Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Working on my 700p, but as mentioned before its slow. (That part of the software is being rewritten.)

One major flaw though is that tabs in the background can't continue downloading while they're in the background. That really makes this practically useless.

Also, there needs to be a shortcut for new tabs, closing tabs, and switching tabs.

Finally, I'm not sure why the mouse pointer interface is being used instead of how Blazer does it with walking the links, but that isn't an issue really, as it works fine.
    dkirker, great job on this, absolutely awesome idea for this program and I can't wait until it nears full completion.

On another note, it's so sad that Palm itself, after years of development, can't make Blazer anything like Universe.
    Oh and also, if you're going with the mouse interface, you might want to make it possible to move the pointer up to the title bar to click on things there too.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    That's a great point, merlin_3d.
    I fully agree.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Donald:

Treo 650

Filez info
    General tab:
    Size: 1113600 b, 352 recs
    Unique ID: -217446952, card 0
    Version ID: 1
    Attrs tab:
    Checked boxes: Backup, Resource DB

RescoExplorer info:
    General Tab
    Size: 1058k(1083528b), 352 records
    Version: v3.0.9
    Nvfs Size: 1087k(1113600b)
    Attributes Tab
    Checked boxes: Backup, Resource DB
    DB Header Tab
    All are zero, 0: Lock count, Open count, Modif. count, Appinfo Size, SortInfo Size

btw there are no files named Universe-Urls or Universe-Conn in my Treo 650
    There is only 1, one, Wapu file and that is 'Universe', even after reset.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    just a quick update universe v268 runs fine on the T650 but RC1 causes resets
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    dkirker,

wonderful job. I like what you have done. It is about time someone took the initiative to improve the browser. I was using it on my 700p, was working fine, slow in loading the pages, then it crash. Tried starting the browser again, and it caused the phone to reboot again, this happen about 3 times. I uninstalled the browser and all the files that went with it and reinstall it. The browser worked, went to a site to a long time to load, then the phone reset itself again. When it came back up, tried starting the browser, the phone reseted itself again.

You ask earlier for the ID from FILEZ, here is what I have:
    Name: Universe
    Type: appl
    Creator:Wapu
    Size: 1113600 b, 352 recs
    Unique ID: -218103336, card 0
    Version ID: 1

Under the Attrs tab, the Backup and Resource DB are checked

Name: Universe-Url
    Type: UrlW
    Creator:UrlW
    Size: 2048 b, 0 recs
    Unique ID: -218103392, card 0
    Version ID: 0

Under the Attr tab, nothing was checked

Name: Universe-Conn
    Type: ConW
    Creator:ConW
    Size: 2048 b, 0 recs
    Unique ID: -218103384, card 0
    Version ID: 0

Under the Attr tab, nothing was checked

dkirker, I am looking forward to when the browser is complete. It will be one powerful browser that everyone will run out and get it ASAP.

Couple things that I have noticed that I thought would be helpful:

A icon for the bookmarks would be nice. And the capability to have a drop down menu in the URL text box to list previous sites entered. Also, one other thing I noticed is that when i type in an url and go to the site and loads up, going to enter a new url, i have to work my way to the end of the url and start deleting was is already there before i can enter a new url. If i am correct, blazer has the capability to have a pop up window come up with the url displayed, so it would be easier to see what you are deleting or typing when entering an url.

I know i said a lot here, don't mean to drag on and on, I just hope that I was able to provide you with some information to help resolve some of the bugs issues.

Thank you,
    Barry
  8.    #208  
    Anybody with a crash at startup, please download the following: http://www.wapuniverse.com/download...e_RC1_test1.prc

This will take a while to start up. In the process it will display numbers on the screen. If it crashes, please tell me the last number before it crashed. You will have 1 second between numbers.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Anybody with a crash at startup, please download the following: http://www.wapuniverse.com/download...e_RC1_test1.prc
    When I try to DL this file, using Firefox, I get the following error message:

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.
    If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
    Error 404

www.wapuniverse.com
    Sat Mar 10 09:00:46 2007
    Apache/2.0.53 (Linux/SUSE)

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  10.    #210  
    grrr.... 1 moment
  11.    #211  
    Thanks bulletin board...

http://www.wapuniverse.com/download/..._RC1_test1.prc

Don't copy and paste. Seems like the board chops URLs.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Thanks bulletin board...

http://www.wapuniverse.com/download/..._RC1_test1.prc

Don't copy and paste. Seems like the board chops URLs.
    Still getting the same error message in both Firefox and IE.

Can anyone else confirm whether this is a general problem, or just me??

Thanks Don,
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Treo 650 results with ..._test1.prc :
    00-01-02-06-Kabooom(reset)

Donald, as you said, a second elapsed between numbers.
    I just got the 4, four, numbers: 00,01,02,06 - 06 followed 02 by 1, one, second and then after another second, the Treo goes black and resets.

After resetting, searching in filez results in only 'Universe' - non of the other files.

Geoff - I got the same problem as you trying to download the program from the link here using Firefox. I got it by going to www.wapuniverse.com and 'copy link location' the download and copying that into a new tab.
    Backspace/delete from end until 'Universe' and type "_RC1_test1.prc" click on go and you'll get it.
    Last edited by TBRunner; 03/10/2007 at 05:24 AM.
    dkirker,

Thank you for this amazing job!
    I tried the last _test1.prc on a Tapwave Zodiac2 and the number goes up to 6 before crashing.

Keep the good work
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TBRunner View Post

I got it by going to www.wapuniverse.com and 'copy link location' the download and copying that into a new tab.
    Backspace/delete from end until 'Universe' and type "_RC1_test1.prc" click on go and you'll get it.
    TBR--thanks! yes that allowed me to get the file.

Don- I got the same result as TBR - last number before black screen was 06

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Using a Cingular 650 ... also get to 06 before a reset using the "test" version. Happy to provide more info if needed. Can't wait to see this working on my phone. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts

This will take a while to start up. In the process it will display numbers on the screen. If it crashes, please tell me the last number before it crashed. You will have 1 second between numbers.
    Here's the proper link. Just rejoin the http:

h ttp://www.wapuniverse.com/downloads/Universe_RC1_test1.prc

Anyway, I get to 6 as well before the crash.
  18.    #218  
    Awesome! I can kill two birds with one stone. Wait, monsters. Birds are nice.

I'll post what is suspect after the number 06 in a few moments.
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by TBRunner View Post
    I thought that was a reset program for a minute.
  20.    #220  
    Lovely....

The crash is where Universe allocates memory to store all of its globals. This will be fun to fix...