Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast
    No, sorry, I did not read 400 posts. My sincere apologies. If you meant his initial post, there is no specific indication that it is unavailable. And his links are down so that didn't help. Kthxbai.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  2.    #402  
    A link to download the old version can be found here:

http://community.openmobl.com/forum/...hp?topic=130.0

Also, does the GIFLib linked from the link above report that it has expired?
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    been gone a while did Universe get fixed? Have I missed much since June 07?
    thanks
    kust went back a page a read a bit. Just got my Treo 680 again........iPhone doesn't have enough to keep my interest.
  5.    #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    kust went back a page a read a bit. Just got my Treo 680 again........iPhone doesn't have enough to keep my interest.
    Well I am hoping to narrow the gap between the Treo and the iPhone a little bit more come around the 1st quarter of next year.
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Nice to see you back to your Treo.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Thanks. I was missing chatteremail, streaming media and just a ton of apps.

Most of all I missed the forums.
    How's everything coming along, dkirker?
  9.    #409  
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    How's everything coming along, dkirker?
    Pretty decently.
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Pretty decently.
    When are you planning on releasing another beta? It feels like its been a year since the last one, and with little to no updates, patience is running low.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  11.    #411  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    When are you planning on releasing another beta? It feels like its been a year since the last one, and with little to no updates, patience is running low.
    I won't know for another month or two.
    Did you know:

Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    given that dkirker hasn't made a cent from us (of yet) I think we can only remain very grateful for what we have received so far - i.e. a glimpse of a far, far better browsing world

there's so many developers here who seem to work more for the love of a challenge than anything else, I admire that spirit immensely

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Thank you, dkirker, for showing that you haven't forgotten about us . I have checked your blog nearly every day ^_^ (I saw your post yesterday, but am only finding time to post here today). It's understandable that school is slowing you down. I'm sure that I can speak for us all: school comes before Universe. Having said that, I still must say that I'm insanely excited for your next release of Universe . I also hope that you're having fun with this neat project! You seem really enthusiastic about it . Thanks again!

~andddlay~
    Anymore news on this?

Screenshots, progress, wishfull thinking of release date?

I just discovered that an RSS feed to Donald's blog is available at:
    http://blog.openmobl.com/atom.xml

If, like me, you are waiting with bated breath for the development of his browser, and you use one or more RSS readers, this is one way to keep track of what he's up to.
  16.    #416  
    Yup, the blog's the best way.

No screen shots yet, but I can tell you, it is an awesome UI. It is very finger friendly (it won't be 320x480 compatible initially, since I have pretty much written my own UI code).

My release date policy still stands. I plan to hold a public beta, so when that comes around you should get an idea of the release.

As for progress, I am stuck on debugging applications with PNO resources larger than 64k. The PalmOS Debugger can't create them, and debugging resources that have been re-assembled in memory from parts seems to be difficult. This is the one thing that I am disappointed with Palm/PalmSource in.
    Did you know:

can't wait for the beta!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    No pressure at all just want to state that another beta would be cool whenever you get around to it.

Of course u could quit school show Palm what you can do and they can hire you today and you could release universe 4.0 and let palm pay u real money for a real palm browser.

oh wait reality check just let us have a beta version for a few weeks then call Palm.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  19.    #419  
    Actually, I will be at Palm for the summer. I won't be talking more about it though, so please do not ask.

As for Universe.....

I am not going to completely abandon it. But... Between school and now wanting a life away from a computer I need to take a break. I have not had such a life in 5 years, and I do not want to fall into the computer programmer stereotype.

As for programming, I have been rather worn out from the last quarter (it was hell). Not to mention, I have been running into issues getting curl to work that have been taking me weeks to figure out.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that I am taking a vacation.

If anything, I plan on finishing up the UI and tying it to the backend that already exists on the more recent Palm devices. I'd hate to ditch the UI that I made.

Of course, this will disappoint some, myself included. But, it is either take a break now, or forever (hmmm.... I did have a kid dream to be a police officer...).

Anyway, I'll still try to do some work on it and post the code that I have for the things that I did.
    Last edited by dkirker; 04/18/2008 at 05:06 PM.
    Did you know:

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I honestly don't feel like this project will ever be completed. Its probably too 'late' as it is in that a new Palm based on a new OS will probably be out by the time this project is complete. If someone is truly passionate about a project it would have been completed quicker than this. If he planned on selling it, its quickly getting to the point where he won't have enough customers left on this platform to do it, if he planned on giving it away then there is no motivation to complete it.

I dunno, I don't get it.. I think he has a potential gold mine in completing this soon, if he plans on selling it. If you don't plan on having it done within the next 6 months I think he is wasting his time and should just scrap it.