Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 481
  1. #321  
    do you think it would be possible to maybe have an option in the preferences to disable the opening splash screen? or an option to choose what your "home page" is? (like if i wanted to use google, or the forum, etc.) this new RC is definately been running better than the last on my 680...keep up the good work!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  2.    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    do you think it would be possible to maybe have an option in the preferences to disable the opening splash screen? or an option to choose what your "home page" is? (like if i wanted to use google, or the forum, etc.) this new RC is definately been running better than the last on my 680...keep up the good work!
    The splash screen will probably go away or be much faster. It is sort of a launch pad for the thing to start at the moment. I'll probably just draw it up for as long as the startup code that executes before the main screen shows is up.

    As for the homepage, go into the connection settings (from the bookmark form select the other tab), select the "-Direct-" connection, tap edit and there is a homepage option there.
  3. drensin's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #323  
    Am I right that at the moment Universe does not automatically disconnect from the Web on exit? I see the disconnect option in the menu, but it might be nice to be able to choose whether it will or won't disconnect on exit ... I, for one, would like it to be automatic.

    Been playing with the browser all evening. Loaded three tabs. No problems. Logged on to treocentral discussions, no problems.

    Wish the stop (x) was more responsive so I don't have to load whole pages I don't want.

    Looking forward to faster everything so I can start loading images.

    Oh: can we/will we be able to download and save to RAM or card?

    Using a Treo 650.
  4. hofs1's Avatar
    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    You must have read my mind GET OUT!!! Sorry, I don't like people playing with my head

    Believe me, JavaScript and CSS are on the map. I am currently working Universe so that it will be able to handle these medias.
    Think that was bad ya shouldve seen me trying to figure out why everyone was saying it crashed the t650's and im like no it dont then the rc1 thing caught my eye and all made sense ( sort of )

    one thing that i think i noticed is that on one of the 267/268 betas the pointer made noises when it moves now its quiet is it me or am i losing it again late at night i like noises.

    imop ssl is far more important than css or java not being able to login into yahoo or inotes or is a big hold back then id like to see how it looks logging into my oracle servers for work **** ssl is needed for all this. keep kicking the universe around cause its going to take off in the palm world!!!
  5.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    Think that was bad ya shouldve seen me trying to figure out why everyone was saying it crashed the t650's and im like no it dont then the rc1 thing caught my eye and all made sense ( sort of )

    one thing that i think i noticed is that on one of the 267/268 betas the pointer made noises when it moves now its quiet is it me or am i losing it again late at night i like noises.

    imop ssl is far more important than css or java not being able to login into yahoo or inotes or is a big hold back then id like to see how it looks logging into my oracle servers for work **** ssl is needed for all this. keep kicking the universe around cause its going to take off in the palm world!!!
    No, your loosing it just kidding.

    I did disable the clicking. I usually have my sound off, but if you are listening to music (say Mozart) and you go to browser the web and practically all you can here is CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK...

    SSL is next on this list.

    @drensin: I have an new HTTP engine (partially working right now) which will make the stop button more responsive than the Brooklyn (or Manhattan) Fire Department (I am assuming that they are pretty responsive).
  6. #326  
    I'm out of town for 5 days starting tomorrow. But a friend of mine said he can loan me a Mac the following weekend if you want me to compile a libbfd that you can use. I should be able to verify compiling the whole shebang under OSX. Just let me know if that would be useful.
  7.    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by kedl View Post
    I'm out of town for 5 days starting tomorrow. But a friend of mine said he can loan me a Mac the following weekend if you want me to compile a libbfd that you can use. I should be able to verify compiling the whole shebang under OSX. Just let me know if that would be useful.
    That would be awesome!

    I'll also play around with it and see what I can do.

    It is a shame that the people that were working on getting prc-tools to work under OS X stopped their efforts.
  8.    #328  
    Ok, it isn't getting as carried away over here, but I'll echo what I put on 1src (http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?p=981314):

    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker
    Regarding table support, css, frame support, etc, etc. I have stated this many many times, please read the previous entries on this thread or the entries on the thread here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=127058 (things regarding RC1 start up at about page 5ish). I am sorry, but it is taking too much time to keep typing out the following:

    -Table support will be including when I complete the new rendering engine
    -Same with CSS support and frame support

    -SSL support and faster HTTP support are coming

    -If you get a crash on a web page, please do the follwoing:
    1. Stick a memory card in your device
    2. Open Universe
    3. Go into the "Advanced" tab in the preferences and enable debugging mode
    4. Exit Universe
    5. Reopen Universe (note, you will start noticing slow downs, this is because I am outputting as much information as possible to the memory card, I am sorry if this is annoying, but I cannot solve the bugs unless you either do this or send me your handheld)
    6. Try to reproduce your issue (in some events debugging mode will stop the issue).
    7. Send me the files from "/Palm/Programs/Universe_3.0/".
    8. Eject the card, relaunch Universe and disable debug mode.

    When you send me the files, **Please Send the following**
    * A VERY detailed bug report including:
    -Browser build number (Menu->Help->Build)
    -Device: (manufacturer, model, RAM)
    -Applications and device info: If possible, please use a program like PalmInfo (or PalmInternals) and send me all of its output
    -All necessary steps needed to reproduce this. Please, do not be vague "It crashes on startup" or "when I click a link" is not helpful enough. I need to be able to reproduce this if possible. So, I will need URLs, websites visited just before the crash and details of what was displayed on the screen or what exactly any error dialog boxes said.

    As a note, the error logs *may* contain sensitive information. The current version should not output sensitive information (the next RC might). If you do not feel comfortable sending me these, then don't, but I will still need a very detailed bug report, otherwise I cannot fix said bug.

    I am not going to go too bug crazy at the moment since I am rewriting major parts of the code, which should eliminate (and possibly create) bugs.

    I will be working on a bug reporting site soon (I can't seem to get Bugzilla to work with my host, so I need to contact the Bugzilla developers).

    Also, as a note, this next week is finals week, so I will not be devoting much time to Universe (sadly, I'd love to stay up until 2am, but when i have to be up at 5am for a 7am final, it just does not work).

    Thanks for your patience and effort,
    Donald
    Last edited by dkirker; 03/14/2007 at 01:35 PM.
  9. #329  
    I love the layout but how the heck do you change the homepage? I cant figure it out at all... And I dont know to me it seems a tad slower than blazer but it makes up for that with better GUI.
  10. #330  
    How to set the homepage was explained by the author about 7 posts before yours. On the same page as your post actually. :-)

    As for the homepage, go into the connection settings (from the bookmark form select the other tab), select the "-Direct-" connection, tap edit and there is a homepage option there.
  11. #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    I love the layout but how the heck do you change the homepage? I cant figure it out at all... And I dont know to me it seems a tad slower than blazer but it makes up for that with better GUI.
    Or...

    Menu
    Options
    Show URL

    duke
  12. #332  
    Hi, Donald---

    I know you're swamped, but just wanted to check in to see whether there's been any progress on audio streaming. I understand if this is not a priotiry -- just checking. In any case, if Universe had this capability (full audio streaming on demand, particularly from NPR and BBC World Service), I will certainly buy when commercially available. My inclination would be to purchase in any case -- but this will cinch the deal. Best/Adam
  13. #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    ...And I dont know to me it seems a tad slower than blazer ....
    And, as has been mentioned a number of times, dkirker is rewriting the rendering engine to speed it up. (last mentioned in Message #314)
  14. #334  
    Adam/rosewreaths:

    Browsers don't do streaming.
    On a PC, there's winamp. On Treo there's Ptunes.
    I would imagine it would just make it, a browser, too big and too much of a burden to do.

    But there is a solution for ya!!!!!
    And it's free!!!

    Mundu radio - heard about it on mytreo.net:
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...?Mundu%20Radio
    Directly: radio.mundo.com

    It works. NPR/BBC available.

    I still prefer Ptunes, though.

    Now back to regularly scheduled program,
    ... enjoying Universe. Looking forward to next release.
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by TBRunner View Post
    Adam/rosewreaths:

    Browsers don't do streaming.
    On a PC, there's winamp. On Treo there's Ptunes.
    I would imagine it would just make it, a browser, too big and too much of a burden to do.

    But there is a solution for ya!!!!!
    And it's free!!!

    Mundu radio - heard about it on mytreo.net:
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...?Mundu%20Radio
    Directly: radio.mundo.com

    It works. NPR/BBC available.

    I still prefer Ptunes, though.

    Now back to regularly scheduled program,
    ... enjoying Universe. Looking forward to next release.
    Yes, but a browser must know how to handle a link or command to call up an app that streams.

    In this case I think that it is a link.

    It is also possible to have a browser "stream" using a plugin.
  16. #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Yes, but a browser must know how to handle a link or command to call up an app that streams.

    In this case I think that it is a link.

    It is also possible to have a browser "stream" using a plugin.
    Thanks, D., for the "correction" This is exactly what I'd like. A plugin that would handle on demand "finite" streams (or downloads) of, let's say, five minute news bulletins (or hour-long talk shows), not whatever the BBC or NPR happens to be streaming at the time (the way Ptunes works with Shoutcast, and, I have a feeling the way Mundoradio works, per the suggestion above). So, I'm hoping you do find the solution, whether it will work with Kinoma (as the folks there suggested it might months ago when they told me that you were developing a browser) or some other way. In any case, your efforts are most appreciated. If you can tell me when and if this happens, all the more appreciated. Best/Adam
  17.    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewreaths View Post
    Thanks, D., for the "correction" This is exactly what I'd like. A plugin that would handle on demand "finite" streams (or downloads) of, let's say, five minute news bulletins (or hour-long talk shows), not whatever the BBC or NPR happens to be streaming at the time (the way Ptunes works with Shoutcast, and, I have a feeling the way Mundoradio works, per the suggestion above). So, I'm hoping you do find the solution, whether it will work with Kinoma (as the folks there suggested it might months ago when they told me that you were developing a browser) or some other way. In any case, your efforts are most appreciated. If you can tell me when and if this happens, all the more appreciated. Best/Adam
    I am not sure when something like you ask might happen. This might be more tailored to a special application since a plugin is more under the control of the web developer.

    Essentially any plugin would stream what it is told.

    Sorry if this wasn't the exact answer that you were looking for.
  18. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #338  
    Is nobody else having stability problems? I loaded up the latest version yesterday and managed to crash it three times in 15 minutes. The first crash happened after I stopped a page from loading and tried to go to another URL without typing the http:// first. The second crash happened after I changed the homepage to a blank page and entered a URL immediately afterward. I'm not sure what I did to cause the 3rd crash but I think it happened after trying to load a thread on TreoCentral. I think I'm going to wait for the version with the faster HTTP engine and try it again. The browser looks wonderful though. Very slick and I love the interface and the widescreen mode.
  19. #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon View Post
    Is nobody else having stability problems? I loaded up the latest version yesterday and managed to crash it three times in 15 minutes. The first crash happened after I stopped a page from loading and tried to go to another URL without typing the http:// first. The second crash happened after I changed the homepage to a blank page and entered a URL immediately afterward. I'm not sure what I did to cause the 3rd crash but I think it happened after trying to load a thread on TreoCentral. I think I'm going to wait for the version with the faster HTTP engine and try it again. The browser looks wonderful though. Very slick and I love the interface and the widescreen mode.

    Yeah, we're getting crashes too. dkirker told us what to do when we get a crash earlier in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker
    -If you get a crash on a web page, please do the follwoing:
    1. Stick a memory card in your device
    2. Open Universe
    3. Go into the "Advanced" tab in the preferences and enable debugging mode
    4. Exit Universe
    5. Reopen Universe (note, you will start noticing slow downs, this is because I am outputting as much information as possible to the memory card, I am sorry if this is annoying, but I cannot solve the bugs unless you either do this or send me your handheld)
    6. Try to reproduce your issue (in some events debugging mode will stop the issue).
    7. Send me the files from "/Palm/Programs/Universe_3.0/".
    8. Eject the card, relaunch Universe and disable debug mode.

    When you send me the files, **Please Send the following**
    * A VERY detailed bug report including:
    -Browser build number (Menu->Help->Build)
    -Device: (manufacturer, model, RAM)
    -Applications and device info: If possible, please use a program like PalmInfo (or PalmInternals) and send me all of its output
    -All necessary steps needed to reproduce this. Please, do not be vague "It crashes on startup" or "when I click a link" is not helpful enough. I need to be able to reproduce this if possible. So, I will need URLs, websites visited just before the crash and details of what was displayed on the screen or what exactly any error dialog boxes said.
    His email address is posted on his blog http://blog.openmobl.com/ But I think the best thing to do would be to wait on the new http engine (like you said), since that will probably be in the finished program.
    Last edited by Musicman247; 03/15/2007 at 01:47 PM.
  20. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    But I think the best thing to do would be to wait on the new http engine, since that will probably be in the finished program.
    Yeah, that's what I said I was going to do.

Posting Permissions