Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hi --

I am a happy GoodLink user. I got on the pilot at my company and it saved me from needing to purchase a Blackberry -- which was my objective as I love my Treo 650.

Question: My company has the software set so that the PIN does not expire, but it can only be used once to perform an install. I am thinking about installing the latest Verizon firmware update and wanted to know if I can run a backup (just downloard NVBackup) -- perform the hard reset and restore and still be able to use Good. This way I don't have to bug the administrator to remove/re-add me to the server.

Thanks,
    Gene
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    you have to backup Good from Good. It's in preferences. The backup of Good using another app will not work.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by gtrinker View Post
    Hi --

I am a happy GoodLink user. I got on the pilot at my company and it saved me from needing to purchase a Blackberry -- which was my objective as I love my Treo 650.

Question: My company has the software set so that the PIN does not expire, but it can only be used once to perform an install. I am thinking about installing the latest Verizon firmware update and wanted to know if I can run a backup (just downloard NVBackup) -- perform the hard reset and restore and still be able to use Good. This way I don't have to bug the administrator to remove/re-add me to the server.

Thanks,
    Gene
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thanks -- does that back up the apps and the data? I am trying to avoid having my account deleted/recreated on the server.

Gene
    The Good Back-up keeps provisioning data. Therefore, it there is a hard reset, you can run gdinstall and it is just like doing it OTA.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I did not know that you set the PIN to not expire but only use once to provision a device. Our servers are set up so you can reuse the same OTA PIN as long as you have the same CDMA device or same GSM SIM card. Of course backing up to an SD card via GoodLink is the faster way to recover from a Hard Reset (which will happen with a ROM update).