View Poll Results: Would you support the following campaign to get a 700p firmware update?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

410 95.35%
  • No

20 4.65%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Great idea - I'm a 600 user who's been waiting since May for the 700p, but after reading all the posts about the bugs (slowness, blank white screen, etc) I've decided to wait until the 700p firmware update is released and found stable. But it's now nearly 6 months, and no update yet....is Palm even working on it??
    The 600 to 700 jump is a good one. I made it 2 weeks ago and am happy. There are some issues (As you can see) but the phone is better then the 600.
    I am dealing with the issues but to me, a T600 to T700 user, I am okay with things for NOW. I am sure I will get as pissed as the others but that hasn't happend yet.

I hope PALM will step up by the 1st of the year with the needed updates.

Cheers
    There are 2 programs that seem to really cause my Treo (VZW 700P) to slow down and cause occasional issues.

Versamail (actually have to remove).
    Pocket Express (once used and updates are downloaded and program really chruns, unit starts to bog down and Web Browser takes a while to start)

Seems all other programs I have, which are a lot of them, work really well on my treo.

Not sure if the Pocket Express issue is the program, or the Treo's memory management.

Hopefully, now that the 650 (VZW) firmware has been updated and released, they will soon release for the 700P. Would like to see it around Christmas.
    If there is an update coming, it would be sometime in Nov, as Palm has usualyl done software updates after new models have been released and have been out for a while (at least according to my fuzzy memory - I have a 650 and so u know devices mimic their owners in that memory aspect )
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beckkk1 View Post
    Re: the card "disappearing" after reset -- I have Card Export on my 700p and hitting "connect" then "disconnect" always brings the card back online (BTW, the phone does not have to be connected to the computer for this to work).
    Yup, I discovered the same work-around. But I didn't want to have to do that at all, I just wanted it to work!
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Well, I got excited there..... Installed the latest CardExport2.0 and it sees the card and mounts on the PC. But the palm itself outside of app, does not recognize when inserted..(No sound, Zlauncher doesn;'t see it.) It makes sound when ejecting... weird

I used to restore it by removing the battery and holding the reset for 10sec. now that's not doing it..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Quote Originally Posted by quitob1 View Post
    Great idea - I'm a 600 user who's been waiting since May for the 700p, but after reading all the posts about the bugs (slowness, blank white screen, etc) I've decided to wait until the 700p firmware update is released and found stable. But it's now nearly 6 months, and no update yet....is Palm even working on it??
    It is surprising to me at least that there was lots of pre-release information (including pics) available about the Treo 700P but now that it's released absolutely none about any firmware update in the works. Surely someone that reads this forum has some of the same insider information they had before the device was released?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    make it happen

the bt on my 700p is half of what it was on my 650 (sprint)

How can this even be?

I will help in any way I can...
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Good call on waiting to get the 700p.. I think if everyone else from here on did that, We would see an update real quick...

Sorry to say, but I would never recommend a 700p to a novice that doesn't know how to hack their phone.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    Good call on waiting to get the 700p.. I think if everyone else from here on did that, We would see an update real quick...

Sorry to say, but I would never recommend a 700p to a novice that doesn't know how to hack their phone.
    No kidding - I am a sub-var with sprint - (in other words, my company resells sprint phones - mostly treos - but I don't have any contact with sprint directly - goes through a 'master dealer.') - and all my customers were anxious to get their hands on the 700p... I had to beg them to hold off.... I can just hear one of my customers yelling at me if he had bought this POS... I miss my 650...
    i've had a 600 for almost 3 years and finally broke down for the 700p (though i've been hoping for a more radical redesign.. maybe the 750p someday).

anyway, my biggest frustration is the sluggishness when moving between apps. just hitting the "phone button" it seems to take 2-3 seconds before i see the keyguard pop up so i can unlock it. trying to hang up, trying to turn the screen off after a call, all of these things feel like they take *much* longer than they should (or did on my 600 for that matter).

that said, i dig the evdo speeds and haven't had too many of the issues that some of you other folks have had. bluetooth has indeed been flaky but i don't have a headset yet so that hasn't been a big deal for me really.

anyone have any tips at all for speeding up the response time/lag? it's my guess that it's tied too tightly to the phone itself to be "fixable" with a tip or hack but i have to at least ask.. i don't really have many third party apps on the phone (at least none that i use very regularly). bluetooth is off, i access the evdo connection only about once every three days
    I voted "yes" even though I have few real problems with my 700p. I despised my 650 as it was a buggy POS even after firmware upgrades and a replacement. My 700p is totally stable and I'm reasonably happy with it.

I agree that Palm REALLY needs to address the slowness in app switching or startup.

I also despise that the entire OS STOPS when the treo is searching for a signal. This was a problem with the 650 as well and is obviously a software issue.

BT was very finicky with my Acura TL, random drops of the BT connection, but has worked flawlessly with the Acura RL I've had for a month.

All it will take for me to be happy is for Palm to address these issues. They SUCK at customer communication, more so than most companies. Even snobbish Apple is better at communicating with us Mac users.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    In addition, everyone please start a (single) thread on the other Palm websites pointing them to this thread to vote their support. Post something here when you have so we can keep avoid littering other sites with multiple threads about this. I can't do this alone. I need help from you all.

I am now planning that we can include the URL to this thread on the reviews we post to allow consumers to see how many people are dissatisfied.
    I've just posted our link in Palms 'How To' Forums! See this:
    http://forums.palm.com/pe/action/for...ware_que__USCA

Common guys, we need more help in posting the URL to other websites!
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    cool
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I've also just posted our link in Treonaut's 700p Forum! See this:
    http://forum.treonauts.com/treo-700p...re-update.html

PalmInfoCenter is next.....
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I've also just posted our link in Palm InfoCenter's 'Palm Treo Series' Forum! See this:
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/forum/...ic.php?t=31678

It will be interesting to see if these generate more responses...
    Added to FreshAlloy. Quite a few Infiniti M owners upset about BT....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Corporations only listen when forced to...I have documentation of all the nonsence passing for support from Verzion over my history of 650s and 700s. This "top of the line" device is a rip off. The Motorola Q (while not as featured) is stable and Blackberries are stable. Treo's haven't ever been and if you are even mildly interested in customizing or adding applications to your $400-$600 dollar device...good luck and await crashes and such.

I run an IT company and can roll with the Treo out of my own dogged persistence but we NEVER reccomend them to clients.

Let me also mention I own Verizon stock and would still threaten a suit to pull them into line. It's an outrageous consumer fraud perpetrated on us all. Sure, we all jumped in and have to own some of the blame..but now let's fight back!
    Bah!
    Palm m125 > Palm Zire 71 > Tapwave Zodiac 1 > Palm Zire 72 > Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000 + 4gb MicroDrive + Palm Tungsten T|3 (1100mah)
    Palm screen repair guide for Zire 72 and T|C.
    MobiltyBeat
    PalmInfocenter moderator
    Palm Help Forums moderator
    Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000 for sale!
    I'll just hold on to my 700p until the Apple iPhone comes out... then it's bye-bye Treo forever...
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast