1.    #1  
    http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/21/t...d-to-cingular/

Via Engadget:

"
    Big surprise everybody, the Palm Treo 680 is coming to... wait for it... Cingular. Right, we know, we all figured it was coming to Cingular anyway, but we snagged an internal Treo 680 PowerPoint doc and now we know for sure. It'll have everything we've been expecting: Palm OS 5.4.9 with that new five-tabbed quick access (dial pad, favorites, home screen, contacts, call log), quad-band GSP / GPRS / EDGE, 312MHz XScale processor, 2.2-inch 320 x 320 display, Bluetooth 1.2, IR, PocketTunes, 1200mAh battery, and a 4.41 x 2.36 x 0.88-inch body weighing in at 5.28 ounces. Oddly, Cingular also made mention of a few things in their "confidential and proprietary" document that we found a little puzzling: listed with their compatible email clients, it mentions XpressMail, Good, BlackBerry Connect and... "Microsoft Direct Push (Q1,'07)"? Huh? What's more, the document also lists SD / SDIO support when we know damn well the 680 uses miniSD. Ok, so maybe the Cingularian who threw this document together didn't know his biz as well as s/he might have, but either way at least now we know for sure orange customers can expect theirs soon.
    "
    [/I][/I]
    Why all this confusion about the miniSD? Only the 750 uses that.
    Pfff, still no price.

This must be a new guy, I am sure Ryan Block knows about the SD slot.
    HAH, I went to engadget and they already removed the sentence containing the portion about the SD and mini SD....pretty bad, you work for engadget and you can't get the facts straight!!!!ROFLMAO!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  5.    #5  
    Does the picture on the left of the website, look like a darker color to anyone. The graphite one is on the right, while the darker 700p color seems to be on the left. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Pfff, still no price.
    Agreed. While it's nice to know that it's coming to Cingular, what's the point without a price or firm release date? To (incorrectly) restate the specs?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Pfff, still no price.

This must be a new guy, I am sure Ryan Block knows about the SD slot.
    Actually, Ryan is often wrong and in many cases negative towards Palm. And it was Ryan who wrote the post.

*Anyhoo, an interesting item is Palm appears to be adding MS Push to the Palm OS. Very cool development.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Actually, Ryan is often wrong and in many cases negative towards Palm. And it was Ryan who wrote the post.

*Anyhoo, an interesting item is Palm appears to be adding MS Push to the Palm OS. Very cool development.
    Agreed. I don't have much respect for Ryan, Cyrus, or Chris on Engadget. Ryan gets his facts confused and ends up looking stupid, Cyrus's articles are garrulous, and Chris is hot-headed and deletes comments he doesn't like. They also don't seem to know (or don't seem to care) that row-back is frowned upon. The whole outfit is a joke, really... But alas, I'm still addicted to their site.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post

Ryan is one of the biggest supporters of Palm I know. Well, I don't KNOW him, but I know OF him, and he IS a big supporter.

As far as the Microsoft Exchange capabilities, the only thing interesting here is that Palm initially (for about the first day or two) had information on there website about the new Exchange Server capabilities that were exclusive to the 680, but it is no longer there on the Treo 680's info pages that they have. Not sure what is up with that.