Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I know there is a thread somewhere that discusses this, but I can't locate it at this time. I am thinking about selling my Treo 650 and would like to securely delete all my personal information. How do I go about doing this before I make a final sale?

Please Help!

Thanks!
    You need to perform a zero-out reset. To do this, you need to have the treo 650 plugged into the hotsync, cable, but not your computer,

While the phone is on, press the up button on the 4 way menu, while holding the up button, press the power button and hold it,
    and while holding those two press the hotsync button and hold it,
    now press the reset button on the back (using the stylus)

What I do is keep the stylus in my mouth, press the buttons on the front and (while facing the phone away from my mouth) and then use the stylus to tap the reset button, its the easiest way I know.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thanks for the information. However, I don't have a reset button on the back of my phone. At least I don't see it.
    You have to remove the battery cover and in that is the reset button.

See this link: http://www.palm.com/us/images/suppor...13_Treo650.gif
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mp3junkie View Post
    Thanks for the information. However, I don't have a reset button on the back of my phone. At least I don't see it.
    Oh my gosh! A 650 owner who can't find the reset button in the dark - and you're selling it why???
    Be prepared to hold the stylus with your teeth when you use it!