Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied View Post
    This app is working pretty well and has tons of potential; Palm should have thought of/implemented this type of browser a LONG time ago. Finally, being able to toggle between site.

Question: I use an app called Pocket RealEstate wireless; its actually an applet that allows me to access the Garden State Multiple Listing service. However, I get errors when trying to access. The URL is http://prewireless.com Can you take a look if possible. IT would be immensley helpful to realtors like me that would like to keep a few tabs open at once.
    Thanks
    What kind of errors?
    Hmm...I just tried to download a prc file from these forums using Universe, and it would not download. I tried to manually enter the address of the file, and after it downloaded, it asked me if I wanted to save it as a text file into Memos. I tried on Blazer, and the file downloaded immediately and was added to Applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    http://www.wapuniverse.com/downloads..._RC1_test2.prc

Make sure you delete RC1 before you install.
    Ah, deleting and re-installing has fixed mt image scrolling problem and also the dead cursor. RSS still displays raw html though.
    Last edited by Group51; 03/12/2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: sp
  4.    #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by Group51 View Post
    Ah, deleting and re-installing has fixed mt image scrolling problem and also the dead cursor. RSS still displays raw html though.
    At the moment Universe does not support parsing HTML tags in RSS news feeds.
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247
    Hmm...I just tried to download a prc file from these forums using Universe, and it would not download. I tried to manually enter the address of the file, and after it downloaded, it asked me if I wanted to save it as a text file into Memos. I tried on Blazer, and the file downloaded immediately and was added to Applications.
    Universe relies on the server sending the correct content type. The server that hosts the website apparently does not send the correct content type (it sends "text/plain").

I am not sure what Blazer does. Maybe looks at the extension first.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=dkirker;1217982]What kind of errors?[/QUOT

Thanks.

When selecting Universe as the default browser, it attempts to open the app with /prewireless.com; it seems to strip the http://

The error is " Error: Failed to retrieve requested URL"

Then when attempting to retry via the green retry arrow, the url at the top will readdress to http://prewireless.com, however another error box appears saying "Host lookup failed. Try again later."
    There are two small boxes at the bottom; one says "OK", gthe other says "details"-- when selected it reads:

src/Net.c:360
    Host name does not
    exist [4670]

URL:
    http:///prewireless.com

For reference, the third forward slash is not a typo on my part.

When manually entering the correct URL, I receive a dialogue box saying Error: Not enough memory to complete request. Please free up some memory and try again.

Thanks again.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
  7.    #287  
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied View Post

Thanks.

When selecting Universe as the default browser, it attempts to open the app with /prewireless.com; it seems to strip the http://

The error is " Error: Failed to retrieve requested URL"

Then when attempting to retry via the green retry arrow, the url at the top will readdress to http://prewireless.com, however another error box appears saying "Host lookup failed. Try again later."
    There are two small boxes at the bottom; one says "OK", gthe other says "details"-- when selected it reads:

src/Net.c:360
    Host name does not
    exist [4670]

URL:
    http:///prewireless.com

For reference, the third forward slash is not a typo on my part.

When manually entering the correct URL, I receive a dialogue box saying Error: Not enough memory to complete request. Please free up some memory and try again.

Thanks again.
    I have been having something similar happen.

I'll have to dig through the code and see what causes it.
    Last edited by dkirker; 03/13/2007 at 11:05 AM.
  8.    #288  
    I posted a small update: http://www.wapuniverse.com/
    Thanks for removing the countdown

Seems more stable - can have 3 tabs loaded with websites with lots of stuff.

Nice that 'stop' functions - I often stop a page downloading after text and before graphics are done, since only interested in reading the story.

I really appreciate the progress and effort, thanks.
    can't wait to try it! 5 hour test today at school :-(
    Wow! I never realized how much I hated that countdown until right now when I opened the updated Universe! This is an awesome program!
    Small things:

1. On my Treo 650 at least, the one handed menu seems to think I have clicked the center button twice in a row. If I select Options -> Go to URL using the center button, then I immediately get the Error: No URL dialog. If I select Options -> Browser Settings then I see the settings flash by and then I am back in the browser. Using the touch screen to select something from the options menu works fine.

2. I seem to be getting a lot of errors trying to open pages linked via hrefs. Things work fine for a while and then clicking on a link (using the 5 way nav) randomly gives an error (Error: Failed to retrieve requested URL). If I try the same type link a few times it will usually eventually work. (I am currently noticing this on my MythWeb pages that are used to schedule TV recordings).

3. The W/S page up/down keys don't quite work if a page isn't completely loaded yet. They seem to move the thumb around in the scroll bar, but the page doesn't update.

Still works pretty well overall.

What is your short-medium term plan for features/bugs? Do you want people to start making changes and sending you diffs/etc? If so, what is your development environment? I work on Linux as much as possible (I can vmware into Windows when I have to) and have the basic Palm development working in both Linux and Windows but I haven't done any huge Palm programs.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Maybe I am doing something wrong but...

I have 4 bookmarks filed under News category. One is www.foxnewsmobile.com and another is wap.oa.yahoo.com

I tried loading foxnews. Then I tried loading the yahoo news. No matter what I do, when I select yahoo news, it reloads foxnews. I switch categories to search and select google and it loads fine.

Also, cnn.com has a mobile version with address of m.cnn.com but it won't let me load (can't load on laptop either) - anyone know if that is a subscription site even though cnn says it is free?

** EDIT **
    Weird, now it is working fine (except for the m.cnn.com part).
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    can't wait to try it! 5 hour test today at school :-(
    That sucks.

I'll respond to the other posts at lunch.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Great product!,
    I will throw my little nit into the hopper, on my ancient Treo 600.
    1. If I have a page up.
    2. I then lose signal.
    3. I then click on a link.
    4. The error message comes up.
    5. If the OK button is located over a link.
    6. Clicking OK then seems to start a request to the link
    underneath the OK button. This puts me into a loop of forever
    clicking OK.

Thanks
    I am looking forward to when you will have this completed!
    The "double" click may be related to the problem I see on my 650.
    Does it work right if you use the touchscreen instead of the 5 way pad?
  17.    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by swsparky View Post
    Great product!,
    I will throw my little nit into the hopper, on my ancient Treo 600.
    1. If I have a page up.
    2. I then lose signal.
    3. I then click on a link.
    4. The error message comes up.
    5. If the OK button is located over a link.
    6. Clicking OK then seems to start a request to the link
    underneath the OK button. This puts me into a loop of forever
    clicking OK.

Thanks
    I am looking forward to when you will have this completed!
    This bug is known. It has to do with the way that the PalmOS seems to be sending pen taps.
  18.    #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    Maybe I am doing something wrong but...

I have 4 bookmarks filed under News category. One is www.foxnewsmobile.com and another is wap.oa.yahoo.com

I tried loading foxnews. Then I tried loading the yahoo news. No matter what I do, when I select yahoo news, it reloads foxnews. I switch categories to search and select google and it loads fine.

Also, cnn.com has a mobile version with address of m.cnn.com but it won't let me load (can't load on laptop either) - anyone know if that is a subscription site even though cnn says it is free?

** EDIT **
    Weird, now it is working fine (except for the m.cnn.com part).
    It may depend on which User Agent is set. You may have to change to the Nokia 6600 user agent for the mobile site. Although, I think that I have accessed it before using the default agent.
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by kedl View Post
    Small things:

1. On my Treo 650 at least, the one handed menu seems to think I have clicked the center button twice in a row. If I select Options -> Go to URL using the center button, then I immediately get the Error: No URL dialog. If I select Options -> Browser Settings then I see the settings flash by and then I am back in the browser. Using the touch screen to select something from the options menu works fine.

2. I seem to be getting a lot of errors trying to open pages linked via hrefs. Things work fine for a while and then clicking on a link (using the 5 way nav) randomly gives an error (Error: Failed to retrieve requested URL). If I try the same type link a few times it will usually eventually work. (I am currently noticing this on my MythWeb pages that are used to schedule TV recordings).

3. The W/S page up/down keys don't quite work if a page isn't completely loaded yet. They seem to move the thumb around in the scroll bar, but the page doesn't update.

Still works pretty well overall.

What is your short-medium term plan for features/bugs? Do you want people to start making changes and sending you diffs/etc? If so, what is your development environment? I work on Linux as much as possible (I can vmware into Windows when I have to) and have the basic Palm development working in both Linux and Windows but I haven't done any huge Palm programs.
    It seems that the PalmOS loves to send weird double events, or I am just not handling them properly (I am almost certain that I am handling them properly).

I am re-writing the HTTP engine so those "Unable to open URL" like errors should be going away, and pages should load faster.

Right now for bugs I am only taking care of things that are fatal (for instance the bug that crashed the Treo 650 was my memory "manager" trying to access a feature with a random or null value before that value had been created (look in WAPUniverse.c where g = (GlobalsType*)Mallc(...) and look at MemMgrChunkNew in MemMgr.c, before I was not checking the results of FtrGet so g was most certainly non-existant on the fist MemMgrChunkNew call, resulting in an error and potential memory corruption).

I am not taking care of smaller bugs at the moment because I am redoing the HTTP engine (which should take care of many bugs) and this is requiring large internal changes. I don't want to fix something and turn around and have it be broken the next day if I can help it.

If you want to help out, feel free. I have not developed a method of receiving many updates, but I intend on setting up a CVS repository somewhere. Diffs are fine.

I use cygwin under windows because at the moment Universe requires multilink to compile. I am trying to get multilink to build under the MacOS X (and it should also build under linux) so that I don't have to boot into Windows to compile. So far I have been unsuccessful in getting multilink to compile under MacOS X.
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Wow! I never realized how much I hated that countdown until right now when I opened the updated Universe! This is an awesome program!
    It was just for debug purposes. I didn't want to have a few different builds and try to redirect people to the proper one. I just left the countdown in all of them so if you found a crash on startup you could tell me the number and I could find it.