View Poll Results: Would you support the following campaign to get a 700p firmware update?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

410 95.35%
  • No

20 4.65%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I mentioned it before but I'll say it again. These are the main issues I'm having with my Sprint Treo 700p
    -Bluetooth keeps failing to connect to any headset.
    -Blazer keeps getting slower and slower when entering. It makes it so bad that I'm using Opera most of the times, but I still prefer Blazer's interface and features.
    -PocketTunes still keeps skipping in the background even after the latest update. Yeah, I know it is better but still it doesn't compare to the way it used to work on the 650
    -The whole system slows down from time to time for no reason and sometimes it slows down because it the network connection is poor.
    -The SD card gets unmounted for no reason after a reset. This is very crappy.
    These are the major ones, but I'm sure there is more.

Al
    Last edited by TreoRock; 10/26/2006 at 02:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ~Bob,

I appreciate what your doing and your efforts. I'm in for the Vote, but when you post links saying; "click here for Firmware update.." it's kind of silly and looks like something you get from spam or an ebay crook.

Just FYI.. I think we all agree that Palm should step up to the plate on this, so theres no need in coaxing fellow Palm users to reading your message.

Something to think about...

Thanks though
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    -The SD card gets unmounted for no reason after a reset. This is very crappy.
    These are the major ones, but I'm sure there is more.
    Al

You mentioned something that Iv'e been dealing with for a while now. Im having a problem with an hack conflict somewhere on the Treo 700p.
    At times after reset, the SD card slot wont detect an insertion of the SD. It will detect an eject... wird.

I posted this somewhere else without luck. Still trying to solve...

One thing though, this happend right before I got the 700p on my Treo 650. So, Im not sure if it's related to what your seeing, but It is app/hack conflict.

What exactly are you seeing?

Thanks... I'm still trying to solve this .. it's VERY fustrating..
    A temp solution is to take out the battery and reset for 10sec.
    but doing this sometimes causes the bluetooth to stop "detecting"
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
  4.    #44  
    First, I realize I have neglected something very important. I have been so focused on the campaign ideas here, that I failed to respond back to all the people who have thanked and supported me. I say you are welcome and I am proud to thank you for supporting this. An idea is only as powerful as the people who support. In this I feel especially fortunate and have no doubt that you will.

Now I want everyone to know that I just spent the last few hours completing a rough first draft. My weekend is pretty busy and worst case it will be ready next week. In addition to registered mail, I also plan to post it here on Treocentral and on Palm's forum. I will post it as a new thread to make it clearly visible to everyone as the letter.

So time is running out to get the word out to other sites and to provide me with names and addresses. Now I gotta get some sleep.

Thx again for your support in this campaign.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    On the other hand, if one is so totally dissatisfied with the Treo 700p, why not sell it on eBay (recent sales between $250 and $350) and get a different handheld?
    Sure, you might take a small loss (probably under $150), but considering that the loss would be the equivalent of a pair of Nikes; a dinner for two with a bottle of wine or the cost attending a pro football game, why agonize?..."life is too short"

Find a unit that meets one's needs and move on.

I voted no

For the record, the only problem I had was the BT issue which is non-existent since I leave it on all the time.
    Its not only the cost of the phone, its the contract, the software purchased, accessories purchased, and time invested in learning the interface/computer software, etc... I still prefer the PALM experience to other systems, but it has some major obvious problems that need adressing by palm and I feel they are not doing this. It is disrespectful on palms part. Not to mention the trade in program, the points program and the OS, they are really treating their customers like a bunch of morons.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    I have just ordered my third replacement Treo700p due to the bluetooth and lag as well as the card disconnect issue. I am 100% on board with this. While many on the boards have proposed other avenues, this makes the most sense. Thanks for following through with it and I will take the time to do my part!!!!!!!
    In the meantime, you can stop ordering replacement phones as the problem is software, not hardware based...
    I moved to the dark side (700p tp wx). The lag bugged the hell out of me on the p and I got a sweet deal on the wx. Thanks a lot Palm
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Thank you Bob-C. I agree that the best way to get a response is to make the media (or bloggers close to the media) aware of this movement.

Palm should do the right thing and give us a response. I realize they can't say "it will be fixed in January" because the the general user would wait until it is fixed before buying. However, I think the fix is already in place and Palm should release it. Jeff Gibson seems to think the lag can be easily fixed by a FW update.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas View Post
    In the meantime, you can stop ordering replacement phones as the problem is software, not hardware based...
    Great, just what I needed to hear. I have spoke with Palm Support and they state that this problem has not been "OFFICIALY RECOGNIZED". How is this possible?

I am so done with Palm. But I am also concerned that if I switch to a different device, I will run into the same issue. I think what Bob-C is doing is truly the only way to rectify the way Palm has treated it's user base.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
  10.    #50  
    Treocentral is offering to take a look at the letter and post it on the front of the page of Treocentral if everything looks okay. Then everyone would be able to sign it. I think this is a great idea and thank Dieter to whom I will be emailing a copy when finished.

This would be in addition to my mailing it to Palm and other industry related executives. I plan on picking up the letter again tonight but just wanted to pass on this exciting news.

Until my next update, keep on spreading the word. The word is all of us.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    awesome, thanks for your work...if an update is released sooner than later it'll have to be because of efforts like these
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    You mentioned something that Iv'e been dealing with for a while now. Im having a problem with an hack conflict somewhere on the Treo 700p.
    At times after reset, the SD card slot wont detect an insertion of the SD. It will detect an eject... wird.
    This happened to me as well and I finally tracked it down to Resco Locker. Just deleting Resco Locker didn't work well for me, though - it sent Launcher X into a reset every time. I rebuilt my 700p with Resco Locker and the SD card is fine.
    It made it to PDA24/7 Great....!!!
    http://www.clieuk.co.uk/forum/showth...?threadid=8325

Now where is Engadget when you need it the most?

Al
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Odd View Post
    This happened to me as well and I finally tracked it down to Resco Locker. Just deleting Resco Locker didn't work well for me, though - it sent Launcher X into a reset every time. I rebuilt my 700p with Resco Locker and the SD card is fine.
    Well, I deleted Resco Locker after reading this, so hopefully it will stop that annoying symptom..

If that was the problem, the Mr. Odd, I am very grateful!!!
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Ya, I thought getting the word out is the best arsenal..
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    count me in too. I read books using ereader.com and it takes up to 30 seconds to turn a page when i'm in the NYC subway -- and the 700p is trying to find a signal.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Well, I'll support the effort but I have little hope it will do any good. Having participated in the efforts against HP for problems with the iPaq and Dell for problems with the Axim and being ignored with no results, I'm skeptical...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Odd View Post
    Are you using UDMH?

RicardoG
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoG View Post
    Are you using UDMH?

RicardoG
    No, should I? I'm not a gamer and the limited posts on this board about UDMH indicate that it has it's own problems with the 700p.
    Re: the card "disappearing" after reset -- I have Card Export on my 700p and hitting "connect" then "disconnect" always brings the card back online (BTW, the phone does not have to be connected to the computer for this to work).
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast