1.    #1  
    According to Engadget they received an inside PowerPoint presentation outlining Cingular's release of the Treo 680. One picture included is black or dark grey color of the Treo 680. Will this be Cingular's release color, and the other 4 colors (graphite, copper, crimson, arctic) will only be released from the store as unlocked phones?

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/21/t...d-to-cingular/
    Last edited by BenjyBoy; 10/21/2006 at 03:58 PM.
    good call, that makes sense.
    Hard to tell, the hardbuttons appear different in the two photos, so one could be a pre-production unit. I read elsewhere that some pre-productions (outside USA) were a darker color.
    The first image looks like a render. A nice looking render, but still....the second one (granite, or whatever they're calling it) is most likely it.
    Black would be nice. I hope they make it generally available!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    The image is just the graphite one that someone adjusted slightly differently in photoshop. There is no black one, no special color. A lot of excitement over nothing.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Yes, I am looking forward to black also. I like the new colors but black always looks so much cleaner.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    We Want Black !!!!!
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    i actually don't care which color Cingular gets - I just need a replacement for my current Treo, and I need it quick!
  10.    #10  
    The only reason I want black is because black looks so much cleaner and hides a lot of the scratches I usually get on my 700p
    yes, but do we have any more idea as to when? i'm currently using a razr with cingular cuz my 600 crapped out on me, but i'm going through serious withdrawals and i have only 2 weeks left that i can return it *whines*
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Black with rubbery material will be great
    That dudes got a lot of text messages to answer....
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  14.    #14  
    This morning Treonauts.com has picked up the same story and confusion about a possible black treo, here is the site
    Perhaps Cingular got an exclusive on black?

Otherwise it wouldn't make sense not to include black as one of the original 4 colors. I can't believe they would sell more red than black. Black looks sleek and chic.

G