Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    I tried the download from my treo:

1) Downloaded Universe from the blogsite you just provided.

2) Downloaded the PNGlib dependency that was listed below the universe link.

3) Attempted to open the application by clicking on the icon.

4) Soft reset.
    I ran into the same problem with the screen going blank. Try reversing the order of your downloads: PNGlib first, the Universe.
    I got Universe to install, but I can't enter text into the address bar. Has anyone else got this working on the Centro?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I wish we could just add tabs to Xiino, Webpro, and Blazer. That's the one feature I want more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon View Post
    I wish we could just add tabs to Xiino, Webpro, and Blazer. That's the one feature I want more than anything.
    that would be nice
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  5.    #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    I got Universe to install, but I can't enter text into the address bar. Has anyone else got this working on the Centro?
    You cannot enter text there, yet.

I am actually going to redo many things, including not using HTMLLib (pretty much the same engine that Blazer uses, less a few features).

I have frozen any updated releases so that I can focus on progress rather than releasing milestones. There are still a few other things that I have been considering.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I wasn't aware there were any planned releases.....looking forward to hearing something......getting tired of blazer.....
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I have frozen any updated releases so that I can focus on progress rather than releasing milestones.
    I'm just glad to know you haven't pulled the plug! Thanks for the update.
  8. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    I'm just glad to know you haven't pulled the plug! Thanks for the update.
    ^Same here. I'm content to twiddle thumbs and wait for releases hehe. Just glad someone is still working on a better browser for Garnet !

L8R
    I just found mention of universe on some other site and was glad to see there was something else in development other than Opera and Blazer. I was using blazer on my 755p and it royally sucked. Then I found Opera, and had some gripes about that as well (no auto-complete, can't copy/paste, need to go through a bunch of links before going to a simple google page). I downloaded the alpha gui of universe and it looks pretty good, but when I press reload nothing happens. I really hope you release a working version of it soon! I'm really tired of PalmOS, but don't want to get rid of it until a good phone comes out with android for sprint. I would guess if Universe doesn't come out in the next month or so, you might as well target it towards the centro because it'll be the only garnet phone out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I would guess if Universe doesn't come out in the next month or so, you might as well target it towards the centro because it'll be the only garnet phone out soon.
    He's been really busy, so I would be really surprised if it was released within a month. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed. There might be an old beta release floating around somewhere though........
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    I've been droning around on blazer since the treo 300....

Dear lord, the virgin mary and spiderman himself..... Please for the love of god don't pull the plug on universe.

There will be hordes of people installing it onto their treos once the final version is released, believe me, don.

Sincere thanks for your efforts up to this point. We'll patiently wait for a finalized release of universe sometime in the future. There's no hurry. Just don't give up on it, please.
    I think I saw some mention of the previous beta version, but I'm wondering if it works better than opera mini and if so where do I get it?
  13. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    There will be hordes of people installing it onto their treos once the final version is released, believe me, don.

Sincere thanks for your efforts up to this point. We'll patiently wait for a finalized release of universe sometime in the future. There's no hurry. Just don't give up on it, please.
    ^^ Just in case the developer is still reading this thread, I would like to echo this post! I'll wait patiently with treobk214 .

An alternative to Blazer / Opera Mini is a very welcome addition!
    I have been waiting patiently for years for this browser...I hope to see it live while I still do.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  15.    #475  
    I have pretty much been killed by classes...

I have a winter break coming up soon.

From this point on I am not going to make any promises, but I am still very much interested in the project.
    Last edited by dkirker; 11/19/2008 at 08:40 PM.
    Did you know:

Whats the possibility of releasing the code to community and letting some other dev's work on it? I noticed your first post in this thread was just over 2 years ago. I had to give up the Centro because Blazer sucked so bad and there just isn't a decent solution available for easily viewing websites. I hate scrolling side-to-side.
  17.    #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    Whats the possibility of releasing the code to community and letting some other dev's work on it? I noticed your first post in this thread was just over 2 years ago. I had to give up the Centro because Blazer sucked so bad and there just isn't a decent solution available for easily viewing websites. I hate scrolling side-to-side.
    The code that is of question is WebKit... That code is already available at http://webkit.org/.
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post

From this point on I am not going to make any promises, but I am still very much interested in the project.

Good to hear.

I am also very interested...in a paying kind of way.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Good to hear.

I am also very interested...in a paying kind of way.
    dkirker,

Like OLD_HATCH, count me in also in a paying kind of way.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    what ever happened with this?