1.    #1  
    Every time I press it I lose control of my phone for a few seconds. I'm sure there's an answer on these forums somewhere, but I can't find it.

Anyone have an answer?
    you could go all bad *** and overlock ur treo i did and i GOT NO LAG BABY! yea ptunes runs in back of anything i got up to 468mhz
    I've got no such problem on mine. What apps do you have running? Do you, or have you ever, used Versamail on it? I recall a thread pointing out that using versamail creates a bunch of files that really slow things down, and removing these files speeds the 700 back up (until you use VersaMail again). I used Snapper, and don't plan to ever use versa.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo View Post
    Every time I press it I lose control of my phone for a few seconds. I'm sure there's an answer on these forums somewhere, but I can't find it.

Anyone have an answer?
    Change the preference so that the phone app does not display your next upcoming appointment.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I've got no such problem on mine. What apps do you have running? Do you, or have you ever, used Versamail on it? I recall a thread pointing out that using versamail creates a bunch of files that really slow things down, and removing these files speeds the 700 back up (until you use VersaMail again). I used Snapper, and don't plan to ever use versa.
    Using a file browser (Filez, Resco, etc.) delete any file with a Creator of asc3. Of course, if you use Versamail, disregard this tip.
    You can try overclock.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    You can try overclock.
    ok, i have this lag also in my phone program. i don't use versamail (i use chatter) and i don't have my appointment displayed on the phone program (i use datebk5).

so here's a question: what does it mean to 'overclock'. i've seen the term but not sure what it means.
    ~bean

palm IIIxe, tungsten t, tx, and now...a treo 700P
    palm all the way.
    Bean:

Did you EVER use Versamail? Even just start it up to see what it was like? If so, check for the asc3 files. If that's not it, what other apps do you have running?
    Bob Meyer
    Your CPU is set to a certain frequency (312MHz). You can set the CPU's frequency at a higher speed, but it has its risks. The CPU will run hotter, use more battery usage and could be damaged. Think of putting nitro in a station wagon. It worked well on the 650, but I haven't had much luck on the 700p. Mine ended up locking up with a black screen for 10 minutes before it came back to life. I suspect it overheated and did not try it again after that. Do a search for overclock here and you will find some threads on it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  10.    #10  
    Yeah. I use Versamail. You really think that would slow it down? How?
    How? Don't know. but there are a couple of threads on TC where multiple users report that deleting the versamail files eliminated that lag.

Maybe it's the link between the two apps used to populate the message count on the phone screen (in combination with some really poor programming).
    Bob Meyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    ok, i have this lag also in my phone program. i don't use versamail (i use chatter) and i don't have my appointment displayed on the phone program (i use datebk5).

so here's a question: what does it mean to 'overclock'. i've seen the term but not sure what it means.
    Run PXA clocker, change the default CPU speed from 312mhz to whatever higher. I underclocked for a while but it caused problem with TomTom so I stop.
    If you get a lag when going from Blazer to Phone, it could be that you have the option checked to clear cashe when exiting blazer.
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Change the preference so that the phone app does not display your next upcoming appointment.
    Where the heck is that option?
    _DeusI_Deus@hotmail.com