View Poll Results: Would you support the following campaign to get a 700p firmware update?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

410 95.35%
  • No

20 4.65%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
  1.    #181  
    First off, thank you Mol for your compliment. Now that I see your Treocentral avatar, I remember who you are and have a great deal of respect for you. From what I remember, you provided a hack that greatly improved life on the Treo 600. Maybe it was actually a firmware update provided a bit early? Regardless, it was appreciated by all here.

As for the rest....

Guys, guys guys... Sheesh. I shutdown arguments like this early on because they are only counterproductive to the thread. But it does allow me to suggest consideration for some thoughts I have on this type of debate.

I concede that some persons may have some configuration of 700p for which it's performance is considered satisfactory. But that doesn't mean all the 700p's functions are working properly.

First example: You have a bluetooth set that always pairs with your 700p without issue. What does that really prove? It only proves that your particular headset has no problem. What about ten other people who don't own your headset model? Persons who had their 650 work perfectly with their headset or integrated car Bluetooth for over a year, upgrade to the 700p and then all of a sudden it no longer pairs or drops calls all the time. Is it fair to tell those ten other people that just because your headset works right, that it must be their fault and not the 700p's? I could see that if you have personally tested every other Bluetooth device on the market with your 700p. But what if you haven't? Do you think it would sound quite condescending and arrogant to those other ten persons?

Second example: You don't experience any significant lag but a corporate manager who routinely expends almost all the device's memory on 50 MB of email does experience it. He had no problem for over a year with the 650 on the same configuration. Can you really say for sure that the lag would not be that much more significant due to the extensive memory use or possible fragmentation? Is it really an impossibilty?

Final example: You love your personal 700p and think that complaining about some lag and Bluetooth issues is just silly and trivial. Someone else is a manager and another an IT consultant whose clients are very upset about the lag and not being able to use their Bluetooth devices on the 700p they recommended. The manager gets fired for the perception he is incompetent and the consultant loses his credibility with his clients and ultimately his business with them. They both are no longer employed and now have to get a new job while at the same time stuggling to support their family..... Do they deserve to be ridiculed and dismissed by you because you are happy with your 700p? Do their complaints to get these issues fixed, or to at least get some dialog from Palm about fixing them, now seem silly and trivial?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    pool_shark...

I did read YOUR words, I even included YOUR quote in my post.

YOUR question, for which you asked for an answer (perhaps not the answer you wanted) is broad based.

You asked why ( I'm paraphrasing) the members of My Treo .net are so against Palm fixing problems with their Treos.

Perhaps YOU should read what YOU wrote. YOUR Question implies EVERYONE (all who own a 700p) has problems with their devises. I answered YOUR question to indicate not EVERYONE has problems, or have the same problems as others.

You asked the question, what do you want for an answer?

Don't tell me what I implied, that is they way you interpreted what I wrote.
    Did I say all members of mtdn? No I did not.
    If you were actually paying attention I even linked to a particular thread that I was referring to where just about every member who posted in that thread had something negative to say about the attempt to get palm to fix the problems.

My question was rhetorical, I just wanted the forums members here to see how the members there were reacting, but I guess you misinterpreted that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Hmm...this is what you wrote:

Can someone please explain to me why the members at mytreo.net are so against trying to get palm to fix the problems with their devices?

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,42837.0.html
    "...the members at mytreo.net..."

Like treotraveler, I was interpreting that as ALL mytreo.net members. If you didn't mean that, I'd have expected you to have written "...some members at mytreo.net...". No?

Aren't you the same guy that was trying to compare this letter to the fight to abolish slavery or fighting for civil and equal rights?
    If you were actually paying attention I even linked to a particular thread that I was referring to where just about every member who posted in that thread had something negative to say about the attempt to get palm to fix the problems.

My question was rhetorical, I just wanted the forums members here to see how the members there were reacting, but I guess you misinterpreted that as well.
    And so it goes.....

The meek shall be stuck with "bad" Treos....

I'm done, no point trying to reason with a self imposed "victim" of the 700p.....

5.    #185  
    I re-emailed the letter Colligan and company with the letter pasted instead of attached last night. This was done at the suggestion that an email with a .pdf file might get filtered out by Palm's gateway. So there was no attachments on this one. I also updated the email addresses suggested above for Becki Fowler and Erin Freeley. I have not gotten any bounces back so I am hopeful they were received.

I also received the email addresses of the two Palm escalation engineers offered above. I sent a message to them asking for help and describing what's been going on here, along with the pasting the letter. I received an automated email back from one of the addresses stating he, the engineer, was out until such and such a date. So we know that one got through for sure. Hopefully we will hear back soon from somebody soon.

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    And so it goes.....

The meek shall be stuck with "bad" Treos....

I'm done, no point trying to reason with a self imposed "victim" of the 700p.....

I am not calling myself a victim, I am merely stating that my treo has issues that I would like palm to address.
    Why is it that people like you feel that is such a terrible thing?
    If you aren't having any issues good for you, but there are many others that are not as lucky. Since you are not having any issues, you do not need to keep coming to the threads related to hoping to get the issues fixed, in other words why don't you just STFU!
    STFU? I only know KFU, can you please explain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol View Post
    STFU? I only know KFU, can you please explain?
    in other words why don't you just STFU!
    Would someone moderate this bickering? No one needs this nonsense from both sides.

You people only detract from the purpose of this thread.
    Kudos For You!
    Uh, I think it's time to STOP sending this letter to every imaginable email address. the powers that be at Palm have seen it.
  11.    #191  
    YES!!! Sounds good. Will stop sending & it will free up a lot of my time.

I had not received the customary standardized, generic, corporate reply of, "Thank you for your letter. We constantly receive feeback from yada, yada, bla, bla... and thanks again for your feedback." So I had NO idea as to whether any of those emails were getting through to anyone. Even if they were to the correct email addresses.

But if you're confirming they have seen it, then that is good enough for me as a confirmation. You just saved me some Xmas cash on overnight, return receipt!
  12.    #192  
    I have a good faith belief that we have made an impression on Palm. What type of an impression that is... well, we shall see.

It would be nice though if we could get just a few more persons to click *Yes* on the poll. I'd like to write, "over 400 persons", instead of "nearly 400persons", when corresponding with Palm.
    Count me in as well Bob-C.

Please keep us all updated...
  14.    #194  
    Thanks for getting the tally up to 400. I have had communication directly with Palm and via third parties. I am expecting Palm to have a reply today. We have gotten their attention.
    count me in too!
    You ROCK Bob!

Truly pleased I will be to see at least some acknowledgement of the fact that we are living, breathing CUSTOMERS!

Be well,

David
    Last edited by dhbuckley; 12/12/2006 at 10:34 AM. Reason: typo, specificity of praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Thanks for getting the tally up to 400. I have had communication directly with Palm and via third parties. I am expecting Palm to have a reply today. We have gotten their attention.
    It may come fairly late today, FYI, and so may not show up on our front page until sometime tomorrow.
  18.    #198  
    They know that we're alive. Now we have to see what they say. I haven't even a hunch myself.
    I have not read the entire thread, but here my 2 cents: my Treo700p is my 6th Treo (180, 270,600,650GSM,650CDMA), and for the first time I feel some problems with the OS, I've been using the phone for 5 weeks only:

1. Memos application. There are some notes that I can't open, the Treo resets after trying to open one of them, and just last weekend the entire "Memos" application was buggy, impossible to open -> an immediate loop reset. I had to do a HARD reset.

2. Blazer. Sometimes it takes a lot of time to open, making a strange noise beep.. beep.. beep... then it opens a page

3. EvDO. When comparing the download speeds of a 700wx vs 700p, same carrier, at the same time windows wins all times, on windows I get something like 450kbps, vs 312kpbs on 700p www.dslreports.com/mspeed

4. Without ringing, sometimes the 700p sends my callers to the voicemail!

5. After talking 30 or 45minutes, my 700p has completly frozen a couple of times. Have to do a reset.

6. The phone suddenly resets without explanation. The only app running in the background is GoodLink.

7. PocketTunes. I can go and try to open a song named A, but it opens song named B, it happened twice.

8. Hardware problems: it is a miracle to do a USB HotSync. The sound/silcence button suffered a lack of painting compared to zero damages on the 650 after 15 moths of usage.

Palm MUST release a ROM update SOON, perhaps they must even replace the back cover that says "ACCESS Powered" and finally they must support Wi-Fi as they promised when they presented the 650 in NYC, more than 2 years ago.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast