Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPropre View Post
    Hi everyone,

Works well on the Tapwave Zodiac now!

First bug: The mouse icon is messy in lanscape mode

Keep this amazing work
    Could you possible get a screen shot?

I have an idea on what is going on, but I am not 100% sure.
    Do you think it would be possible to add a "forward" button to the "one handed" menus? I like how there is the option and back buttons, but sometimes i'll go back to look a something and then prefer that there was a forward button right below it. otherwise i dont have to reload it again. its just a thought...great job so far!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I am not sure what caused the accidental click. Center button might have been accidentally pressed, or you accidentally tapped the screen? (Or your TX got confused by DST and thought it was April 1st )
    I don't think so. But I just tried again and now the cursor won't move at all with the D-pad. All it will do is click.

This is either two things. The first is that there is just a lot of whitespace. The second (and this will be clear if the pointer is changing to a hand over suspected links) is a bug that is stumping me. Pages will stop drawing when you have scrolled past 15 * 1024 pixels.

Can you go to a site that does that, scroll to where the page stops displaying and tell my the numbers on the Page Globals menu item (menu -> Debug -> Page Globals)?
    Tab #1 (o3, max3)
    DrawWidth: 306
    DrawHeight: 6928
    ScrollX: 0
    ScrollY: 72
    x: 306
    y: 6916

This from the Ars technica RSS feed. I re-loaded the page and clicked down on the d-pad once. Result was, well, nothing with the cursor turned on! With it off, I could see the bottom of the image, and big white space and two lines of raw html at the bottom.

What is the file format and the filename that it displays?
    You have downloaded the file: 0,, 1,00.xml,
    Type: text/xml.
    Would you like to save it?

Works fine in Safari.

It seems like the Palm OS is passing the pen down/up events to the bookmark for *AND* the browser form. I am going to have to sit and watch all pen clicks to make sure that this does not happen, sadly.
    Just now it worked fine. Maybe it was a fluke.

Thanks. Also, HTML is not supported in RSS, yet.
    I took a picture.
    Well, I was stoked about this! I downloaded Test2.prc and it ran just like everybody said. Then I hit the Red key on my Sprint650 to turn the screen off. I just left it like that for a few hours. Didn't get any phone calls or anything, then went back and did a Google search. My Treo 650 reset as soon as the results were being loaded. When it came back on, all the settings were back to default and all my email accounts but my default were deleted. I changed the settings back, but as I was finishing the settings, it reset again. I got two or three resets and so I delted the Universe files. Now whenever I switch applications I get a white screen with black horizontal bars for about a second before it goes to the app. and I am still getting resets every few minutes I use the phone. Tomorrow I will try a hard reset and HotSync the Treo back to normal. Hopefully that will work.
    700P, sprint. Universe Version 2. When I try to go to gmail (and sometimes other sites) I get a message: error:Failed to retrieve requested URL.
    Laissez Faire
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    700P, sprint. Universe Version 2. When I try to go to gmail (and sometimes other sites) I get a message: error:Failed to retrieve requested URL.
    The new engine will fix this. At the moment SSL isn't support, so gmail won't work anyway.
  7.    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Well, I was stoked about this! I downloaded Test2.prc and it ran just like everybody said. Then I hit the Red key on my Sprint650 to turn the screen off. I just left it like that for a few hours. Didn't get any phone calls or anything, then went back and did a Google search. My Treo 650 reset as soon as the results were being loaded. When it came back on, all the settings were back to default and all my email accounts but my default were deleted. I changed the settings back, but as I was finishing the settings, it reset again. I got two or three resets and so I delted the Universe files. Now whenever I switch applications I get a white screen with black horizontal bars for about a second before it goes to the app. and I am still getting resets every few minutes I use the phone. Tomorrow I will try a hard reset and HotSync the Treo back to normal. Hopefully that will work.
    Hmm. T'm not sure what is causing this.
    Could you possible get a screen shot?

I have an idea on what is going on, but I am not 100% sure.

sure:

When expanding the virtual graffiti area:
    http://zodiacdownload.free.fr/universe3_1.jpg

Collapsing the graffiti area add this distortion:
    http://zodiacdownload.free.fr/universe3_2.jpg

It would be cool to add an option that remembers the screen size (or the graffiti area state) when exiting
    I manged to get a connection. Instead of using "WAP 2.0" I have set connection type to "Permanent" port 9201. my provider supports this port, too. but it should be used with WAP 1 devices.

All (html & wap) pages work fine now, but i see no images. Every image produces an error: Could not send data to the server. Reason: (Buchse nicht ge÷ffnet (0x1208)). This maybe means something like port not open?

If I switch "Display images" to off the pages are loading much faster and I get no errors. Because loading is slower with images on, I guess the images are beeing loaded, but could not be displayed? Or is this a problem because I am using a WAP 1 Proxy now.

Quote Originally Posted by runningdave View Post
    I have installed Test2.PRC on my 650. Runs fine now. But I get no propper connection:

src/Net.c:453
    Parameter error[4612]

I have to use a WAP 2 proxy form my provider
    Address 195.182.114.522
    Port: 8080
    Connection Type WAP 2.0

I also have set "Use alt User Agent" to Nokia S60 or Nokia 6600.

The proxy settings seam to be OK. Without proxy i get only timeout errors.

Wap Universe has worked with my settings/account. What can I do?
    Alright, I think I figured out what I did wrong. When I installed the Test2.prc I did not delete the original program that reset the device (RC1), I chose to replace it with the new file. I think I remembered reading that you had to un-install previous versions before using the new one, so it's my own fault. I did a hard reset and installed all my programs again, including Universe (I backed up before installing this time). We'll see how it fares. So far so good. It really is an amazing accomplishment! Great program, but unfortunately it is not "operator error proof"
    Last edited by Musicman247; 03/12/2007 at 10:29 AM.
    I can't get Universe v2 rc1 to run at all on my Treo 650. I get a fatal exception upon launch every time. I have a GSM Unlocked Treo.
    Can someone please indicate a proper download URL for rc2 and any future releases?
  13.    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    Can someone please indicate a proper download URL for rc2 and any future releases?
    At the moment, here. I do not have my company website setup (have not had time) and I have not gotten my web forum up for public use.

I can't get Universe v2 rc1 to run at all on my Treo 650. I get a fatal exception upon launch every time. I have a GSM Unlocked Treo.
    What is the last number to be displayed in the upper left corner? If no number displays, then, hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247
    Alright, I think I figured out what I did wrong. When I installed the Test2.prc I did not delete the original program that reset the device (RC1), I chose to replace it with the new file. I think I remembered reading that you had to un-install previous versions before using the new one, so it's my own fault. I did a hard reset and installed all my programs again, including Universe (I backed up before installing this time). We'll see how it fares. So far so good. It really is an amazing accomplishment! Great program, but unfortunately it is not "operator error proof"
    Sadly, this isn't something that I can really make "operator error proof." It really all depends on how the PalmOS wants to handle it. There is always the possibility that the application is in NVFS, and so when you install the newer version the old one is still in NVFS and gets called, and bad things happen. Sadly, you'll probably have to bug Palm on this.

Edit: I think older devices (i.e. the NVFS guinea pigs like the Treo 650) were bad with this.
  14.    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by runningdave View Post
    I manged to get a connection. Instead of using "WAP 2.0" I have set connection type to "Permanent" port 9201. my provider supports this port, too. but it should be used with WAP 1 devices.

All (html & wap) pages work fine now, but i see no images. Every image produces an error: Could not send data to the server. Reason: (Buchse nicht ge÷ffnet (0x1208)). This maybe means something like port not open?

If I switch "Display images" to off the pages are loading much faster and I get no errors. Because loading is slower with images on, I guess the images are beeing loaded, but could not be displayed? Or is this a problem because I am using a WAP 1 Proxy now.
    It is a code bug. Right now support for older protocols has been temporarily put on hold. I need to re-write the engines to work with the new program structure.
  15.    #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPropre View Post
    sure:

When expanding the virtual graffiti area:
    http://zodiacdownload.free.fr/universe3_1.jpg

Collapsing the graffiti area add this distortion:
    http://zodiacdownload.free.fr/universe3_2.jpg

It would be cool to add an option that remembers the screen size (or the graffiti area state) when exiting
    Thanks.

This reminds me of the landscape video playback bug that we were having in the MagicLantern media player that I worked with, while I worked with it.

I'll take with the author of the code that deals with (tech lingo warning) alpha channels on png images. We'll have to write a special case for the Zodiacs I guess.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    This app is working pretty well and has tons of potential; Palm should have thought of/implemented this type of browser a LONG time ago. Finally, being able to toggle between site.

Question: I use an app called Pocket RealEstate wireless; its actually an applet that allows me to access the Garden State Multiple Listing service. However, I get errors when trying to access. The URL is http://prewireless.com Can you take a look if possible. IT would be immensley helpful to realtors like me that would like to keep a few tabs open at once.
    Thanks
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    At the moment, here. I do not have my company website setup (have not had time) and I have not gotten my web forum up for public use.
    Did you mean to provide a link above? If so, I can't find it.

What is the last number to be displayed in the upper left corner? If no number displays, then, hmm...
    There is no number; the crash occurs immediately. But I see from your blog that a number of Treo 650 users experience the same thing.
    I think that just checking this thread every once in a while will let us know about the new releases.

If you are asking for a link to the prc, here it is.

http://www.wapuniverse.com/downloads..._RC1_test2.prc

Make sure you delete RC1 before you install.
  19.    #279  
    Did you mean to provide a link above? If so, I can't find it.

There is no number; the crash occurs immediately. But I see from your blog that a number of Treo 650 users experience the same thing.
    Then you must be using test1. You will need to try test2 from the link that MusicMan247 listed. Numbers will appear in the top left corner if you have test2.

Right now you can find updates here, as in, this thread. Neither of those sites I mentioned are up (therefore no link as the sites are prepaid and there are insufficient funds to handle the traffic that would be generated).
  20.    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    I think that just checking this thread every once in a while will let us know about the new releases.

If you are asking for a link to the prc, here it is.

http://www.wapuniverse.com/downloads..._RC1_test2.prc

Make sure you delete RC1 before you install.
    Thanks.