Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I will work on the reset issues for this weekend.

Out of curiosity, what files are you guys installing/not-installing?
    I've tried to install all 3 files, 2 out of 3, and even just Universe itself and I still get resets. I've also tried clearing my dbcache, disabling Chatter, clearing more RAM for it, and disabling PXAClocker. Still no luck.
    I tried paypal.com, it doesn't load. I get a error that the "maximum redirects have been used." The user agent with Mozilla is enabled, I've also tried the other browser selected. It doesn't work.
    The one file I did not install was pnoJepgLib. I already had that file on my Treo from another application and it was more up-to-date then the one included with Universe. I haven't had a reset/crash so far (700p).
    Just successfully put Universe on my device. It has crashed many times, and it is very slow. I suggest a more visible font. I have so far only been able to launch it once, now it just restarts every time.
    Back to Blazer :-\. can't do anything on Universe.
    Last edited by andddlay; 03/08/2007 at 05:22 PM.
    No crashes here. it works great
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    Just successfully put Universe on my device. It has crashed many times, and it is very slow. I suggest a more visible font. I have so far only been able to launch it once, now it just restarts every time.
    Back to Blazer :-\. can't do anything on Universe.
    very slow and has crashed 3 times on me. Also, 5 way link and toolbar nav not in. Once, choosing a saved bookmard would not go to the correct site, but would rather stay on the current page. However, I can see myself falling in love with this thing down the road. Kudos on the first run!

duke
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    It is bog slow on my LD, however...it does allow me to download files, something which Blazer never lets me do and Xiino only sporadically.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    i downloaded it, but when i click to open the icon the treo crashes. every time. i have a treo 650 by the way. is this a problem with the 650 or is it just not ready yet?
    I gotta have more cowbell
  9.    #169  
    @vw2002: I think it is a 650 issue.

As with the speed. Yeah, I hate it. I am working on a new HTTP engine (that I could not get ready by last night). So far with tests on Wifi, it is pretty fast.

@smileyboy: Universe does not support SSL yet, so that is why you are being redirected. I am getting this setup for the next RC as well. It has basic RSS capabilities (it does not look for updated feeds though).

I am also looking at a new rendering engine that will display things much better and should be much faster.

For those with crashes, does anything appear on the screen? If so, what?

@duke duke: There is an issue with pressing a button on the bookmark form to cause a link on the web page to be activated (if the link is right below where the button on the bookmark form was). I am still trying to figure this one out. I have a possible idea now (reaches over to write it down).
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    so you've designed universe to work for the 700p and up?

I don't understand how it would work on a 700 but not on the 650. They both run on essentially the same OS.

Could you explain that a little more?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Thanks for the response.
    i have a few more though.
    What about the browser picking up where u left off. Meanign that when i go to another app or take a phone call. I get logged out of treocentral or it takes me back to the wap homepage.
    Oh and what about selecting it as the default web browser?
  13.    #173  
    @vw2002: I have designed the browser to work with PalmOS 5 and up. I am not sure why the Treo 650 does not seem to work. This weekend I am going to take all of the "clues" that I am getting and put them all together. This is why it is crucial that I know what is going on when it crashed or froze (like what was on the screen).

@smileyboy: Yeah, I am going to add that. I'll put it on a sticky note above my desk.At the moment it will probably only be what was in the active tab. I have not determined how I want to store the URLs of all of the tabs (and this can be problematic when you have many tabs open, the browser has to occupy 2048 bytes for each URL).
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Oh and what about selecting it as the default web browser?
    Thanks for reminding me! I meant to add this in. I'll have to throw in the code.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I am not sure why the Treo 650 does not seem to work. This is why it is crucial that I know what is going on when it crashed or froze (like what was on the screen).
    On my 650, after I click on the application icon, the screen always quickly goes blank (white) then immediately resets, heading towards the standard Palm Logo. It doesnt seem to be a severe crash in that it doesnt "invoke" Reset Doctor to save my prefs.

cheers

geoff
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  16.    #176  
    Thanks!!!

I have now isolated the problem.

I will play around with the code this weekend since I now know the 70 or soo lines that might be the culprit.
    sweet, thanks for taken that stuff into consideration. Not sure if it is just my device. But, I need to clear the cache to have pages reload properly.
  18.    #178  
    At the moment, Universe does not know if a page has expired in the cache (I will work this in). If you open the page, and then tap the refresh button, it should force Universe to pull a new copy off of the network.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    On my 650, after I click on the application icon, the screen always quickly goes blank (white) then immediately resets, heading towards the standard Palm Logo.
    Same here.
    ..as your hardwork and dedication to this project is obvious. Also, I hope you did well on your exams...Calculus wasn't my strong point either.

Day One: Only one reset on my 700 and it happened when I attempted to make the current page my homepage. Other than that, there were a few beta quirks but nothing to complain about as you've already told us that there is no SSL support yet.

Day Two: After visiting just one site (wapuniverse.com), and switching from widescreen to smallscreen, anytime I attempt to refresh the page or navigate to another page (google) that is saved in the History, I get a reset.

Error Log:

src/Bitmap V3.c,
    Line: 203, Improper
    bitmap dimensions

Again, excellent work, as it adds new value to the Treo.

**EDIT** Okay, it actually resets now immediately after the app launches and wapuniverse.com tries to redraw.
    Last edited by egn; 03/09/2007 at 08:06 AM.
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast