Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    I'm impatiently waiting.
    Update please.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Yup. I'll be throwing this in right before I release.
    dkirker, are you still accepting beta-testers?
  3.    #83  
    No more beta testers at the moment. I am coming close to the end.

Updates can be found at my blog when they are made. Look a few pages back for the URL.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    may i ask for an update?
  6.    #86  
    I'll try to get an update out soon. I am still getting used to blogging (and more importantly, keeping it updated).

As a quick update: Development has been moving slow, especially since I am working it around school work (ugh, college homework, crazy stuff).
    This is never going to happen, I just know it.
  8.    #88  
    A release? Just because I am silent does not mean noting is happening. A lot is happening.

Right now I am just snagged on a few things, but that will change in the next 72 hours. After that, I plan on really hitting this hard.

Plus, i still need to build a website (but that is second priority, I can always slap up a temp site to hold information, and then add to the site later).

There are a couple of things that I am really excited about working on in the next couple of days. I am sure that you will be excited too.
    I believe many of us will be using Don's browser as the main browser in a few months.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    don, it will b released in february right? i can't wait ^_^
  11.    #91  
    That is what I am trying to shoot for. Basically, Q1 2007.

Right now I am trying to make this thing better, so that I don't deliver on something less than what I promised.

Right now I am trying to make this thing better, so that I don't deliver on something less than what I promised.

Of course, this leaves you until March 31 to deliver.

Actually, if you come through with a superior browser I'll be happy regardless of delivery date.
  13.    #93  
    I prefer sooner rather than later.

i totally agree to this...i really really want a good internet browser, and this seems like what i've been waiting for. i thank you don...even before you release it .
    POS can live on forever if it has active developers like Marc and Dirk (and if Universe becomes as robust for browsing as Chatter is for email).
  16.    #96  
    Who's Dirk?

Anyway, small update. Things are moving along fairly smoothly. While I am hammering out these last bugs, I am going to try a major update on Universe's rendering engine before release. With any luck, this upgrade will be quick and painless and sites will look better and load faster. I won't post it to the public (that way if I miss it by a day people aren't trying to put up a bounty on me, the last thing I want is for you to get the wrong guy ), but i do have a target release date.

-Donald Kirker

Edit: By the way, skfny, you avatar, was it inspired by something from the book Crime and Punishment (I think that is the book I am thinking of...)?
    Last edited by dkirker; 02/06/2007 at 01:48 PM.
    Who's Dirk?

Anyway, small update. Things are moving along fairly smoothly. While I am hammering out these last bugs, I am going to try a major update on Universe's rendering engine before release. With any luck, this upgrade will be quick and painless and sites will look better and load faster. I won't post it to the public (that way if I miss it by a day people aren't trying to put up a bounty on me, the last thing I want is for you to get the wrong guy ), but i do have a target release date.

-Donald Kirker

Edit: By the way, skfny, you avatar, was it inspired by something from the book Crime and Punishment (I think that is the book I am thinking of...)?
    Actually, I stole it from a Mets message board. Can't wait for your new releases.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    i do have a target release date.

-Donald Kirker

OK, I know you don't want to reveal too much too soon, but...I'm using Xiino...it's rendering is terrible without some font adjustment...I'm demoing FontSmoother as a fix...it's trial is up in 2 days...should I buy it?
    All will believe in Him! The question is when!
    any hints on what the target release date is? you know we're all dying to try your browser!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  20.    #100  
    As for FontSmoother, I would recommend buying it either way if you like it. I think it is a great system font replacement. I use it (and I have had no issues with it!).

As for Universe, right now the rendering is equivalent to Xiino. I am working on trying to greatly improve it (more like redo it) before the time that I want to release Universe by. This is a big rewrite, so I am note sure what the results will be.

Right now I am trying to get the new stuff to work (I am porting it over from linux, that might take a while...).

I'll try to keep you guys informed. I am shooting for a release in the last week of February. This depends on how long it takes with the new engine. Hopefully it will be fairly quick.
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast