1.    #1  
    Hi, I've got a treo 650 from bell that is constantly restarting everytime I turn on the phone. Is there someway I can fix this (reload the software?) and how would I do this?

Thanks
    Tariq Jamal
    Perform a hard reset. Instructions are in your manual, or you can search here if you do not know what that is.

Good luck!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3.    #3  
    Hi, I tried a Hard Reset, same thing. Even tried a zero-out reset. Are there any other options?
  4.    #4  
    Also, I dialed #377 and it says:

A reset was caused on 1/1/03 at 5:10pm while running "<unknown application>": HTCState TelephonyHandler.cpp, Line:373,HCI Interface versions do NOT match - 21 instead of 23
    Last edited by tariqjamal; 10/22/2006 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Can you take it back? It should work after a hard reset. Failing that, I guess you could use the ROMTool and flash a new ROM, but be careful and read up on it before you do it.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

6.    #6  
    Hey, I can't exchange it, but where can I get a Bell Mobility ROM and SIMPLE (super simple) instructions on how to flash the ROM onto the phone. Also, can i get phone numbers for verizon and sprint (for non US residents)? Thanks
  7.    #7  
    By the way, I have a Bell Mobility Treo 650 that works fine, is there a way to get the ROM off of that phone?

Thanks for all your help
    Perhaps Shadowmite, a member here, can help you with your ROM.

His work has been known to assist in the revival of many Treo bricks...

Shadowmite's website has almost as much info as Tim Hortons has coffee!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tariqjamal View Post
    By the way, I have a Bell Mobility Treo 650 that works fine, is there a way to get the ROM off of that phone?

Thanks for all your help
    Yes. Search the forums for "ROMTool". It would be easy to get the ROM from one phone to another, if they are the same brand.

Caution, though, you could possibly ruin your phone beyond repair if you do not know what you are doing. That said, the tool is easy to use.

I too am having the same problem. Constant resets after trying to upgrade the ROM. I tried replacing the FAT file, now I can't stop the resarts. Tried all hard, warm and soft. I'd appreciate if I could get the Bell Mobility ROM from someone to restore to my original state.
  11.    #11  
    I've got the ROM tool on my computer, now how do I backup a ROM from my other Bell Phone? Are there some steps I need to follow? And where can I find them...
    Try searching the board....there are plenty of threads on using the ROM tool.
    hey Tariqjamal... could you please send me a copy of the original Bell ROM once you download it? I accidentally overwrote mine instead of creating a copy. I now have constant resets with no solution on the horizon. Thanks.
    Is there anyone out there that can send me their Bell original ROM for the 650? I can't seem to get my phone from stopping the constant reset loop. Thanks.
  15.    #15  
    How do I backup a ROM? If you can tell me this, me and you can get the bell ROM. Also, does a hard-reset reload the ROM?

Thanks
    PM sent with link to the instructions.
  17.    #17  
    How can I check and make sure that this is a Bell Mobilitiy Unit not a Verizon unit?

Here is the BELL MOBILITY ROM.

http://www.afterhighschool.ca/belltreo650.zip

BY THE WAY, IT DIDN'T SOLVE THE RESET ISSUE, I THINK THAT MY PHONE IS NOT ORIGINALLY A BELL UNIT, could this be the reason why?
    It's a hardware problem.

HCI stands for "Host Controller Interface", the interface through which software and hardware interact. If the versions do not match then problem is lower level than your ROM. You could be correct in assuming that the phone was not originally designed for a Bell ROM, or it could just be a loose or broken pin on the radio module causing you to drop a bit somewhere.

19.    #19  
    Oh, SO I should open it up and try and see what I can do. Thanks for the advice. It may have happened when I changed the case.

Tariq Jamal