1.    #1  
    The new GetSportz beta 2 is now posted. If you haven't installed GetSportz you can download it free from www.getsportz.com. If you have GetSportz installed do two updates to get the latest.

New features include a re-architected update process. You can now select the sports you want to update from the settings link as well as schedule automatic updates. This will also update the free Palm Reuters news app (www.palm.com/addit)

I am still making some minor tweaks over the coming days to the content updating process.

Still to come is the live football app (two more weeks).

Hope you enjoy it!

James Fisher
    james@bluefishwireless.com

IMPORTANT NOTE: GetSportz must be run from the main memory. You will have unpredictable behavior including resets if you move any files to the SD Card.
    Last edited by jf2000; 10/24/2006 at 03:52 PM.
    Just updated OTA. Thanks for the enhancements...one question:

When I'm on a screen like NFL scores and click the update link. Is it updating just that page or other sports as well? I think it should only update that page and if you want to update "all" you would do that from the home page (for those sports you've selected in settings in this version)

Also, I have GetSportz and all the related files stored on the SD card via zLauncher when not in use. Sometimes during updates it crashes when network connections are shutting down. Other times it works fine. Seen this?

Also would be nice if we could permanently store the data files on the SD card while the app is in RAM to save space.

Thanks!!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I currently have a treo 650, and I've been debating going with a 700w over the 700p whenever I decide to upgrade. This app alone will probably keep me using the palm os.

I'm not sure if the data is available to you, but it would be great if the major european soccer leagues were added.

I think that the Update, Settings, Share, and Help links should be moved into the menus. Currently the "Update" doesn't have a consistent location in the interface. On the home page it is at the bottom, on the NFL "home page" it doesn't appear at all, and on the NFL "scores" page it is at the top of the page. If it was in the menu it would be easy to update from anywhere in the app. You could also give it a shortcut key if it was in the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Thanks for the I think it should only update that page and if you want to update "all" you would do that from the home page (for those sports you've selected in settings in this version)
    I agree that it should only update the current section that you are in. But there should also be an "Update All" option that would let you update all of the sports that you have selected in the settings.

I'm going to nitpick now

On the NFL injuries page, the injuries should be sorted the opposite direction. Currently it shows the august injuries first and this weeks injuries last. It might be a good idea to clear older injuries as the season progresses, although it would be nice to persist the season ending type injuries.

When you click on the "schedule" link, I think it should take you to the weekly schedule by default. I tend to look at the weekly schedule much more than I look at the individual team schedule. Also, it would be a good idea to put the current week at the top of the weekly schedule, similar to the way that nfl.com does it http://www.nfl.com/schedules.

When you click on the one of the sections the focus is set on the back button by default. You have to go over a lot of links using the 5 way to get to the most commonly used links at the top of the page. It would be better to set the focus at the top of the list of links.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    nice work..look fwd to seeing this evolve.

NHL please!!
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    When you say "live football", is this NCAA or just NFL?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
    When you say "live football", is this NCAA or just NFL?
    Live MLB shows a live game graphically on the Treo similar to what you can see on Yahoo. We are implementing similar functionality to the MLB version for both NFL and major NCAA games. For now we have the NFL and College scores updating every mimute. This will be automated with a screen refresh very soon.

James
    This is a really nice sports application. One thing I noticed is that when you click Today's Games and Scores, on some sports there is no way to get to previous days. For example, on the NBA, it says there are no games today, but there is no way to see the weekend results. I did see that on MLB, there was an option to see other days results. Other than that, it looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by jf2000 View Post
    Live MLB shows a live game graphically on the Treo similar to what you can see on Yahoo. We are implementing similar functionality to the MLB version for both NFL and major NCAA games. For now we have the NFL and College scores updating every mimute. This will be automated with a screen refresh very soon.

James
    Thanks. Just making sure that NCAA football doesn't get put in the backseat.

Also, any way to sort the scores by team or conference? I'd really like to see the "favorite teams" implemented, as that's where I'd like to go intially/most often.

Thanks. App is coming along nicely.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    This is a really nice sports application. One thing I noticed is that when you click Today's Games and Scores, on some sports there is no way to get to previous days. For example, on the NBA, it says there are no games today, but there is no way to see the weekend results. I did see that on MLB, there was an option to see other days results. Other than that, it looks great.
    I haven't got the NBA or college hoops scores working yet. The NBA will be up this week. If you are on NFL, or College football you can now see the weeks results in the teams schedule or weekly schedule. You can also link to the team's schedule from the standings and polls. This will be my model for the other sports so please check it out.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Wow, this app resets my Treo all the time. Is it supposed to do that?
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I have hit Update 3x but it only appears as though it is updating the data, rather than the app. Where can I go to check that I am currently running beta 2, rather than the previous version?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    When I first tried this program, I thought there were updating box scores.
    I do not see them anymore.

I do see a boxscore link, but it takes me to a broken web browser link, not to a live or updated boxscore.

For me, the box score/updating stats is a very significant feature.

Also, it seems that the recap should include the box score/stats as well.

Thanks.

Jeff
    newrazr

go to the settings screen. If you see options to select/deselect certain sports you have the latest

14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat View Post
    Hi, I see you are having problems with GetSportz. It shouldn't be causing any resets at all. GetSportz uses the MyTreo infrastructure. Palm ships this on the ROM of all their new Treo's and handhelds, so it is extremely stable and thouroughly tested. Can you tell me where you are seeing the crashes and the other applications you are using?

Please email me directly at james@bluefishwireless.com.

Regards,

James
    How do I know if I have beta 2? it says v. 4.46 on the info screen.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jf2000 View Post
    Hi, I see you are having problems with GetSportz. It shouldn't be causing any resets at all. GetSportz uses the MyTreo infrastructure. Palm ships this on the ROM of all their new Treo's and handhelds, so it is extremely stable and thouroughly tested. Can you tell me where you are seeing the crashes and the other applications you are using?

Please email me directly at james@bluefishwireless.com.

Regards,

James

Sent, I hope it helps.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat View Post
    Experiencing the same thing, both for the My Treo Addit application and Get Sportz. It happens generally on a wireless sync with the addit server. I was using both applications with success prior to these recent troubles. I've deleted all addit files from my device using FileZ and a clean install will solve the problem the first time, but it always comes back.

Since having success, I have installed Agendus Premium, Google Maps and the weather channel. Perhaps there is a conflict with one of these applications. I've deleted the application, but the last error message I received was:
    Emul68kmain.c,
    Line:403, illegal
    instruction 7769 at
    address 7345A262

Hope you can help.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    For me, I had problems until I installed over the air directly to my Treo 700p instead of hotsyncing.

I can't say why it would make a difference, but for me it did.

By the way, I too have Google Maps and Agendus installed.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Is anyone running this from their SD card? That's what I did and it reset with every data update/pull.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Me too. When it's in RAM it works fine