lot of people have gone the routes you mention. I suggest you read the whole thread.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  9. #109  
    Palm needs to fix the 700p fast, it's a great device, but there are way too many bugs to ignore.
    Jimmie Geddes
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Yeah Merlyn, Sprint told me the samething about a firmware fix in the works. That was about 5 months ago. They give you a timetable on that? A lot of people have gone the routes you mention. I suggest you read the whole thread.
    Son...I hate to break it to you, but the phone was only released a little over 5 months ago. Your argument would be stronger if you forgo hyperbole. There are far less bugs than in the preproduction one I had the opportunity to get my hands on. What was told to me by the sprint high level tech is that there is a firmware update in the works, however, it doesn't address some bluetooth issues particular to the headset. It would help if everyone who is complaining about palm "forgetting about it's customers" etc would actually call the number and file a ticket. The more complaints that go into the corporate headquarters, the better the result, and the more bugs get fixed.
  11. #111  
    Yea, people need to call both Palm and Sprint to escalate this issue.
    Jimmie Geddes
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Yea, people need to call both Palm and Sprint to escalate this issue.

    Yes, I can't stress this enough. Yeah you can all send just one letter in, but I guarantee you that 50 phone calls to corporate will yield more promising results.
  13. #113  
    Exactly, once you call corporate things start rolling much quicker. I've already called. They said they were working on a fix, but no ETA. Th more people that call the faster this will happen.
    Jimmie Geddes
  14. #114  
    Hey I call ten times a week I'm surprise that they haven't blocked my number or something.

    Five to palm and five to verizon=ten a week. I'm pushing this bad.

    Coming up to a total of three weeks straight.
    Google is my Best Friend


    The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

    http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
  15.    #115  
    Merlyn,
    Jimmie,

    Earlier in this thread, when a debate started to break out between supporters and non-supporters of this campaign, I respectfully asked both sides to limit this thread to the campaign that I have been put so much time and work on. I think it will be clarified when the letter is posted that the major beef is the lack of communication that Palm actively pursues in these matters. Just wait, read the letter and you will understand what I mean. Hopefully Dieter will get to it by end of week.

    I respect your opinions but there are several other threads that have discussed the approach you are starting so I respectfully ask that if you want to continue such an approach to do so on one of those threads. I do not want to get off track on this one.

    If you really believe your approach will work, start a new thread and organize supporters of that idea. Get everyone to post YES in a poll as they contact Palm. Then compile a list of everyone's name, ticket number, and how long they have been outstanding. Then include it in your own letter to Palm's support department.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Merlyn,
    Jimmie,

    Earlier in this thread, when a debate started to break out between supporters and non-supporters of this campaign, I respectfully asked both sides to limit this thread to the campaign that I have been put so much time and work on. I think it will be clarified when the letter is posted that the major beef is the lack of communication that Palm actively pursues in these matters. Just wait, read the letter and you will understand what I mean. Hopefully Dieter will get to it by end of week.

    I respect your opinions but there are several other threads that have discussed the approach you are starting so I respectfully ask that if you want to continue such an approach to do so on one of those threads. I do not want to get off track on this one.

    If you really believe your approach will work, start a new thread and organize supporters of that idea. Get everyone to post YES in a poll as they contact Palm. Then compile a list of everyone's name, ticket number, and how long they have been outstanding. Then include it in your own letter to Palm's support department.
    I hope it works, but all the same, the less hyperbole you use and the more honest and professional you are in the letter, the better the chances that they won't just dismiss it. (i.e. don't just write it like an irritated customer calling up on the phone giving them no slack whatsoever).

    It's not about supporter vs non-supporter. I also believe that a $700 device warrants bluetooth that works as good as at least the $50 phones these days in terms of compatibility.
  17. howiej1's Avatar
    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #117  
    I'm not going to go into my feelings about Palm's llack of ability to support their customers, etc. The last time I had any luck with Sprint though, was when I filed a BBB complaint online. I received a call from Sprint corporate in about 2 weeks. I got # 4-7 of my POS (Not PLAMOS) 650's from Sprint, free service, appologies, and finally a somewhat working 650.

    In regards to the 7000, I do not have the time or energy to wste 2 hours on the phone or in the store. So, I am now in the hunt for a hacker, or someone who works at Palm who can get me the Beta of the ROM patch. I can no longer conduct my business when my treo 700P just shuts down and gets warm in the middle of a call, and then takes 5 minutes to boot. I almost got killed on the Freeway the other day when I had to pull over and reboot while on an important business call.

    Bottom line, if you don't want to find a hacker or alm employee who will provide us with the Beta, then I suggest EVERYONE just start bombarding the BBB regarding PALM. I believe that although Sprint has some issues, these problems are mailnly due to Palm's inept customer support and QA on the Hardware and software level. If 2,000 people write to the BBB , I guarantee you something will happen sooner rather than in 6 months when another Treo comes out.
  18. #118  
    What happened to the letter?
  19. #119  
    any of you super hacks here is a 700p rom download

    http://treo.net.cn/software.htm

    scroll down to 700p header
  20. #120  
    That's probably a fake as there are other fake rom floating around.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer

Posting Permissions