Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425 LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 481
  1.    #441  
    Sorry, I have spent the last few days at work. I think of a grand total of 72 hours I have only spent maybe 20 of those at home, asleep. I'm still drained.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  2. #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    Unless I'm looking at the wrong blog or not digging deep enough, I'm not seeing anything yet. I would expect the post to be on the front page though... I hope this release gives Palm users what we've been looking for - and all without loading the JVM.
    ditto on both points; I see Donald has posted, though. To be honest, since he works somewhere on the Left Coast I don't expect to see anything until after he gets a chance to get home. Although I don't have any privileged info, it seems to me that his schedule is rather full.
  3. #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Sorry, I have spent the last few days at work. I think of a grand total of 72 hours I have only spent maybe 20 of those at home, asleep. I'm still drained.
    72 hours? Heck that's nothing.



    Lol. I'm only kidding, Donald. That's a hellish schedule you have there. Take it easy on yourself. You deserve a 2 week trip to Tahiti with nothing but a pina colada and maybe a centro in your hand while decompressing on a white sand beach.

    I've redownloaded universe to my 755 and have been enjoying it a great deal. It's very stable and renders large sites very quickly. Dsl mobile speed tests reported a measurement of 1081 kbit/sec result on one instance while browsing with universe.. Tabbed browsing is very nice and overall performance is excellent.

    I see no reason why palm wouldn't want to merge the strengths of universe with those of blazer, creating a nicely integrated browsing experience.

    I know you are not at liberty to disclose anything on that matter, but I'd be surprised if they didn't snap your browser up, Donald.

    You've done nice work here. Thank you.
  4.    #444  
    http://blog.openmobl.com/2008/08/watch-this-space.html

    Right now PalmInfocenter.com is the only page that will load. You can load it by pressing the reload button.

    Pressing the menu hard key will show/hide the UI.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  5. #445  
    Mark Blanc.... Don Kirker... various Apple people...

    If Palm is hiring all the talented, kewl people, I hope they can make Nova super-cool-fantastically-awesome & revolutionary!!
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  6.    #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    Mark Blanc.... Don Kirker...
    You've got the k and c backwards in Marc's name.

    But thanks for not getting mine wrong.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  7. #447  
    You know what they say...

    It doesn't matter what you call me, just don't call me late for dinner!



    So, it WILL be super-cool-fantastically awesome!??... and Revolutionary!??
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  8. hofs1's Avatar
    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #448  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    http://blog.openmobl.com/2008/08/watch-this-space.html

    Right now PalmInfocenter.com is the only page that will load. You can load it by pressing the reload button.

    Pressing the menu hard key will show/hide the UI.
    um i cant get anything to show up on the alpha version i hit the reload button but nothing happens oh well
    I preferred the old universe gui more this new on uses too much screen real estate imop
    I just wish the old beta didnt have the bad reset problem when it cant find a page. maybe ill try a clean install.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  9. #449  
    Hey, Donald. I tried downloading universe from the links you've most recently provided ( for the pre-alpha) , but it won't open on my treo.

    Are we missing the GIB library or something?

    Anyway, I will go back to the other version, but I would like to demo this latest version you've provided.

    Anything else we might try to enable it open up properly?

    Thanks.
  10.    #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    Hey, Donald. I tried downloading universe from the links you've most recently provided ( for the pre-alpha) , but it won't open on my treo.

    Are we missing the GIB library or something?

    Anyway, I will go back to the other version, but I would like to demo this latest version you've provided.

    Anything else we might try to enable it open up properly?

    Thanks.
    You're gonna need to provide me with the steps that you took to try to open it.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  11. #451  
    I tried the download from my treo:

    1) Downloaded Universe from the blogsite you just provided.

    2) Downloaded the PNGlib dependency that was listed below the universe link.

    3) Attempted to open the application by clicking on the icon.

    4) Soft reset.


    I did have a functioning version of universe on my phone prior to the mobile download of the pre-alpha.
    If the two are not compatible, as in the pre-alpha does not overlap with the other version cleanly, that could be why it wouldn't load?

    Just wagering a guess there.
  12. #452  
    The pre Alpha with the PNGLib file does not work. It loads just fine, but won't do anything else. The device goes white screen when pressing the menu button while in the pre Alpha. Pressing another button pulls it out of white screen.

    Issues are the same on a Sprint 700p and Centro.

  13.    #453  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    The pre Alpha with the PNGLib file does not work. It loads just fine, but won't do anything else. The device goes white screen when pressing the menu button while in the pre Alpha. Pressing another button pulls it out of white screen.

    Issues are the same on a Sprint 700p and Centro.

    Press the reload button.

    The menu button toggles nav mode and fullscreen mode.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  14.    #454  
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    I tried the download from my treo:

    1) Downloaded Universe from the blogsite you just provided.

    2) Downloaded the PNGlib dependency that was listed below the universe link.

    3) Attempted to open the application by clicking on the icon.

    4) Soft reset.


    I did have a functioning version of universe on my phone prior to the mobile download of the pre-alpha.
    If the two are not compatible, as in the pre-alpha does not overlap with the other version cleanly, that could be why it wouldn't load?

    Just wagering a guess there.
    Hmmm. Go into the home screen and delete Universe, then try re-installing.

    Also, which device?
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  15. #455  
    That was the treo 755.
  16. #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Press the reload button.

    The menu button toggles nav mode and fullscreen mode.
    Hi Don

    I've pressed and tapped everything. The pre Alpha does nothing. Can't load a URL into it either.

    It looks different than the beta 3.0 version. I figure some code was mistakenly chopped out of the Alpha.

    I deleted the Alpha from both devices and went back to the beta 3.0 on the 700p. Oh well.....

    It would be interesting to see if anyone actually gets the Alpha to work...

  17.    #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Hi Don

    I've pressed and tapped everything. The pre Alpha does nothing. Can't load a URL into it either.

    It looks different than the beta 3.0 version. I figure some code was mistakenly chopped out of the Alpha.

    I deleted the Alpha from both devices and went back to the beta 3.0 on the 700p. Oh well.....

    It would be interesting to see if anyone actually gets the Alpha to work...

    Right now the UI does not do much. The only way to load a page is by pressing the reload button. I do not have an error dialog setup yet, so errors will appear as if nothing is happening.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  18. #458  
    Is this app stillborn? Or is the developer still working on it?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  19. UserOne
    UserOne's Avatar
    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Is this app stillborn? Or is the developer still working on it?
    ^^ Damn good question!!!
  20. #460  
    I think its in hibernation.

    Or in suspended animation like in science fiction movies.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro

Posting Permissions