Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    is there any way to stop a page from loading? on my 700p it seems like once I start loading a page the navigation buttons (including the stop) are not functional. I tried loading www.newegg.com and it looked like it was pulling the page for a while before it completely froze and I had to reset. I installed GIFLib.prc, iScript.prc, pnoJpegLib.prc, and Universe.prc. I've tried other pages as well to stop the loading without any luck.

the 5-button navigation works well. I was able to change the focus to the various links on yahoo! news. looking forward to trying the new http engine! thanks for all your efforts!
    Well done. I like what you have done so far. I know that this is the First release of many more to come. Keep up the good work.

I do agree about being slow, hopefully that can be remedy. A drop down menu in the url box would be nice for past entries.

Good Job!!!
    Barry
    Quote Originally Posted by dahwong1 View Post
    the 5-button navigation works well. I was able to change the focus to the various links on yahoo! news. looking forward to trying the new http engine! thanks for all your efforts!
    I can't get this working on my 680. Am I missing a setting or something?

duke
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    I can't get this working on my 680. Am I missing a setting or something?

duke
    Works fine on mine. Try deleting the app and reinstalling it after a soft reset
    Yeah, I tried it and it promptly crashed when trying to log into teamxbox.com. When I got back into my phone after reset and tried to open Universe again, it took me to Connection Settings and said I had to set up a connection profile before it would do anything.

Worked at first without this, then after crash I can't even open the thing without setting some kind of connection settings? What's that all about?

HG...
  6.    #186  
    It sounds like the preferences are getting corrupted...

Maybe that is what is causing most of the issues...
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    @vw2002: I have designed the browser to work with PalmOS 5 and up. I am not sure why the Treo 650 does not seem to work. This weekend I am going to take all of the "clues" that I am getting and put them all together. This is why it is crucial that I know what is going on when it crashed or froze (like what was on the screen).

I understand, dkirker. Firstly, let me say we appreciate your work on this new browser. Just to let you know what my experience has been, when you click on the universe icon, the screen turns black and the treo is immediately reset.

On those who have treo 700s and up, the browser seems to open up and operate for them, but on my 650 it wont open up without a reset.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    I understand, dkirker. Firstly, let me say we appreciate your work on this new browser. Just to let you know what my experience has been, when you click on the universe icon, the screen turns black and the treo is immediately reset.

On those who have treo 700s and up, the browser seems to open up and operate for them, but on my 650 it wont open up without a reset.

For what it's worth, I have a treo 700p. So it is not exclusive to sub-700 treo's...

HG

P.S. And yes, dkirker, awesome work! Just looks like some bugs need to get worked out...

P.P.S. So is the solution basically to just uninstall and reinstall? Bummer.
    Last edited by headgamer; 03/09/2007 at 03:22 PM. Reason: left comment out...
  9.    #189  
    So it looks like an NVFS issue (??)... Sad. This will be a pain.

Maybe I will use my own database structure.
  10.    #190  
    For the crashes on startup, can those who are getting it use a utility like FileZ or RescoExplorer to get the value of the preference for 'Wapu' (Universe) and post them here?

If there are none, please tell me.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Works fine on mine. Try deleting the app and reinstalling it after a soft reset
    got it and working.

duke
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ive been running the official beta since it came out way back when and im on version 268 and its been reset free onb my t650 sprint i have not tried release candidate1 yet
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    ive been running the official beta since it came out way back when and im on version 268 and its been reset free onb my t650 sprint i have not tried release candidate1 yet
    Hmmm....

Please back up everything and give the beta a try.

I am now curios as to what is going on.
    Just checked in FlieZ and didn't see any preferences called "Wapu". I looked before and after trying to start the program. It wasn't there. Could it be called something else?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Hmmm....

Please back up everything and give the beta a try.

I am now curios as to what is going on.
    I will do but it may be later this weekend ( need time to play )i thought u might respond to my post donald. and one more thing ive been running universe from the sd card using z launcher no problems so ill move it back install rc1 and see what happens and ill post back with details in this and the orig beta forum.
    this is a long thread so forgive me if already covered. Please look at this attachment. Anything look odd? Anyone else have the same issue?

duke
    Last edited by palandri; 07/12/2009 at 11:45 PM.
    Great job so far! I haven't had any resets or problems on my 680 *knocks on wood* but like others have already said, it is extremely slow. I look forward to your updates! This is gonna be a great program!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    this is a long thread so forgive me if already covered. Please look at this attachment. Anything look odd? Anyone else have the same issue?

duke
    What is wrong with that? You at least have it working! Us with 650s wish we had that problem, whatever it is.
    Here's a better example.

duke
    Last edited by palandri; 07/12/2009 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    What is wrong with that? You at least have it working! Us with 650s wish we had that problem, whatever it is.
    True...true. I am happy!